GF was something of a roastie before we met. Didn't give much of a shit then...

GF was something of a roastie before we met. Didn't give much of a shit then, but this fucking book (contrary to intention) awakened all sorts of dark thoughts and now I can't get that shit out of my head. Like Bloom, thoughts range from the erotic to the repugnant, but however they are, I don't want them there.

What'd I read to either bring my back to ambivalence/acceptance? Or maybe you recommend getting to another state? You'll have a hard time getting me to straight misogyny (it's actually fear of being a misgynist which in part colors such thoughts repulsive), but I guess it's not impossible.

inb4 Schopenhauer. Read it. Worthless, doesn't say what you illiterate idiots think at all and Aristophanes better stated it a million years ago.

Other urls found in this thread:

vimeo.com/37977772
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It had a happy ending though

>asking Veeky Forums for literary advice to help you cope with being the handler of second-hand used goods

Aware. Hence
>> (contrary to intention)
Not sure what it was about it. Probably out my mind to thinking seriously about what it means to give yourself to someone, broke me out of that ambivalent complacency toward partnership. Or maybe something else. But either way, watching my own thoughts now is like watching Othello and I'm maddened by it.

I'd say attack your dark thoughts from a tangent by reading some Virginia Woolf.
Don't convince yourself that you're wrong with rhetoric or the philosophy of the opposed feelings, but expose yourself to fully developed female characters that are conducive to empathy and emotional investment; show, don't tell. Her psychological explorations could be enough

>Not sure what it was about it.

Mythology is all around us.
Mythology was probably inspired by incredibly mundane stimuli inflaming the minds of the creative. Similarly, bizarre mental tangents and delusions may be similarly generated by ordinary everyday minutia.
You have the strength to be kind, to be bigoted, to be in control, to be brave, to be cowardly, to be loyal, to be disloyal, this way and that, your character is not set in stone via archetypes. There's nuance and fluidity.
We aren't connected on a personal level as we could be, but we might if we reach out.

Sort of a literary version of this:
vimeo.com/37977772

If you're stupid enough to arbitrarily dislike women, you're beyond help

I thought about her, actually, but I've never read any. Orlando? Mrs. D?

what the fuck does roastie mean?
you can't import memes from other boards, chum

That's the fear...

I daily see worthless posts about how Chad doesn't read. You all know as well as I do what it means (which is, in fact, only vaguely)

Just dump her and fuck 17 year old boys.

i really don't in this context
i know it refers to girls and i assume it has to do with the meme that getting fucked a lot gives one larger labia, thus looking like roast beef
are you saying that your current girlfriend is (was) a whore?
i try to stay out of shitty threads, i use the catalogue

>Chad
>roastie

Please kill yourself, OP

Mrs.D, Lighthouse, Waves

Fair enough. Yes, she's had many partners and in a variety of contexts (from relationships to one-night stands, drunken and otherwise, to escapist trysts in the mysterious Orient). Admittedly didn't know the word until not too long ago, but figured, when in Rome. Also, I tend usually to associate those sorts of words with the type of trash who might feel anxious, narcissistic jealousy such as I'm feeling now, hence used the word in association. Guess it's a humanizing moment and speaks to the power of Ulysses. Finally, saying "has a sordid past" seems a little melodramatic for a website about Asian picture books.

Thanks for the advice. Suggested methods? Any suggested literature on how to pull it off!

>8330145
Thanks for genuine response. Surprised at the number in this thread. Recommended in that order, I imagine? Otherwise just a list of the most famous Woolf novels...

Also, is that actually the origin? I thought it was a shitty spit-roast metaphor... I thought it Insulting enough already, but Christ...

To reflect that each one who enters imagines himself to be the first to enter. Whereas he is always the last term of a preceding series. Even if the first term of succeeding ones each imagining himself to be first, last, only and alone. Whereas he is neither first, nor last, nor only, nor alone in a series originating in and repeated to infinity

you could've just said she fucked around without using memes you're not even sure about. don't make yourself look like you come from /r9k/ for no reason (i assume you come from reddit, which is bad but at least normal/boring). memes are not site-wide

i just looked it up and my assumption was correct

Neither Reddit nor r9k, but I've already explained why I used the word. I'm increasingly convinced the only way to deal with those people is honestly, even if they're just being ironic. Saying "kill yourself" or otherwise being dismissive certainly isn't helping or convincing anyone. Maybe it's feeding the trolls and maybe it's just stupid DFW shit, but it seems right to me.

I did lose it on the Nicholas Nickleby poster the other day though, so, first stone...

dump her and convert to Islam OP

i'm saying that this is not the rome of "roastie"
that you even have a girlfriend makes it impossible for your state of mind to be that rome either
i don't understand the rest of your post

You can't go back frendo.

If you and her have big difference in the number of former sexual partners, she will cheat on you sooner or later.

Honestly, just accept that you'll get cucked and enjoy the ride.

That book made me appreciate my gf's asshole a bit more. It's pretty erotic tonguing her shithole after a long day of work, OP. Try it.

It's the kind of slang made by 12 year olds boys in the remedial class for the remedial class (borderline special needs), that unsurprisingly /r9k/ posters have taken to heart.

