This is the best dried fruit. They taste like caramel

This is the best dried fruit. They taste like caramel

>chopped up and put in oats
>dropping one or two in a soup/stew for sweetness
>cut in half and stuffed with chopped nuts

Give me some more uses for these tasty motherfuckers

Good with cheese

Go to your local middle eastern store and buy them 'fresh' in a vacuum-sealed bag.

You will love them even more.

i used to love these until a friend pointed out their similarity to [spoiler]dried roaches[/spoiler] and now i have a hard time eating them

You thought.

how's being 13?

You realise how much sugar is in these things? Dehydrating them takes the water out, increasing the concentration of everything else. So eat date you eat has as much sugar as about 3 fresh plums.

>muh sugar is bad brb gotta go get a baconator lol

im pretty new here on this board. but are there really unironic paleo memers here?

Lmao, I can tell you're American, yet you're trying to accuse me of an unhealthy diet.

What the fuck has paleo got to do with this thread?

Oh it's not only paleo memers, we got all of them. We got unironic burger memers, unironic rare steak memers, unironic I-come-from-fit memers, unironic vegan memers, unironic our-food-is better-than-your-food memers, unironic Italian memers and unironic totally unfunny boring-ass shitposter memers. Have fun.

You should eat dates, carrots and hazelnuts all at the same time, it's the best possible combination.

Ingest 1-2 dates with 1-2 hazelnuts and take 1-2 similarly sized bites from a carrot.

This is a fantastic base for a raw vegan dessert.

Handful of dried chopped dates, handful of pecan pieces, and a tub of lemon yogurt.

Fucking hate dates

Agreed. Figs and apricots are breddy gud too.

This is the best way to get a bunch of them for a good price. But they're kind of annoying because they get squished together into a solid block of dates. Trying to get a few dates for your granola is like trying to dig dinosaur bones out of solid bedrock.

dates make god tier sticky toffee pudding

I like prunes cause they make me poop

user with an egyptian dsd here, i grew up with dates and they are god tier

Chop finely and mix a few spoonfuls with hot milk was a particular childhood favourite of mine

I have a very physically intensive job and literally nothing in the world is better for energy than dates, and i have tried nearly everything

Trips of truth. Dates are fucking delicious.

I just hate when you cut on open to remove the seed and find those fucking mites or whatever.

>Agreed. Figs and apricots are breddy gud too.
Dried apricot is good, but dried figs are shit. Nothing compares to a fresh completely ripe off the tree and still warm from the sun sweaty, wrinkly scrotum looking fig. Dried ones just taste of disappointment, by comparison.

Try slicing them and adding them to a peanut butter sandwhich. Then eat with an apple on the side. Now I know what I'm having for lunch tomorrow

Go ask mommy now how many good boy points you have to make sure you can afford the apple...

>remove the seed and find those fucking mites or whatever.

Never eaten a date but what the hell user, explain. Is this a thing??

Sometimes dates are no good, but you don't know until you look inside. That's why I always cut my dates in half and look at them before eating, even if they're already pitted.

Start buying better quality dates

Did you fail chemistry in high school?

Trips of truth.

Tasty, nourishing, healthy.

>healthy

not really

Just throw some in the blender with milk and enjoy.

Also they go really well with fig jam.

Dates are definitely healthy

but they don't look anything like turks

I always just bite into them and have never had a problem, but thank you dude.

Banana chips and dried apricot are best

There's this raw vegan meme candy you do by blending dates into a paste with walnuts and cocoa powder. They're delicious.

they are healthy in the sense that any sweet can be 'healthy' in consumed in moderation but they are equivalent to candy.

they taste like a slightly better rasin. i don't like them much at all

>muh sugar is bad brb gotta go get a baconator lol

Prunes, bitch.