Have you ever paid more than $3 for a book? if so, why?

have you ever paid more than $3 for a book? if so, why?

Because I wanted to buy it.

/thread

I wasn't finding a copy of the new J R reprint anywhere for cheap

Because I'm not poor like OP.

I'm willing to pay more in order to avoid a cover which offends my aesthetic sense.

Yes, because of commodity fetishism and the fact that it was a gift.

Cause you can't find English language books at a decent price here, and if you di they're almost always shit.

I paid $200 for a leatherbound first edition of Coleridge's Rime of the Ancient Mariner at a garage sale, but other than that fuck no. My father owned a bookstore he sold a couple years ago, I got too used to having unlimited access to everything to want to ever pay for a book again.

just spent £160 on the Veeky Forums fantasy books.

I have OCD.

On a book recommendation from an online acquaintice, I've read Jernigan. I got to a few pages before my teenage attention span failed and I lost the book.

I want to pirate it and finish it.

Other than that, I bought Infinite jest from a recommendation from a book store. I was ted to impress the big girl retail clerk with my adventrous side.

My wrists hurted trying to hold that fucking book, so I pirated it. I had never talked to big girl again.

>Veeky Forums books
>fantasy

flip a coin pal

Buying quality children's books (hardcover, of patrician abridgments or best editions) is expensive as fuck

because it was an account of waterloo printed in 1815

Of course. It balances out all the ones I get for free or almost free. I don't always have the patience to wait years in hopes of finding a specific text in a fucking library sale or flea market. Books are worth my money.

I payed $20 for my copy of IJ

I literally just paid $3 for a 1st ed of In the Heart of the Heart of the Country. Pretty excited about it.

no where besides the thrift store carries books for less than three dollars where I live, and most of what they do have is not literary

Yeah, course books
I try to minimise the amount of money I give to the campus Jew, but it'll get to you eventually

Nice steal for Against the Day

Yes. Cheap editions usually suck. Although i pirate most of my books now anyway.

I was pretty pissed about paying $3 for that.

love me some $1 books

Yes, cause i live in Uruguay.

Although i live in Mexico, i can relate.
Most of the books here are super expensive, atleast 8$. Also it is hard to find a book that isnt a best seller.

lol

i used to, but now i don't

but that's because I sell books for a living :)

and if that's your pic, you're more than a little bit of a fucking idiot. I don't think you got a single book at a price that I'd consider especially good, certainly not good enough to brag

You sell book mate? Lmfao you fucking failure

but the books are cheap as shit lmao

would never pay a fucking dollar for malamud, forster, wolfe

but i mean, i wouldn't take that stuff if you were giving it away

you sound like a faggot desu

Its really sad here in Mexico.
Nobody reads.
The books that people read, are the ones targeted for people with IQs

u r gay
hahaha

>hating on forster

time to kys senpai