How significant is iq to learning? is there any point in bothering if your iq is < 80?

how significant is iq to learning? is there any point in bothering if your iq is < 80?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zsXP8qeFF6A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>how significant is iq to learning?
Extremely significant, along with a good memory.

>is there any point in bothering if your iq is < 80?
I would tell you to hang yourself, but you probably don't have the IQ to do it in the proper painless way.

Why are you being so rude to op?

How much time are you willing to invest? You can learn a lot without aptitude if you put in a lot of work, and indeed aptitude can be gained with experience. If you pursue what you want with a compulsive single mindedness and are willing to take the time to get there, then I wouldn't worry too much.

Exactly two reasons:

1. OP is a faggot.
2. I'm a miserable human being.

these threads suck, sure. i was going to call you out on being miserable but that is obvious, i suppose. maybe don't tell people to kill themselves, there are a number of mentally ill people who post here.

>maybe don't tell people to kill themselves, there are a number of mentally ill people who post here.

I don't know how to say this without sounding edgy but... I think it would be absolutely hilarious if someone actually killed themselves due to my shitposting.

Dude, IQ is just a meme.
Even if you are quite a slow learner, you will eventually find a field or something that you will master greatly.

Goodluck, and remember a good self confidence is the key.
But too much confidence is also bad.

silverback gorillas have an IQ of around 80

considering you just used the word "significant" and not "big" and were comfortable enough to use a symbol instead of a word, and considering you're posting on /sci, i'd say your IQ is at least 140, best i can do.

You can increase your IQ by constantly quizzing yourself. Anyone is capable of learning and it's a dire myth to believe that people are born dumb.

If you honestly believe that, congratulations there is something fucking wrong with you and you're a mental defective.

IQ is like the car engine.

Even with the best engine, a poor driver will still suck in anything but a straight road... while a great driver equipped with a poor engine can still perform quite well in most circumstances. But in the end, if the drivers are even close to equal in skill and training, the one with the better engine in his car will always win.

Obviously in the story above, intellect represents the engine, while training, hard work and raw experience represents the skill of the driver.

With a low IQ there is definitely going to be a very painful gap to what you can learn. But you should absolutely at least try. Furthermore, because IQ is a very narrow representation of our true intellect, even scoring low does not mean there wouldn't be traditional "intellectual" tasks that you could absolutely excel in.

So yeah, IQ has a significant correlation to learning ability, speed, and maximum information capacity. But it's still just a correlation, not a guarantee. Anyway, from the perspective of the rest of the world, IQ is too unreliable to matter much at all. It's a big deal in the US for some reason I don't know, but in the EU for instance IQ isn't used for anything at all save for some dumb ass Mensa club membership. Your worth is measured in your ability. Regardless of whether that ability is a result of natural intelligence (whether this correlates with IQ or not), or hard work.

So work. Work hard. And don't let a simple 3 digit number (or 2) define your worth, because it doesn't work that way.

does that mean this thread is obfuscated gorilla posting?

Second this

Wow, I fucked up. Those quotes should be swapped. This guy is fucked in the head or just really fucking retarded.

IQ is inseperable from culture. Having taken an IQ test I can tell you right now. The tests involved aren't necissarily weighted for any particular kind of person (so any person can do an IQ test and not have the results be horribly skewed) But they are still a test and are subject to all the brain pan bullshit and cultural pressurings that are associated with such. It's why stormfront faggots are retards. Testing, focus, wanting to do well, not giving up during the test? that shit is all hard to keep up. Some of the questions are weirdly worded and seem to just dismiss you as stupid if you don't get them. It's very easy to lose hope during the test, and if you actually have people, schools, and a culture that does not look down on high test scores but demands them, like japan or asian countries, you see a much higher margin of IQ relative to other countries like africa and ghettos.

Basically you shouldn't think of IQ as significant to learning, while it does make a real difference, it's got several weaknesses that can be very glaring. So many of the tests are also timed that you can probably dramatically increase your score just by learning to speed read and hold memories in your head. Your brain is an organ that can see use and get stronger, learning is never a waste of time, but you have to dedicate real effort, even when your brain is probably a scum bag that wants to form easy habbits for the fastest payoff.

