Why are Anons so unlike the characters in works of literature popular on here/the authors of those works?

Why are Anons so unlike the characters in works of literature popular on here/the authors of those works?
Raskolnikov wouldn't be shitposting and bitching on Veeky Forums after he had his Enlightenment, Tolstoy certainly wouldn't be this cynical.

What's the point in you even reading then, if you take nothing from it?
>>>>>>inb4 reading for entertainment

often times its irony. but lets get real, anons who spend time shitposting and being mean on Veeky Forums aren't going to red tolstoy, and if they do, they surely wont enjoy him.

Emulation characters and authors isn't the point of literature.

>becoming a character in a book

do you have autism?

>becoming
No, learning their lesson.

what an idiotic thing to say

the truth is that most normal people want to change both the world and themselves to be in accordance with a standard that is external and greater than both

>Raskolnikov wouldn't be shitposting and bitching on Veeky Forums after he had his Enlightenment
Are you saying that we should kill our landladies?

>after he had his Enlightenment
>AFTER
No I'm saying you're in a Russian labor camp and you should smile because the sun is nice today.

>No I'm saying you're in a Russian labor camp and you should smile because the sun is nice today.
I wish, user. Gulag writers were GOATtier.

No user. I'm saying you're in the equivalent of a Russian labor camp. This shitposting cynical virgin hellhole of NEETs. So you can be GOAT-tier too. Like, now.

m8 you need to read solzhenitchyn and reconsider your dumbass opinion

dude kill your self, it is probably best, i'll do it too

user, I'm not saying gulags are good. I'm saying you can survive them.

Because shitposting is fun desu. In real life I'm not nearly as cynical as posts I make on here would suggest.
Some people play war video games but aren't murders. I make Kafka jokes and post pics of dfw; it's definitely not any worse than video games in terms of time wasted.

>it's definitely not any worse than video games in terms of time wasted
This say very, very, very little.

Well, actually I could imagine a lot of authors an characters shitposting and bitching on Veeky Forums.

>Raskolnikov wouldn't be shitposting and bitching on Veeky Forums after he had his Enlightenment
Good job not understading the book.

Why would anyone disturb such bliss?

Read Foucault. It's terrible we do.
Let user be!

>Why are Anons so unlike the characters in works of literature popular on here/the authors of those works?

how do you know that

you only see the shittiest side of us. most of us are more ourselves when we AREN'T on Veeky Forums

I'm honestly spending less and less time here the more I read.

I only ever go to the greentext your plot threads and the critique threads, and any other that involves writing.