Philosopher

>philosopher
>writer
>one of the best bodies ever
how most writers and intelectuals are lazy pieces of shit?

how come they work so hard on their brain and then let their body rots.
how come they never workout and then blames women for not liking them (shopenhauer)?

Is there any philosophical school about working out both your body and your mind?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U8CtOqJy6xM
youtube.com/watch?v=zgsoJWXchp8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Read Sun & Steel

ya, the fucking greeks.

who dat

bruce lee iliterate nigger.

Is this faggot even trying?

Oh, I thought this had something to do with literature. My mistake

how can modern society compete?
:^)

except he had a degree in philosophy and wrote books.

Is there anything interesting from him?

he's literally a real life version of some greek hero.
he's considered the best martial artist in history.
he studied philosophy in college, got a philosophy degree.
he revolutioned martial arts and founded his own style.
he founded a philosophy school.
he is the inspiration of jackie chan and most martial artists actors.
plenty of references to him from film, books, tv, commercials, videogames.

when he died at 35, he had a body of a 18 year old male.

his technique hasn't been surpased.
among many other physical feats.

he trained both his mind and his body, to reach full potential.

He's literally god.

I forgot, he literally invented what we understand as fitness.

so what

you asked what's interesting about him.
I just told you he trained hard his mind and body.

what do you expected?

he's literally an anime character IRL.

None of this is answering OP.

The question is WHY?

WHY are modern intellectual types so neglectful of their bodies?

why is a childish question

I guess it has been answered in a way. Because we don't HAVE to labor, we get in the habit of living a life of "comfort"

>he is the inspiration of jackie chan

Jackie Chan's story about working with Bruce Lee is the cutest thing ever: youtube.com/watch?v=U8CtOqJy6xM

It seems weird to work hard on your brain yet let your body rot.

>how come they work so hard on their brain and then let their body rots.
because its not important in the real world. bruce lee main thing was being a fighter he was required to be in shape
The richest people who RUN THE WORLD WHO INVENTED THE INTERNET YOU'RE SHITPOSTING ON
Have to put all their efforts into mastering it.

I like bruce lee but this post is idiotic and probably came from some 17 yr old fat kid from Veeky Forums who needs inspiration which is cool. but you do realize some people work 12 hour shifts at their jobs right?
not everybody has time counting macros and progressing at the gym when it has no benefits besides "aesthetics"

A surprising amount of people in high level positions in business, tech, etc. Regularly exercise. Not to Bruce Lee levels sure, but they definitely don't sit around wasting away.

From what I can guess, maybe it's because they justdon't care about it, and that's valid.

yeah they do just enough so they don't kill over from all the adderall/coffee they drink to stay awake. but OP is talking about "best bodies" and im telling him thats irrelevant to a lot of people

you only need to workout three times a week and each workout takes less than one hour.

kys fatty apologysts.

First of all post your body :)
anyway you have no clue what you're talking about. nobody is making any gains bsing for less than an hour. even with a fullbody routine
did you also not forget diet?

Like I said it's not important to them to mess with a successful routine/formula just for "aesthetics"

1. To accomplish by work or effort: worked out a compromise.
2. To find a solution for; solve: worked out the equations; worked out their personal differences.
3. To formulate or develop: work out a plan.
4. To discharge (an obligation or debt) with labor in place of money.
5. To prove successful, effective, or satisfactory: The new strategy may not work out.
6. To have a specified result: The ratio works out to an odd number. It worked out that everyone left on the same train.
>7. To engage in strenuous exercise for physical conditioning.
8. To exhaust (a mine, for example).

>yet let your body rot.

That's because you don't know the concept of scale.

There's a difference between eating healthy, and going for 1 hour walks once a day, and spending your entire waking life literally constantly with 160 bpm pulse from working out.

Doing the former is good for you, doing the latter only few people bother doing, and it is why he is unique in that regard. If everyone started doing it, he would literally become a nobody.

>Schopenhauer didn't workout
he did though "life is movement* and gets shaped by it"
*Aristotle referens, paraphrasing holla at me plebs

The burden of proof is on you, simp. Why should people who live lIves in which physical labor is irrelevant bother to exrecise beyond basic maintanence to cope with the effects of aging?

kek

The mind cannot live without the body - Neo (The Matrix)

>his technique hasn't been surpased.

Sounds like something a 18 year old would put on his jewbook.

Internet and media addiction

Industrial revolution

antimaterialism amirite

Untermensch detected

Hello fatty

I assume I hit a nerve.

I'm white so I could care less. White privilege means we're the greatest race, otherwise White privilege wouldn't exist.

idk but after a day with increased physical activity i find it easier to read and comprehend philosophical works, so i do every day at least some sit-ups

The original joke went completely over your head.

If white men are the greatest, then why are white women breeding with niggers?

because you can't pickup girls if you have a belly dad.

most intelectuals despised women because they couldn't score hot mad teenager pussy.

>hot mad teenager pussy
>hot mad teenager
>hot mad
>mad

Based on statistics from OkCupid, every female race prefers white males.

