I have issues surround my mother and her cooking

Can we get a therapeutic 'Mommy' thread going?
>"Eat you cauliflower"

My mom can't cook worth a shit, and neither could her mom. I can cook better than anyone I live with and Im a twenty-six y/o NEET piece of shit and everyone else is so ashamed they dont even try to cook anymore.

I cook a meal at least once per day, my mother has done less than ten this year and I have to pour FRANK's on everything she makes because its regular white person shit garbage. Unseasoned turkey for thanksgiving and if I didnt do half the dinner id have killed myself.

you?

Marco Pierre White's entire life

I feel like I've made a friend. I'm not NEET anymore though. A year ago I got a part time job that turned into full time and it comes with health insurance through the company plan. I hate it but at least I have somewhere to go during the day and a little disposable income. With that job and the health insurance a lot of the shame has lifted, but still. Anyway, I put that disposable income toward food and cooking for my parents. I cook at least three nights during the week. We don't plan it this way, but I'm strongly considering asking if they'd like me to shop and cook every night during the week and make this our official routine.

Might as well, I had that fucking title in my posts all day site-wide fuck me

Anyways, I do all the shopping too. It is not fun because I like seafood and nobody else does. My family does that dumb shit where they think all fish are the same

>EW YUCK TUNA IN A CAN!!!!
>EW YUCK PERFECTLY CRISPED SALMON!
>EW YUCK THERE ARE ANCHOVIES IN THIS SAUVE?
>EW YUCK CAAAAAATFISH THAT EATS DIRT!
>EWWWWWWWWWW MUSSELS???

>eats a mcpaddy from shitdolands

I"m still with you. Even though we live like 100 miles from the Gulf Coast THE MOST ABUNDANT SEAFOOD WATERS ON THE PLANET (probably) we still don't get into seafood as much as we should.

I'm not at all a snob about food. I like simple things done well. Five ingredients with 10 minutes of preparation is a plan I regularly execute. After working all day, I don't want to labor over dinner any more than anyone else. My parents are getting older. I'm starting to take care of them more and more and I'd like to see them care a little more about their diets. It's not just a quality of life issue in terms of pleasure but of health as well.

I can relate (except I'm not a NEET piece of shit). Both of my parents were fucking terrible in the kitchen.For example, they would always use ground turkey in place of ground beef and anything cooked in the crock pot would have a can or two of cream of mushroom soup thrown in. Luckily my wife taught me how to cook.

oh god oh god oh god
>sloppy joes
>cream tuna on toast
>overcooked dry chicken
>burnt texas toast like seriously the smoke alarm would go off every time she made it
>spaghetti
>more spaghetti
>spaghetti AGAIN
>how about some roast OH NO LOOK OUT ITS SPAGHETTI AGAIN!

in her defense we were poor

then she went on some vegan kick and we went from spaghetti to bulgar wheat

If my mum called me a cauliflower I'd probably smack her tbhfam.

Holy shit.
>cream of mushroom soup
My mom would throw cans of that over a beef roast, same as your mom. It looked like it was covered in cum, didn't it?

Mum is an amazing cook, and has only gotten better over the years.

Unfortunately she was a "clear your plate or there's no dessert" type. That, coupled with large portions, led me to a life of fat fuckery.

Thankfully I'm out of that now, and I still love her cooking more than anything, but holy shit, I really had to retrain my brain in the way that it looks at portions.

My mother can't cook for shit (which is strange since her mother is a fantastic cook). Even back when she was a stay at home mom everything was instant or from a package or something. Her idea of really spicing things up in the kitchen is to add giant pieces of garlic to everything.

>Can we get a therapeutic 'Mommy' thread going?

Sure but I think Veeky Forums is the wrong board for that kind of discussion

What if she called you Mon petit chou-fleur?

>Mom taught me how to cook.
>She does a good job in the kitchen, but sometimes can fuck up in spectacular ways.
>One day she burned rice in the microwave.
>Dad can also cook, learned some skills from him in the ways of BBQ, and smoking meats.
>He tends to over salt.
>tfw thanks to them I can cook a meal, bake a pie, and grill you a steak to any level of doneness that isn't well done, because I don't fucking burn food.
>Also can crochet.

Both mom and dad's cooking is LIT thanks parents

anyone know her forearm routine?

spinach

spinach 12x4

My mom can do the very basics, but tends to use too high heat and be in too much of a hurry. Dad used to work making TV dinners, so he can carve a chicken pretty good.

I learned most of my cooking skills from watching shit like Good Eats. I try to teach my mom stuff from time to time, since it's literally impossible to convince my dad to do anything different from how he likes to do it.

definitely masterbating to this later
that wink is erotic

>tfw she will never ride your face

She's actually not bad looking for a ham planet. If she lost about 50% of her mass she'd be a real hottie.
Now this is a true work of art.

My mom's a decent chef, but she has no idea how to cook beef and her chicken has a tendency to come out super, super dry.

Absolute fucking wizard when it comes to stews and vegetable/potato based dishes though