Do you ever eat chili over rice? Or is it just noodles for you?

Do you ever eat chili over rice? Or is it just noodles for you?

chili belongs on rice, fuck off with the spaghetti

>Beans in your "chili"

Kys

>Do you ever eat chili over rice?
all the time
>Or is it just noodles for you?
you wot?

I don't really like stretching meals with rice. I'd rather just enjoy the chili as it is, then if I somehow have run out of food and money, I'll just eat rice the next day.

noodles are certainly more common than rice for this

not where i'm from. i felt like a savage once when i ran out of rice and hat to use noodles. interesting to hear that

I've always had it just on its own in a bowl all my life until about two years ago when I heard about chili with rice/noodles.

I prefer it on it's own.

I used to live in Cincinnati. I never tried chili on pasta. I don't think I was missing out.

It might be good on something like egg noodles or spaetzle

>I prefer it on it's own.
me, too. but i'm a poorfag college student so i always stretch it with a side of rice

Whar about with tortillas, and serve yourself rice, cheese, guacamole, sour cream and salsa? Putting dinner together at the table is a real pleasure for me, and extends the meal.

I usually put chili on my pizza.

I put Stagg canned chili on my Domino's pizza the next day to stop it being dry and to give it a bit of zip.

>noodles are certainly more common than rice for this
Maybe in Cincinnati, and with something that's apparently quite different than normal chili con carne. Is this something people do in other places? I've genuinely never heard of it.

I'd never even heard of putting chili over rice before seeing people talk about it here. Is this all just flyover stuff?

It's flyover. I know people that do this. I'll put it in a flour tortilla with various accoutrements and top with pico de gallo, though. I might have a side of Mexican style rice with it, but the chili con carne ain't going on top of the rice.

t. Flyover from bumfuck backwater.

In the UK chili is served with rice as standard. Same with curry. That's just how it's typically eaten. Noodles are an insane suggestion. A Mexican and a Chinaman breaking bread with one another? Preposterous. Preposterous, I say!

That's sort of what I was thinking. As far as I know, no one does either in the Pacific Northwest, where I grew up. I live in New Mexico now, and I haven't seen it, either. Although New Mexico style chili con carne, which is basically just chunks of meat in a chili sauce (occasional with other things in it) is served over refried beans sometimes, or with a side of rice.

I understand there's probably some amount of trolling going on in these threads, but it also seems like some people think that these things are totally normal, which I don't understand.

What about over Fritos?

I used to do rice until the one glorious day when I was introduced to something new and my chili would never be the same again.
There's a Belizean couple at my Meeting who made a chili once for a potluck with potatoes in it that they served with flour tortillas. It was filling enough to not need rice and I've followed suit. Now, I add potatoes to my chili and eat it with a tortilla because fuckyeahchiliwithpotatoandtortilla.

They used goat meat, but I use beef more often than not.

Refried beans, or more commonly kidney beans, are considered to be a central component of chilli here. Minced beef, refried beans, a savoury, tomato-based sauce and a middling amount of spice. I would prefer it moreso, but that tends to be reserved for Indian food and Nandos.

>chili with potatoes
Also fairly common in NM. If chili has anything in it that's not meat, it's probably going to be potatoes. It tastes pretty good with the local style of chili, too (again, basically meat in a sauce, not really a strew, and just made out of chiles).

Chili is something that's a lot more regional that I think most people realize. In the areas where chili is from, basically every region has their own version of it, and I guess everywhere that got it secondhand started doing different things to it, too. Even putting it on noodles.

I've never heard of serving it over rice, but I've seen it with egg noodles often

Yeah, their chili didn't have any tomato in it. It was just puréed roasted red chilies (or possibly bell peppers) and various dried chilies in theirs.

It was delicious.

SW here
mom used whatever starch we had
could be crackers, rice, potatoes, tortillas, corn bread, but not noodles
maybe she hated cincinatti, but really it's just that noodles are less of a SW thing than any of the rest

Best is some crunched up spicy chicharones.

Never heard of Chili on rice or noodles (wtf) but chili with cornbread is the best.
I'm Canadian

I don't know what cornbread is, but I eat all my chilli with a few slices of crusty bread. It beats rice, noodles and mashed potatoes.

makin some chilli tomorrow, and i've never made it before
I know everyone's making their own chilli recipes, but is there a recipe that i can use for a good baseline?

>I don't know what cornbread is
>corn
>bread
shit I get baited easily

I learned to put chilli over rice from black folks. I live in California. Friends friend we got it from. There was home fried chicken, rice with chili on top, and some greens.

That's what makes me want to bang my head when people go on about >beans.

YOU FUCKING HICK ITS NOT EVEN FROM HERE.

I eat it over fritos with sour cream and cheese

i eat chili over frito chips like a true american

Cornbread or tortilla chips. I've had it on a baked potato and that was pretty good too.