I believe Ayn Rands philosophy is disregard by many. They spew the same thing to discredit objectivism...

I believe Ayn Rands philosophy is disregard by many. They spew the same thing to discredit objectivism, the majority have never read her work or understand what she entails. I myself feel victim to this when I first heard of Ayn Rand, I hated her for no apparent reason only because other people did. Philosophy aside.the story itself is engaging

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hlJD0i_WwdQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It's convenient to say that most people that hate her don't understand her. It distracts from the fact that many people do understand her, and hate her more because of it.

It's convenient to say that many people do understand her, and hate her more because of it. It distracts from the fact that most people who hate her don't understand her.

>It's convenient to say that many people don't understand that others do understand her, and hate her more because of it. It distracts from the fact that most people who hate her don't understand her.

I like this book so far, I'm on chapter 12. Rorke seems like an admirable guy.

But I blame architects who think like him as the reason why all the new buildings on my campus are weird and ugly as shit. I'm sorry, but I just hate that post-modernist stuff. I get what Rorke is trying to say, about unnecessary columns etc. , but beauty is subjective and my tastes don't favor the stuff he'd like to build.

roark is a modernist, not a post-modernist. rand was literally inspired by Falling Water.

She was a shittier version of Stirner who talked like she had never read a word of philosophy in her entire life. Her fans consist of underaged b& libertarians and conservatives (none of whom have the attention span to actually take the time out of their day to actually read her books) who feel as if they have been ordained with some special knowledge that no one else has, which of course leads them to assume that everyone who dislikes her hasn't read her books or doesn't understand her philosophy. The truth is that very few people dislike her because very few people know who the fuck she was; her philosophy amounts to shitty self-interested "ethics" that are of use to no one in particular but which allow her to prescribe societies with her own meme necessities and to rot the brains of memelords like you. Oh, and let's not forget """objectivity""", the biggest meme of all.

>Falling Water
I'm not familiar with this.

It's that house in Pennsylvania that was built around a water fall

I can understand Rorke's frustrations, but is blowing up a building owned by someone else where lots of people work at just because they didn't go with his original design really the best thing to do?

how else would he have given that powerful speech in the courtroom, and how else would she have developed the character of wynand

thx to ayn rand I lost my virginity because I told the girl exactly what she wanted too hear
Yes I love 21 pilots :)))))))
we're all gonna make it lads

Yeah I wipe shit off public bathroom walls (nights) but through my dedication I'll make it to head wiper within six months and then you'll see.

I meant from a moral perspective. Blowing up other people's shit and ruining several people's livelihoods just because you're butthurt is wrong.

But they infringed upon my freedom, what was I supposed to do?!

How did they infringe upon your "freedom"? Just because they didn't use the design you wanted and used the one they wanted?
If you're that butthurt sue him or something.

Anyone have any links to essays that argue Rand's philosophy, or at least have some basic arguments that take a look at her ideas through an objective lens?

Why don't you libertarians, anarcho-whatevers, and political memers stop trying to sell Rand to the world already? It's just embarrassing.

Yeah, my libertarian friend hates Rand because she gives libertarians a bad name with many of her terrible ideas and questionable claims.

Books:
Introduction to Objectivist Epistemology
The Virtue of Selfishness
youtube.com/watch?v=hlJD0i_WwdQ

That should not be necessary! I am now being opressed and have to use my time and money to sort out their wrong doings. This arbitrary liberty they took on my part has now had widespread consequences that would not have been there.

Never read anything about her. Can somebody tells me what is her philosophy about?

i'm no expert and not an advocate but my impression is:

reality exists as it is, follow reason not faith. the individual's rational mind is absolute. pursue your own happiness as your highest moral aim. laissez-faire capitalism as a system of individual rights,

tl;dr supremacy of reason