What is the best cheese and why is it vermont white extra sharp cheddar?

What is the best cheese and why is it vermont white extra sharp cheddar?

Honestly m8, in the list of 100 best cheeses, there are no entries from the US. Fact.

reminder that whether cheddar is sold as white or yellow is entirely unrelated to quality

if you are going for sharp cheddar Wisconsin is way better than Vermont

i just bought an extra mature blue stilton and holy shit i never knew uk had actual real food

For readily available in any grocery store in the US tier cheddar cheeses, for me, it's the black diamond 4 year aged cheddar.

Best cheese is gorgonzola hands down.
If not available, bleu or camembert are really great as well

>Inb4 muh moldy cheese
>Inb4 muh american cheese

Please keep your pleb tastes out of this thread

If you choose this over alpine cheddar you should probably just kill yourself

Cabot represent tho

Urgh, I'm so glad most of you can't afford to come here.

Cheddar is not good cheese. It's not bad either. But nowhere near the best.

sharp cheddar is pretty fucking good

>Best cheese is gorgonzola hands down.
>If not available, bleu or camembert are really great as well
>If not available, bleu
>gorgonzola
>bleu
>gorgonzola
>If not available

For fucks sake user.

You've only ever eaten shitty cheddar m8. At a guess you're American and only purchase cheese from a supermarket.

you can easily get good cheddar at american super markets

>good cheddar
>american
>super markets

Not saying they don't also have bad cheddar, but its not like they only have the bad stuff

Cheese thread or cheddar thread?

pic related for me.

God tier
/thread

Awesome cheddar here

What on earth does "sharp" mean in relation to cheddar? Given I've been there and never heard this word.

Sharpness applies to the acidic flavor of the cheese. The more sharp the more acidic the flavor

it means it was aged longer

If it isn't West Country Farmhouse Cheddar it's not worth your time.

thats wrong though, cheddar has long left behind and surpassed its origins

reminder that cheese should be judged on its quality, not by where it was made

Swiss here, Tête de moine is one of my favorite, also Appenzeller, Gruyère Extra, Tilsiter, etc...

>kraft slices and "cheddar flavoured" matter sure are good

thats clearly not what I was saying

Good god, that looks damn good of a cold winters afternoon. I'm in the US south, but as soon as it's cold enough, I'm making that. I'll look the recipe up, but do you have a favorite recipe?

Tête de moine is great but I can only find it in the German/EU specialty store near me for $30+/lb (USA)

>thats wrong though

No.

>cheese should be judged on its quality

Which is why you should be sure to purchase only West Country Farmhouse Cheddar.

Saying anything otherwise is like suggesting that sparkling white wine is better than Champagne: you're just deluding yourself.

Bleu and gorgonzola aren't the same thing ou mong

Canadian is better than both. And English is better than Canadian

>bleu

Are you French? But you're writing English? Did you mean "blue"? Is Gorgonzola not a blue cheese?

For FUCKS sake user.

Why do we get so angry about this again?

I AM french. Bleu isn't a type of cheese, it's a specific cheese from Auvergne. Not everybody's a flyover you know

This is Bleu Auvergnat...

And THIS is american blue """"cheese'""". Not the same god damn thing

That isn't "bleu" cheese, it's "Bleu Auvergnat"; in the same way that White Stilton isn't "White" cheese, it's "White Stilton"

Bleu Auvergnat & Gorgonzola (and Stilton...) are blue cheeses.

Also if you're French, the word in English you're looking for is "blue". Because you're writing English, not French.

That is also a blue cheese. It is specifically Danish Blue, or Danablu.

Because it's yet another example of Americans misusing words relating to food in order to sound "fancy"

Now i want someone to shape some kind of sharp/hard cheese into a shiv and murder someone so i can see the resulting headlines

God, I hate cheese threads. They always develop into shitflinging. UK shitting on USA, France and Italy shitting on UK, some Asian giving a dissertation on why cheese is awful. Gimme a break.

I like Cabot Vermont cheddar, shame it doesn't naturally melt well. I have to use sodium citrate to make it into a good cheese for fondue or macaroni. Doing it in a bechamel always makes it grainy even when I temp control it like an autist.

That being said, I adore grana padano, the poor man's parmigiano reggiano.

CHEDDAR IS QUITE SIMPLY ONE OF THE BEST VARIETY OF CHEESES ON THIS EARTH

Veeky Forums has way too many Asians, and just like in real life they flock to threads in huge groups. Just look at any thread involving rice, it will be full of rice monkeys going on about how rice is the greatest thing ever, and they could eat bowls of plain rice.

>We're not allowed to borrow words from French
What, we're supposed to go back to Old English?

What are you borrowing? "bleu" in French is "blue" in English. There is nothing that requires borrowing.