Heard about this book. I'm expecting it to be delivered tomorrow

Heard about this book. I'm expecting it to be delivered tomorrow.

What should I expect? What is Veeky Forums's consensus on The Way of Men?

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/16176.The_Red_Queen?from_search=true
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just read Marcus Aurelius and put that shit away

Self hating faggot who thinks jerking dudes with his biceps makes him da man.

Why read Marcus Aurelius when we have Epictetus?

It sounds like the hyper masculine equivalent of The Secret.

WHY CAN'T I BEAT MY WIFE! ARGH! The Book by Jack Donovan

I skimmed over the contents, it's gonna be shit, see:
You should have got a copy of "The Red Queen"

>wife
Fuck off whore

I might get that also.
I mainly just order books for cheap if they spark my interest, that's why I got The Way of Men. If it's shit, so be it.

babbling shit for self hating cucks

It's actually quite a thoughtful read, somewhat fresh. If masculinity seems to be something that may inspire you, it's worth the read.

Faggotry through and through.

Retrograde views on gender and notions of "duty" and "honor" that only exist in movies. It's self-help for young men who think they're above self-help.

>It's self-help for young men who think they're above self-help.
I would have said its philosophy for people too stupid to read philosophy but this is just as good.

Why Epictetus when you can have Seneca?

>"duty" and "honor" that only exist in movies

Or you know, those things that existed merely 70 years ago in the greatest conflict ever to hit mankind.

"the red queen" by who though?

It's a good book that creates discussion and will make you consider some things differently.

Bear in mind however that the author is literally sexually attracted to the concept of masculinity and be wary of this when considering some of the more emotional, less rational points of the book.

goodreads.com/book/show/16176.The_Red_Queen?from_search=true

th-this?

>retrograde
I want the freshman sociology majors to leave

Why Seneca when you can have Tacitus?

Found him

It's shit.

Why Seneca or Tacitus when you can have Cicero?

yep, it's a premium book

read it, and then burn it
conceal your clay feet, then turn to epictetus (discourses, not the fucking handbook you lazy mong)

If you bought this shit you need to throw yourself upon a sharp spear, just like the one the skeleton on the cover is holding.

You spent money on a book written by a try-hard faggot whose every day revolves around him trying to prove how manly and tough he is to other try-hard faggots in leather jackets.

The guy has tattoos of Futhark runes and pagan symbols, sports the bikers' apparel, and keeps rambling about how you have to prove to ''your tribe'' (top kek) how strong and aggressive you are.

You don't need an edgy man with the mind of a teenage metal-head to teach you how to be as manly as your hunter-gatherer ancestors.

Skip.

Hunter-gatherers were probably kinda skinny anyway. Homo sapiens is a persistent hunter.

The author is a faggot. This should destroy any credibility especially in the chapter where he talks about the problems with faggotry and masculinity. I read it twice because I thought I was missing something. It's faux self-help.