ITT we trigger the autists of Veeky Forums

of course the faggot buying NYRB has a stack of lame ass criterions and Filipino art films

what a cuck

>collecting
kys

Those books will never be read... as they shouldn't be. NYRB puts out shit works from the past that are shit cause they were shit.

NYRB really is becoming they tryhards publisher of choice isn't it? The criterion compliments it perfectly.

Autists successfully triggerred

lmao

good job fampai

Is there any reason for having your books in one large stack?

It's just the latest hipster bandwagon, the rest of us have moved on to europa editions already.

best thread on Veeky Forums in recent memory

my contribution

ok I am #hashtag #triggered

not triggered, I just feel very, very embarrassed for you

This. cringy materialism

hello poorfag

What's wrong with Criterion?

They were caught money laundering

Only thing I recognize is Eraserhead, and, while the rest might be shit (idk), I still have to say good taste just for that.

I thought it was Fraserhead

Norte wasn't bad

Source?

Doesn't really answer the question though. They put out great editions of movies.

What am I supposed to be triggered about?

Picnic at Hanging Rock was nowhere near erotic enough

it's overrated

there's nothing wrong with nyrb though

Tryhards are mad that they publish interesting lit

>not knowing how to rotate an image

This is my bookshelf. Behind the books in front, there's a second row on both shelves that's nothing but Warhammer 40,000 novels

Explain yourself infallibly or be ignored...

awww I hoped it was a cool bookshelf design...

Why are you here? Do you have a passing interest in literature or do you read wikipedia articles of books and shitpost about them?

Muy buena edición de La ciudad y los perros.

Las ediciones conmemoratitvas son muy buenas. Ojalá a Rayuela le hubiera tocado una de éstas.

I like books. I only read the wikipedia plot summary of a book if I've started it, don't like it, and want to see if it's worth finishing.

>332x440

Triggered pretty hard.

>bought LotGH just for the memes

who's the doll, Hitchcock or something?

yeah, little Alfred Hitchcock

>Veeky Forums hates NYRB now

wtf I hate Veeky Forums now!?

holy shit the meme magic is real. NYRB used ti get mentioned from time to time and now that everyone knows about them pseuds jumping on the hate wagon. Veeky Forums is a giant herd of sheep.

lmao Europa is garbage

>le secluded female writer of sentimental milf bait

no thanks. couldnt get through 20 pages of Ferrante.

>Veeky Forums hates NYRB now
its just one autist

>por color

desencadenado

>That.
>Aesthetic.

Pick one.

Bookshelves are supposed to be sorted by author/colour or some other aspie criteria. They look better when the books are stacked randomly - usually as you buy them. That just looks gaudy and pretentious.

Veeky Forums doesn't hate them.

just some pseud with more money than sense who buys them and nothing else in bulk seems to think if you mention another publisher as good then "you hate nyrb"

it's a bit like trying to like sonic with a certain someone around.

My contribution

you need to put the bookmark deeper into mein kampf and the trump book otherwise you just look normie.

Your wish is my command.
Although for what reason a normie would have mein kampf, I don't know.

>Mein Kampf
such edge

how is that translation of Genji?

>what reason
meh, sometimes they buy the public literacy campaigns they should do more than watch history channel and then pick something to confirm books are boring while pretending to buy something to confirm books are edgy

while you're doing requests, show us that tale of the genji laid out

It's a new buy, so I haven't gotten very far yet, but the guy at the bookstore was very friendly and showed a lot of translations of Genji, this one was the one he recommended the most highly. Again, I'm only about 1 chapter in, but so far it feels like a strong translation.

Like this?

It's the Dennis Washburn translation, and it cost a shit ton of money. I like it so far, but I'm totally open to any other translations you think are better.

it's so pretty. show us the inside, haven't read his

superior meme trilogy here

Do you exclusively get books from the garbage?

mostly thrift stores. but then i actually carry them around and read them, so they get beat to hell. unlike the crisp copy of ij you've never taken off the shelf since you brought it home to impress Veeky Forums. :)

Here's chapter 1, also the only chapter I've finished so far. I'm actually really liking it but there's just something about really long books that depresses me, like I'll never be able to finish it. Same reason I'm still only 150 pages into mein kampf even though I bought it over 4 months ago.

mein kampf isn't as fun as tale of the genji. genji you have a good chance of only feeling it slack off when you're at the might as well finish it point, and when you do finish it, you'll probably want more.
it seems a clear translation with english speakers in mind, which isn't always my thing, but it bodes well for you understanding who the fuck she's talking about by which name. probably worth your money.

apologies for the non-rotated images, posting from mobile.

I guess you're right. Non-fiction for me is a lot harder to finish. I remember tearing through Order of the Phoenix when I was 8, but struggling to complete non-fiction books a fraction of that length.

I wonder why that is?

I like ASOIAF and Harry Potter.
I hate Lord of the Rings.

Kevy h do the birthday

this is my shelf
I've read all those books
I just manage to read books without breaking the spines or fucking up the covers, because I'm an adult.

This picture triggers me. My grandma was a lecturer on English Lit. When she died, my mum got all her books and did THIS SHIT. I hate visiting my mum's house because I have to see this shit.

>I just manage to read books without breaking the spines or fucking up the covers
yeah but you're an autistic weeb who also reads warhammer so we already knew you wear special gloves and underwear for doing everything. normal people without those mental defects have books that experience natural wear and tear on reading, kind of like how they can cope with 3d gfs.

your greek myths books are in the wrong order

triggered

Man, that is so fucking stupid. Why would you stack books that high unless you're never going to read them? You'll never be able to pull them out like that.

fix it you lazy shit, your mom is old.

If insulting me makes you fell better about treating your books like a dog treats a tennis ball, so be it.

You still have not learned Japanese after the release of Sakura no Uta? The greatest piece of modern literature.