Would it be possible to put a device around something through which current passes such that the current is cancelled?

Would it be possible to put a device around something through which current passes such that the current is cancelled?

Having a device to completely numb and disable limbs is my new fetish.

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/392217/selectively-de-activate-parts-of-your-brain-with-transcranial-magnetic-stimulation
cognitiveliberty.org/neuro/TMS_NYT.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

post more sakamoto

I am but a simple meme farmer, this is all I can afford.

A coil with current going in the opposite direction

Pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

that's not how neurons work user

Well fuck all my holes and call me your bitch, my knowledge of neurons is dang-wrong!
So how could one disable neurons purely by electrical means, or at least manipulate them for tingly feelings?

This thread is the pinnacle of Veeky Forums board- finding ways to manipulate bioelectricity to fap better.

Wait until medicine advances enough to easily repair spine
Sever it

1. Find a place where no one will discover a semen-glazed corpse with a severed spine.
2. Order a hooker.

Remaining steps have been left as an exercise for the reader.

>Would it be possible to put a device around something through which current passes such that the current is cancelled?

Yes, it's called a transformer or choke.

Take a wire, twist it around enough turns and the current will be soaked up by the transformer-- if the saturation value per the cross sectional area is sufficient... if it's not, the transformer might blow up-- result will be zero voltage as difference from the neutral bar and the hot bar of the AC circuit.

As you recall, zero volts necessitates zero current.

Can I point out that this all seems like a really good way to kill your fucking arm through fucking up really fragile neurons?

>purely by electrical means
through overstimulation via electric shock

neurons don't work by establishing a voltage potential from one end of the nerve to the other akin to a power cable. they establish a voltage potential between two membranes and then propagate a change in the local membrane potential. in areas in front of and behind the wave-front the membrane potential is the same. chokes or transformers as suggested by won't work to interfere with that signal propagation because nerves are not analogous to a circuit

Take your pedophile cartoons back to .

Fucking degenerates.

But there's already the technology to shut down neurons for a short amount of time. Even in the brain it's relatively harmless and researchers use this technique. Look into TMS therapy, it's similar.

io9.gizmodo.com/392217/selectively-de-activate-parts-of-your-brain-with-transcranial-magnetic-stimulation

Actually, don't read that trash article, it was just the first google result I got. But the technology is real.

>transcranial magnetic stimulation
>stimulation
>stimulation
it's right there in the name, user. it doesn't shut down neurons at all. it turns them on, which is the opposite of what OP wants.

>Would it be possible to put a device around something through which current passes such that the current is cancelled?

Yes.

But doing it dynamically would be incredibly difficult.

Ok, thanks for replying with no knowledge of the subject except for one word of the name. I even posted a link for you. Here's another.
Also fuck you.

cognitiveliberty.org/neuro/TMS_NYT.html
"by stimulating or slowing down specific regions of the brain, it allowed doctors to monitor the effects of surgery in real time."

>or slowing down
>this technique is used in actual research all the time.

The question is, can a version be done that attaches to other parts of your body (e.g. shoulders, waist) and just makes everything below seem to cease to be?

This guy easily enters my top 3 list of saddest posters ever. He does this every day, in every suitable thread, since months.

absolute worst gayest show of all time

its literal boner fuel for tween boys

desu I don't know where it's from

Like a device that emits a field which restricts the path of the current. Or some propertyless object that magically stops the current.

It'd be no fun with no feedback, not to mention the applications as an actual kink.

Cool in theory
Terrible in practice

Evil fucks would try to weaponize it lickedy split. Imagine control collars man, not cool.

What's the fun in doing it to someone else against their will?
The whole idea is that it's like a strange sort of bondage that feels enjoyably weird; you might as well just do regular, non-murder bondage if the other person's enjoyment is not a concern.

Control collars would be even harder to work than a walking robot.
Sure, we can make a robot with all the major acutators of a human, but getting it to walk is tough.
Getting a human to walk in the same way is even harder because muscles will give you very strange feedback based on which you're supposed to balance something which tense up and fall or relax and fall unless you give it exactly the right level of input for each muscle.

I could see it being more plausible if it specifically interacted with the synaptic responses of the nervous system, or the receivers themselves. Maybe something akin to a friggin surgical taser or something. Maybe there's some potential for quantum laser fuckery too.

Hell, now you have me thinking about the possibility of creating objects out of light. Imagine quantum laser printers, dude. The possibilities.

I think there was a paper on creating objects out of light.
The computer I have it on is in storage though.

This thread shall be as the action potential, and we shall see Quantum Laser Printers. I guarantee it. They say if you want something done, you have to do it yourself.