Can't understand/care, need help

After i saw this book in the amazing movie "Into the Void" and in various artists favorite books list, and Thom fucking Yorke said something good about it, i decided to read it. But i'm not even halfway in and it's very boring, buddahead that buddadick that, does it get better? do i need tips to "get it", why so many great people love it, alice in wonderland seems better

It's annoying how you refer to him as Thom fucking Yorke.

>Thom fucking Yorke
What a weird hero to worship. You do your eyes like he does too?

>being influenced by artists rather than intellectuals

S H I G G Y

i don't want to become a square you know.

Here, smoke this

>the amazing movie "Into the Void"
It was shit dude.

Its only interesting as an anthropological look into a primitive and backward people.

why was Hitler so successful then?

It's a book that records visions acquired as a result of shamanic rituals. Take a heroic dose of mushrooms or ayahuasca in the right set and setting and you'll have an easier time "getting it".

his name is Thomas fucking Yorkshire of The Radioheads fucking pleb

its fucking called ENTER the void you dumb fuck.

just read the fucking book and fucking research historical context and eastern mythology. reference joseph campbell. you piece of shit

and the movie is called ENTER the Void fuck

Thom Yorke and other famous people said those things about "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying" written by Sogyal Rinpoche, a contemporary buddhist lama. The book from Enter The Void and the one you're talking about is one completely different, you won't understand shit from it unless you're really into buddhist philosophy/practice.

This
Also, ENTER the Void is a pretty average movie, user.

It's not a story book.

>result of shamanic rituals

b-but death isn't a ritual, user.
Shamans have only a minor part and are intended to protect the spirit of the wandering soul, but the biggest part is accomplished by the dead himself.

I've had it on my eternal to buy list due to pic related.

If you want ancient Tibetan literature that's actually comprehensible, look around for pic related. Their book of the dead isn't worth your time (the Egyptian one is better).

Is this post the literary equivalent of Skrillex fans posting "where's the drop????" On aphex twin YouTube videos?

Enter the void was the most cutting edge example of the medium of the film since films inception, and the envelope that it pushed will never be pushed further.

Kthxbai

>I dont understand a book that eastern mystics have studied for their whole life in a cursory reading

Holy crap, this. Also OP it's not a story book but a book that was used to read up for dying people. You can compare it's contents to near death experiences but it won't make much sense without the context of (mahayana) buddhism. I kind of regret visiting this board again.

Most likely.

No, OP just didn't put too much effort into the post it seems

If you liked Enter The Void then presumably you're a "substance enthusiast", in which case I'd recommend Tim Leary's interpretation of the Book of the Dead, "The Psychedelic Experience". Finish reading the Book of the Dead first.