I managed to fuck prime teen pussy and I still hate women.

youtube.com/watch?v=zgsoJWXchp8
keep telling yourself you can pickup girls with your shopenhauer lines while being a fat fuck.

even girls find blacks hot as long as they look like the old spice gigga nigga.

>okcupid

> used up old single mothers seek beta provider

Wew lad

I'm black and none of that shit is true
stop the race baits
idk that many successful blacks (non rappers) who are dating successful white women

Might as well pick up a prostitute if you're going for those 75 IQ sluts.

t. stormweenie

Indeed.

pic related me :)
only white girls that date me are the pot heads who are still into odd future and asap rocky
In the rich communities I still see whites dating whites

Why are there so many r9k crossposters these days?

What's happenin?

None of us came from r9k, user. You've deluded yourself with spooks.

Is that your arm? Can't tell.

The implies are thick in OPs post

i'm the muscle nigga, pop pop pop*
*the sound of my firearm

>not getting gains to look good to other males

bicep

You should consider weightlifting.

already do 3x a week :)

3x a week is weak though

That's good. Couldn't tell. Keep it up, bro.

>he fell for SS GOMAD

yeah :( I'm doing fullbody +accessories at the end
thx diet seems to be the hardest part :(

Really hope you're being ironic. I take no qualms with having pride for who and what you are, but those arms are weak as fuck and only a narcissistic dimwit would think otherwise.

Yeah, not everyone needs to be a bodybuilder, but everyone ought to be honest with themselves. Unless you started as an anorexic then that's no size or definition to be proud of.

To prove my point, what's your flexing circumference?

>it has no benefits besides "aesthetics"
Idiot.

um no friendo? I know im weak only been lifting for awhile :)
Lifting is fun and gym people are chill

T. Pseud in not only literary but also personal health fields

Jesus fucking christ kill yourself. Weightlifting and bodybuilding's magic is done on rest days you fucking retard that's why almost every regimen that isn't some insane spergelord wrestler on rides is a 3-4x a week one. Kys so hard

ayy lmao look at this insecure faggot talking down other peoples archievements.

slightly better pic but I'm standing by what I said for now. I can already tell your lats, delts, and traps are lacking, with that I can infer your legs are probably also lacking. If you're making progress then that's good, keep it up, but I'm not even a Veeky Forums browser and I remain unimpressed.

Also, since the conversation started about women and race I should point out that the vast majority of women either don't care about physique or actually dislike overtoned or largely muscular builds. They tend to like skinny and slightly defined. So, you might get a lot of poon but your bangin history and your body aren't not impressive to non-betas, and even then most betas wouldn't care.

Weightlifting's a meme desu. Just run and do shit that only requires a surface and get ottermode like Bruce Lee.

>being a narcissist is ok
spotted the nietzche memer

hmm I think you misread my original post or I communicated poorly
I said being muscular has nothing to do with women liking you. neither being black
Lifting is fun but it's not some secret key to making your life better only I can do that by doing my best everyday.

>I'm ok with my life being mediocre as fuck
ok lad.

Yeah I probably did misunderstand then. I used to like lifting, but arthritis and apathy worked their way into my life and I started realizing I was too tired to write or do other intellectual activities. Learn as much as you can about it so you don't fuck yourself up with injuries because a life of constant pain isn't worth it. I know a few people who have had lifting related injuries. I look like shit now and I hate it, but I don't care enough to work at it again. Plus I love shitty food and can't imagine going back to a real bodybuilder diet again.

not him but why do people injured when lifting?
because they take too much they can handle?

are they dumb?

NEW THREAD>>>

The person you're replying to probably didn't do either or both pre- and post-workout stretches. Also swimming and calisthenics tops "hurr pik it up and put it bak down hurr" any day.

I'm telling you, man, just do running and do stuff like push-ups, sit-ups and pull-ups.

Lots of reasons, that's one but there are a host of other reasons ranging from cardiovascular problems (heart attacks, passing out) to weird things like anal prolapsing. Getting an injury doesn't mean you're dumb, it's just that most people don't educate themselves enough when embarking on the fitness journey, and even then, mistakes happen.

Most commonly injuries are joint related since joints, ligaments, and tendons are fragile. Those injuries are often caused by poor form during exercises. Poor form can result in hyper-extension and overstressing of those weak and vulnerable areas resulting in dislocation, tearing, inflamation among other things.

The most common form related error I see is the "bring the barbell to your chest" thing. Your elbows should not go past parallel with your back, if they do the likelihood of injury is drastically increased and the added benefit of reaching deeper into the pectorals is strikingly minimal by comparison. Better results can be gained through supplementary exercises rather than trying to limit yourself to the "core" lifts.

I forgot to mention stretching is important, but it's related to joints, ligaments, and tendons.

Swimming is one of the best full body and cardio exercises you can do, but it won't make you strong or super sleek by itself. There's nothing dumb about lifting. I follow the motto of a many others out there, "work out smarter not harder."

he is the proof that the greeks were right