Anglicization

What do you think of the anglicization of the culture ?
I'm Italian and I'm noticing more and more the anglicization of my language: English terms are preferred to those in Italian and if one tries to defend its own culture is accused of narrow-mindedness.
I'm not against to the Americans, Brits, ecc. Trust me. I just don't understand this massive anglicization.
I have always believed that there are not slavery without slaves, and Italians are a people who submits to everything and everyone and I recognize that English is a very important and widely used language ... but I wonder just a little bit of love for their culture, that's all .

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Fascism
svd.se/hogskola-sviker-sitt-ansvar-for-svenska-spraket
faculty.washington.edu/mlg/courses/definitions/hegemony.html
youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I think that it is, regarding the evolution of language, as natural as it is artificial. However, you can make the difference by not using anglicisms in your daily speech.

MAMA MIA WHERE'SA MI ITALIANO!

Out of curiosity can you give examples?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_Fascism

english is the pride of the middle class.

the middle class is not meant to be creative and will take passively any word by whoever entertain them. today entertainment is done by americans.

>I'm Italian and I'm noticing more and more the anglicization of my language
I don't know about Italy but where I'm from only plebs do that. And the less English they know, the more they use it. People who actually understand the language and are used to reading/watching movies in English don't think it's cool at all.

yeah and most people are pleb

kys

Italians use English words retardedly.
t. Italian but not OP.
Viz.: "Campus" is used to mean "Summer Camp"; "Il Gender" to mean the subtle indoctrination of 'normal' people to be 'degenerate', i.e telling kids being gay is ok, etc.; "Smoking" to mean tuxedo; and others.

>"Smoking" to mean tuxedo

Lmao how the fuck did this happen

Isn't campus from Latin tho?

I assume because of a confusion between "smoking jacket" -- which I guess in Italian would be "vestaglia" --and "tuxedo".

It's an English word, think of 'college campus' but yeah its' derived from Latin's 'campus' meaning field

No. My guess is that the etymology of the -- wrong -- Italian usage of "campus" is as follows: Many Italian teenagers are sent to English universities in the summer to learn english. Their actvities occur on the universities' campuses, therefore they associate the word "campus" with the English "summer camp" and bring the word back home.

It troubles me a lot. However, at least in my country (Sweden) it is publicly discussed a lot in the sense of it being a bad thing. I'd say there's a strong public opinion about it needing to be actively "fought".

In Sweden there was an outrage when on of the smaller colleges here switched their name to "Högskolan i Jönköping" (english: The College in Jönköping) to "Jönköping University" in an attempt to have a more international approach.
svd.se/hogskola-sviker-sitt-ansvar-for-svenska-spraket
Google translated:
>"College betraying his responsibility for the Swedish language"
>When important institutions in society are given names in English instead of Swedish it indicates that English is more important, and perhaps even better, than Swedish. Therefore we press charges to The Parliamentary Ombundsman against that Högskolan i Jönköping changed its name to Jönköping University.
As you can tell, it's a big deal here.

>"Smoking" to mean tuxedo; and others.
You got that off the French.

baguette here we too have this.
"Il portait un smoking élégant bien que ses genoux soient suspicieusement rapés".
>to wear a smoking
as said it must come from smoking jacket. In all honesty most people don't use this word anymore, though we have lots of anglicisation going on. One important thing is anglicisation through advertising and movies. In ads, for example a poster at a bus stop, every english word has an asterix with translation for the retards who don't know that "new hot hamburger" means "nouveau hamburger chaud". Its useless but must be a legal thing.

On the other side you have Quebec/ Canada (which I enjoy not knowing which is which because it drives some of them mad) where every movie title that comes out is translated into french whatever the cost, because they're literally standing next to the big fat imperialist culture exporting american fucks so they must protect their use of the french language.

As a Brit I'm not fond of it but it seems inescapable. Fucking encroaching monoculture stifles creativity and individual identity.

this.
Also, I don't mean to go all /pol/ on y'all, but Gramsci wrote about cultural hegemony in a quite interesting way: faculty.washington.edu/mlg/courses/definitions/hegemony.html

only africans speak french now

>Italian mad about "Anglicization"

You realize english is mostly Latin right? This is payback for cucking a beautiful anglo-saxon language into becoming some germanic/latinate spawn of satan.

and the french

lol epic simply epic

*áhefee hæt*

>and Italians are a people who submits to everything and everyone
yeah speak for yourself.

underrated post

that doesn't contradict him

>Anglicization of Italian
Lexical change is the least substantial change a language can undergo. It's totally superficial.

>Out of curiosity can you give examples?

The new labor reform, promoted by the present Prime Minister, it is called "Jobs Act"

This is the english of the our prime minister.

youtube.com/watch?v=B0KJZEH2jn8

bomp

Swedish has been completely cucked by English. Young people literally use about 30% English words rather than the Swedish equivalents when talking now. It's annoying because I'm a native English speaker and have put a lot of effort into speaking the language without throwing in English words.

Another frog here. I would also like to point out that we translate Amerrican/British movie titles from English to broken English. It's a very interesting thing to witness.

"The Hangover" is called "Very Bad Trip" over here. "The Other Guys" has been changed to "Very Bad Cops". Forget about "The Purge", it's "American Nightmare"; don't ever mention "Nightcrawler", the real title is "Night Call".

France is the worst offender here. I have never seen people eat as much mcD's as the French do.