ITT: food you used to hate but now love

ITT: food you used to hate but now love

Mushrooms, I don't know what happened but they are now my favourite food. How do you like to cook mushrooms?

Mushrooms as well for me, favourite way is to make garlic mushrooms to have with a steak. Butter, red wine, maybe a touch of balsamic, oregano, salt, and pepper. And obviously mushrooms.

Olives are another for me, used to hate them but I can't get enough now. Especially the ones with garlic cloves in the middle

Avocado.

Just got over the texture one day.

I remember being like 10 and immediately spitting these out when I tried them. But I can't get enough of them now. At the kitchen I work in we deep fry them for like 1:30 - 2 mins and then toss with sugar and salt and put in candied pecans and drizzle brown butter sauce on top. But I love them in basically anything now.

LOVE MUSHROOMS

ill slice up a whole pack, an onion, and one garlic clove

1 tablespoon of butter in the pan
add mushrooms
once a lot of the water is boiled out, add onion
slowly saute for a while, add garlic in the last 5 minutes

spread over toast, pop it in the oven with some cheese on top if you want

Can't answer the first bit because there are no foods disliked as a kid that I like now but rather quite a number of foods I liked back then that I detest now. However, I like to cook mushrooms a bunch. Last night, I made beetroot and mushrooms soup. This weekend, I'm to make cheeseshroom, which is just like a cheesesteak only less the steak, swapping it out wholesale for mushrooms.
Other things I do with mushrooms:
• mushroom risotto
• mushroom oil as a dressing for meats
• mushroom gravy for chicken or pork
• steak and mushrooms
• duxelles
• stuffed mushrooms
• mushroom chowder
• "deviled" (IE curried) mushrooms (hatu deval)
• mushroom-stuffed dumplings of various types (like tortelli/tortellini, ravioli, pierogi, jaozi etc)
• pork and mushroom pie
• mushroom tart
• mushroom fried rice
• pasta with mushroom butter
• mushroom alfredo

Goddamn, I love mushrooms.

Try the habanero stuffed olives.

Sure they're hot, but it has the best flavor of any olive I've tried.

Anything is delicious if you deep fry it and smother it with sugar salt and butter

When I was a kid, I was completely turned off by the texture of onions. Now I could eat them in almost anything.

I love a good mushroom soup. It's super easy. Dice the mushrooms and sear them oil and butter. Then add onions and garlic. Then flour. Allow to cook off the rawness of it all and then add cold milk. Throw in whatever herbs you like and let simmer for 45 minutes or so. It's so simple and awesome, especially this time of year.

you value food more than about 65% of this board

The only thing I would do differently is add stock and simmer, then add milk or cream at the very end. I absolutely despise curdled milk.

tomato sauce (i used to hate it but now enjoy it from time to time)
salsa dip (again i didnt like it but now i occasionally dip my tostito chips in it)
onions (i didnt like them much but now i LOVE them)
pickles (couldnt stand them but ill eat them once or twice a year, i especially like the juice)
and ANY Condiments (ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, ranch dressing, ect) at all I couldnt stand them, now i LOVE condiments and like mixing them together

ITT: People did not like low-calorie foods as kids, but like them as adults.

Shocking.

>ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, ranch dressing
You must be 18 to post here.

yes because my taste in condiments says my age

>ketchup
>ect.
>not using capital letters except for EMPHASIS
You don't need to hide you're underage. That's okay.

Sounds like you're trying to mask the taste

Bell peppers, holy shit.

>he doesn't use garlic to make garlic mushrooms

Try different mushrooms, not all of them have the same texture and taste, and cook then in different ways.
Taste for mushrooms restored.

hot roux + cold milk = no lumps