So Veeky Forums, what are you baking this holiday season?

So Veeky Forums, what are you baking this holiday season?

Starting a traditional English Christmas pudding this Sunday. First time (American).

Question to anyone with experience: will it be alright to have it sit in an airtight container until Christmas day? All the examples I see show it being left to rest in open-air, but I've been having a bit of an ant problem lately and would hate if they got to it.

Gingerbread
Shortbread
Peanut Brittle
Cookie Dough Truffles
Butter Tarts

my mom already made Christmas cake and Nanaimo bars, I told her to save the rest for me when I get back from college in a week

My head

don't kill yourself user.
I love you

if you loved me you would follow me to hell

no, love you enough to take you to heaven.

With my delicious Christmas biscotti

creme caramel

Shortbread, Christmas Rice Krispie squares, white chocolate chip banana bread, pillsbury cookies, butter tarts, peach cobbler. Then on December 2nd...

I'd like to see how it goes. I'm amerifat too, but I've never had the guts to try it, although I've wanted to from reading Dickens and such.

If you have a chance and time post some pics of the process and the recipe. At the very least, the britbongs might end up agape!

are you going to brine or marinade it first?

I stared at 'agape' for a solid minute, wondering what that sentence meant, because I read it as agàpe.
I fucking hate English.

Sorry. I just meant with mouth open in astonishment. English is a bitch of a language.

not to hijack this thread, but it seems relevant: how do i into mulled wine/glog/gluwein?

I'm making a batch of squares in an hour or so, but overall for the holiday I'm planning on making some Christmas appropriate cookies (gingerbread, sugar, little shortbread ones with the tiny blob of pink icing), more squares, war cake, and probably two pans of fudge (one normal, one something like peppermint fudge). I'd make things that weren't so simple, but I don't really have a lot of time or money this year.
Also it was my grandma who taught me how to bake if anyone was wondering why I'm only making old lady recipies.

>Butter tart
Mah nigga, the most under-appreciated baked good there is. Also, you mentioned butter tarts and Nanaimo bars in the same post, Canadian confirmed.

Wish I had the patience to make fancy ass sugar cookies like that.

gingersnaps
lebkuchen
pfeffernusse
gingerbread cake
buche de noel probably
black forest cake with cranberries instead of cherries
maybe a couple of other things

What's a butter tart?
It sounds interesting.

I've already made Lemon Bars, and Pecan Pie Bars.
I will be making Biscotti (two kinds), Gingersnaps, and this italian fried dough that I don't know the name of. My Nana taught me how to make them. Pic sorta related, its just Fried Dough with sugar on top.

shit forgot pic

it's a google.com

but then i wouldn't get to talk with my good (and only) friends here on Veeky Forums.

Cardamom cookies probably, and maybe a cake of some sort. Also toffee and absinthe gummies.

Fensters, natch.