If I already hate women, is the Ulysses a good read? I've been ignoring it because it's recommended so heavily on this board (I already fell for the Aristotle and Schopenhauer memes)

>roastie
>chad
>cuck
What's with all the /r9k/ lingo? How can people take those memes seriously as anything other than what they are: memes.

What the fuck, it is one of the definitive classics of the 20th century, of course it is worth reading. What does this question have to do with Aristotle and Schopenhauer at all? They wrote philosophical non-fiction, Joyce wrote fiction. (And if you did not get anything from reading those, you likely don't belong here anyway.)

I'm just saying this board has garbage taste, so I try to steer clear of popular opinion here.

>garbage taste
Liking Aristoteles, Schopenhauer and Joyce is not a matter of this board's popular opinion. They are part of the literary canon of the western world. Are you really not aware of that?

That moment when someone finds purity in the fart loving, dirty panty fucking, one eyed, ass eating James Joyce.

Just fuck your roastie till she loves to eat ass OP, then marry her and be happy.

>lowercase "I"
haha cuckboy

but they're tropes.

Only responsive post, yet.

I'll own to poor word-choice. Playing defensive from the gate, but there's a second level response in there that substance ought to be more important than style.

cont. because board thinks I'm spamming (shit, maybe it's right)

the two bear some relation (see Burgess's rewrite of Buck Mulligan's entrance for evidence that they're not only related, but sometimes identical), but a message board, particularly an anonymous one wherein posters aren't trying to cultivate a persona, ought to focus more on content and in as much, responses should be honest, regardless of perceived irony, insincerity, lowliness, shabbiness, etc. of the speaker. Telling folks "back to where you came from" or urging suicide is presumptuous and unconvincing

For a good reason

Actually, whole thread's been a real lesson. I didn't know much about r9k or the origins of the ubiquitous and obnoxious "chad doesn't read" posts. On the one hand I'm glad to see disdain for that bullshit; on the other, I'm disconcerted that the whole thread got so hung-up on the word "roastie" that they failed to recommend any books... I'm just a pleb who misuses meme lingo from the wrong board, but it seems like a pretty apt metaphor for the whole of Veeky Forums to me.

Returning to topic: Curious what it is about V. Woolf that makes you recommend her. I think it was the psychological depth of Middlemarch that I found so terrifying (aware, happy ending. But who couldn't see their own pettiness in Casaubon?) Kind of gets at : who wants to eat farts of someone they can't even possibly comprehend?

if you're using her for anything more than a cocksleeve that you'll toss away later then you're not doing the right thing friend

whores don't lose their streak of depravity when they reach a certain threshold in life, they hide it
dump a hoe

If you're conflicted about whether or not to dump your girl, that's a sign you should dump her.

Ulysses is actually a real water shed book for me.

Made me realize the danger thing.

Dumped the girl I was with, moved out of the country and found another younger, more pure girl.

No such thoughts have ever bothered me again.

Feels good man

not really sure what's happening in here but it made me feel real weird

Kill yourselves please

Not a bad post - seems to get at the actual question. But doesn't Flannery O'Connor make (and at the same time totally demolish) this same point?

>I'm disconcerted that the whole thread got so hung-up on the word "roastie" that they failed to recommend any books
There's a sticky and a wiki. You came in here with a ton of baggage and p much insulted everyone including who you're in a relationship with.

That said Schopenhauer's On Women doesn't say what most people here seem to think it does but you have to accept that in general, it's not a problem of a single literature board.

There's a wiki-page for "Ulysses, ironically, is forcing before my mind's eye the kinds of thoughts that make words like 'roastie' and the people who use them not seem alien -- and the whole thing fucking terrifies me. Help!"

Shit. I guess I'll have to revisit it.

*yourself's

roastie detected

opinion discarded

back to >>>rrribitrrreddit

>girls
>on the internet
This is why you fail.

what danger

Hey OP, my gf was a huge slut as well. I think she was going through a depression at the time. Possibly bipolar. I like crazy sluts though, I'm a glutton for punishment and my sort of depravity is the only kind that truly satisfies my Veeky Forumserary lifestyle. Plus, her vag is tighter than a Dickensian plotline. Good times.

>Ulysses

I don't know, try reading a worthwhile book?

Guys I've been too embarrassed to ask but I've been in the dark for too long. What exactly is a roastie?

It's a chick that fucked a lot of guys. /r9k/ is scared of that for some reason, or angry because they weren't those guys.

Prometheus Rising by Robert Anton Wilson. Yes 20-40% of it is hippy bullshit depending on your perspective, but the bulk of it will really help you tame your brain by understanding it. That is a classic second-circuit trap youve fallen into OP, get your mind out of its social mammal/toddler phase and become a better human.

Oh right. I'm scared of them too. I'm afraid they might make fun of my silly willy.

I've read Illuminatus! and while my mind wouldn't go to R.A.W. for this issue, the idea that he might hold some answers isn't inconceivable (especially framed as "you got a lizard brain, fool. Get over that and pick up on what Joyce is laying down!"). But it'd be hard to put me over the instantaneous revulsion to hippyism.

The fuck is with all this autism.

/r9k/ spillage