Is Starbucks a meme? Their coffee isn't even that good. Panera's coffee is better and cheaper. Also...

Is Starbucks a meme? Their coffee isn't even that good. Panera's coffee is better and cheaper. Also, whenever I'm in line behind someone they order shit with whipped cream, chocolate chips, syrup and other shit. How do people consume that much sugar so early in the morning? And they end up paying like $7. Is there some sort of premium for consuming this shit? Baffling.

Can someone let me in on the joke?

It's fashionable to have a cup of Starbucks in your hands.

STARBUCKS IS ABSOLUTELY A MEME

>How do people consume that much sugar so early in the morning?

Have you seen how fat people are today?

Being fat is a choice that they can't even recognize.

This this this fucking this. It's the social aspect. It has nothing to do with the taste obviously because it's disgusting. The brand is A E S T H E T I C bro

>is Starbucks an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
The answer would seem to be no.

idk I've only ever had it once and I got a latte. Tasted fucking terrible and super burnt. Worst latte ive ever had

>element of a culture
>system of behaviour
>passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means

Starbucks is all three and you know it.

People go there for dessert drinks, because they're good at that. No one goes to Starbucks for plain black coffee.

This. I go their to order the Mocha Frappe without coffee at least once a week

>What's the deal with Starbucks? Their coffee isn't even that good. Panera's coffee is better and cheaper. Also, whenever I'm in line behind someone they order shit with whipped cream, chocolate chips, syrup and other shit. How do people consume that much sugar so early in the morning? And they end up paying like $7. Is there some sort of premium for consuming this shit? Baffling.

>Can someone let me in on the joke?

Living proof that brand identity and marketing are more important than quality and craftsmanship

Apple is a better example; they sell an objectively worse product at a massive premium whereas Starbucks is just meh.

It's all about marketing and branding.
No one goes to McDonalds to get a quality meal they go there for familiarity and convenience.
Starbuck is no different.
It's the McDonalds of coffee shops.
Most of their stuff is drinkable but forgettable.
All of their frozen drinks are just packed with sugar cream and tons of calories

>implying their nitro cold brew isn't fucking delicious

Hipster fucks. "Muh mainstream"

Anyone who strongly identifies with a brand of something as banal as coffee is just a poisonous byproduct of the capitalist system's love for market research. This is just as true for Starbucks as it is for Nike, Apple, or any other corporation that sells an average product with a pretty sticker on it for a premium.

Starbucks sells coffee. McDonald's sells coffee. Panera sells coffee. If you want a coffee, chances are there's a Starbucks or McDonald's or Panera nearby. If you're super picky about the quality of your beverage, do not choose one of these places. However, if you just want a fucking coffee, there is nothing wrong with going to any of these options to purchase your fix. Identifying against a brand (and thereby probably reinforcing an identification with a rival business) does nothing to stop people from shopping there and in fact only makes the root problem worse. (ex. businesses will brand themselves as "Not Starbucks" and rake in fat stacks while laughing at all the idiots who think that by buying SunDollars instead of Starbucks they are in anyway counterculture or subverting the system.)

Actually the best coffee I've ever had was the Starbucks single origin Sulawesi. It's smoky and rich. It's like drinking bacon in the best way

>a poisonous byproduct of the capitalist system's love for market research.

Jesus man, have a dinner date with Zedong? Did you just get out of your first Economics class or something?

People swear allegiance to what they know. Or what they're told to know. Why do you think team sports are so popular? Brands are no different it's human nature of us and them.

True. That's why you have to consciously remove yourself from the big corporate environment as much as possible. Your argument that your negation ends up being a confirmation of an affirmative for a competing corporate entity is in fact false, though. There are other methods of obtaining and producing products than switching to the counterbrand.

I like Starbucks. I grab a grande with almond milk and a few splenda on my way to school in the morning.

They sell sandwiches and some baked goods as well, but you can tell those are all just prepacked stuff.
I only go there for iced tea and said sandwiches, and even then mainly because I can get stuff for nickels on the dollar through giftcards.

The extra mile near me sells Seattle's best and its surprisingly delicious considering its convenience store coffee. Its only $1.69 for a medium cup.

/thread

Wow. An actual sensible post on 4cuck.

People who buy starbucks don't even enjoy coffee, they just need to be seen drinking it.

A starbucks cup is just a fashion accessory.

>Live in sad tiny ugly apartment
>Miss hanging out in the old living room at my parents house
>Get a book or a laptop and head to starbucks tm
>Come inside and get hit with the smell of fresh coffee
>Order from a big variety of both warm and cold beverages, they even have options for people that don't drink coffee
>Get a warm delicious apple roll or cheesy soon too
>Sit in a big cosy couch and enjoy my afternoon alones or with friends
Let me tell you you can get a cup of coffee anywhere but only starbucks can give you the good old American cafe experience

Here is what autist don't get
People don't go to Starbucks to have coffee
Simple as that
Starbucks doesn't sell itself on its coffee
People go to Starbucks to hang out with each other or spend some time outside and starbucks is nice and it has plenty of couches and Christmas music
I have been to places with better coffee and they are often overcrowded with too many tables, they are ugly and a little bit depressive and you have to wait for a waitress to navigate a laberint to get to you
Sure I would rather have the coffee of that place anytime but I would rather have it at Starbucks
Starbucks literally sells itself not their products, they sell the couch, the ac, the polite varista and friendliness, McDonalds is uncomfortable as fuck, who wants a coffee there?

while most of your post is true, you do sounds like a scarf wearing faggot.

I learned my lesson about consumerism as a kid
There was this massive store that sold one thing and one thing only, Christmas
Everything sold in the store was Christ related and you could wonder how the fuck does a store that only sells things that are relevant one day of the year be profitable?
Well it's because it was the most fucking christmasy place in the world and it was fucking expensive but when Christmas rolled around everyone wanted to go there
15 years later few stores still stand but this one does

Hey now, I for one like their caffeine milkshakes.

And the comfy atmosphere, like user said

Friends complaining young people can't earn enough these days to eat and live decent.
This comes from people who get a cup of starbucks 2times a day.

i saw a guy get sucked off outside of a startbucks once

was probably my best experience there to date.

Familiarity > Quality
Sure that coffee shop down the street might have better coffee but to a lot of people that doesn't matter.
With Starbucks I know exactly how my coffee will taste every single time. I know the menu and how much I can expect to pay. I even know how long I can be expected to wait.
To many people that sort of familiarity is worth more than the slightly better product you may get elsewhere.

I don't understand the hate for starbucks, maybe because I was raised on stale folgers that would sit out all day. Starbucks isn't that bad.