If anyone gives a shit, My IQ score was 118, High in verbal comprehension, low in speed.

>at least 140
Not op but....

Oh shit. Im happy if people like you see me that way

Gorillas and apes have a stupidly high speed. If not for that they would be no where near 80, they regularly out preform the fastest mathemeticians in calculations they are able to actually do.

>How significant is iq to learning

It's really not significant, what matters is your determination and willingness to learn. Having a higher iq just makes it quicker and easier to learn, since you can process information faster and remember more.

>is there any point in bothering if your iq is < 80?

Definitely, it's just going to take a shitton more practice, studying, questioning and attention than someone with an iq of 140

lol. Gorillas can't math.

IQ doesn't matter.

Fast, not smart.
youtube.com/watch?v=zsXP8qeFF6A

>a monologism patient can become Jacob Barnett if only he puts in enough effort
>jst bee urselve and shewt fr teh strs bby ;^)

Brainlet acceptance is just as bad as fat acceptance, if not worse.

I'm literally dumb as bricks, and have been top of my class in every math course I've taken at college; you can do anything if you try hard enough.

out there somewhere theres a book

a special book

like a teachers edition

that explains
in detail
how to answer IQ questions
how the solutions are arrived at
how the questions are made
etc...

school, learning, life

its all just a game man

You can become un-fat.

You cannot modify your genes to be un-retarded

You are retarded

That was almost the point of my post before you fucked up and chose incorrect grammatical person. How disappointing. Brainlets, when will they learn?

holy hell shut the fuck up dude

when is fast and precise mentally not being smart?

>yellow fetishist
>terrible human being

it checks out.

yet the average full blooded Australian aboriginal has an IQ around 60. Same with Sub-Saharan Africans.

retarded analogy is retarded.

the IQ score IS the driver.

Actually you can increase IQ by genetic engineering in the long term and short term by placebo effect "IQ pills that if you believe will raise IQ it will

Mfw my IQ is 115 last time I checked (years ago) am I retarded

OP, ignore all these trolls.

Listen toThis guy knows what's up

>my IQ is shit
There are tons of books and research which explains how to make neurogenesis happen faster.

There are three things you must enhance everyday.
- Body
- Money income
- Time management
If you spend hours watching TV, internet, comics; thinking about matters you can't control, this kind of shit is fucking you up more and more.

My dreams and objectives aren't being the new Newton, or having a high IQ. I work for my dreams and recognize that the unique obstacle I should worry about is my own mind. That's all.

It's hard. It's harder if your frame of interpretation is pessimistic/loser.
A great example is Rocky:
- A dumbass who can't notice he can't even box agains the negro and fall on the floor over and over again.
- A brave boxer who doesn't give a shit about anything but knocking the opponent. He stands up everytime he falls. He will fight till he is dead.

Do you understand now we all have different frames of interpretation?
Most succesful bussinessmen on history have this habit. There are more topics and thoughts going on inside your brain.

There are tons of books about this matter. If you are not used to reading books. Get rid of that belief and start visualizing yourself doing it.

Asking yourself: Is it really worth it? Can I do it later? Why can't I be x!?; will only make you avoid "risks" and you will be the same shit you have been all your life.

Change your thoughts consciously. The same shit happens with: "This is not for me" "I'm introverted"
The same believes which fuck you up and limit yourself everytime there is a chance to improve.

I'll repeat it. There are tons of books which are pretty valid. I think I'm not going to tell you any names.

IQ is a useful indicator for large populations but for individuals it is not 100% accurate.

there are some people who score low on IQ tests but still have brains capable of complex and demanding problem-solving tasks.

You might be one of those.

but if not and you fidn difficulty evenwith quite simple stuff (e.g. highschool material) then you should have enough wisdom to realise what your weaknesses are and instead play to your strengths.

stupid people can often be good at:
people skills
hospitality
seduction
sports
training
arts and creative things

IQ is used by some companies right?
There is no personal use for this kind of thing.