>it's first page of several blog links and articles

Can I finally say I did it?

Other urls found in this thread:

wikiwand.com/en/The_Book_of_Disquiet
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What is the book about?

Wodan sacrifice, apparently.

>it's

It's about a teen who claims to be bisexual, plays several musical instruments, does great in school and has many friends. As the book progresses, it's revealed that he's actually a manipulative cunt who does everything, even the most terrible and vile things to get what he wants and basically nothing about him is true.
It was pretty successful locally. Hopefully it'll get better known abroad.
No sequels or anything else, it's stand-alone.

Actually sounds interesting
Congrats, I guess

>Herman Schnoederleiabahn
>Inquisitions into Qatarian Combat
GUYS GUYS NO-ONE ELSE HAS MY NAME, GUYS GUYS MY BOOK HAS AN OBSCURE TITLE

chujowizna

whats the name

Why would someone cut a man's throat before hanging him from a tree?

It doesn't matter if your book gets published or not, what it matters is whether the book is worth to be remembered in the future or not
>wikiwand.com/en/The_Book_of_Disquiet
>Still studied by the Pessoan critics, who have different interpretations about the way the book should be organized, it was first published in Portuguese in 1982, 47 years after Pessoa's death; the author died also at 47, in 1935.

Will be your book good after 47 years of your death?

Will yours though, user?

You want a spanish translation of your book?

At least you can talk!

Well common now OP. First step to success is to let us anons read it and censure it unkindly

Is there a name for this kind of anal-oral-genital Trinity?

I share that goal and I think that's what most of us want, but that level of notoriety is not everyone. I'm sure plenty of people are fine with moderate temporary success, and if they are then they got what matters to them.

>for
can't even post on Veeky Forums, got a tough road ahead of me.

blood magic?

perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of an airplane

What's the name of the book? Sounds interesting.

Is the book in English?

Sorry user but I don't want to have my name related to this place

can you drop enough hints so that many will guess it but you maintain plausible deniability? how about at least the language it's in?

If I ever make it i'm gonna be proud of this place unlike op who's a big jerk

>unlike op who's a big jerk

>google my name, it's first 3 results

If your name is even slightly unique this will be the case, regardless of publishing your Pynchon interracial fanfic.

I don't know, how many people reviewed it on goodreads?

so like that tv show Faking It (TV Series 2014–2016)?

its a mercy

work harder
good choice. will there be an audio book of it?

OK. Eastern Europe

that's not a language
i want to know how impressed i should be

>my pagan jerkoff fantasy.jpg
And where are the pagans now? We romans now.

No but it's a hint.
No man, you won't get any details. Surely you know how shitty can Veeky Forums be. Never will I reveal any details about my personal life on Veeky Forums. Veeky Forums is my favourite board and you people are as shitty as it gets. For example the book reviewer who got bullied into closing her YouTube account.

Nah, I'm good the way it is right now. I don't want jaded memers sending me dragon dildos and stuff. Call me paranoid, whatever.

And how did you achieve this? any tips for marketing?

Are you the Polish guy who said he was working with the biggest publishers in his country a year or so ago?

I never posted my stuff here.
And I'm a girl.
Yeah I do work with one of the head publishers in my country and the top in my city.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

East europa

How old is OP?

post feet

Sounds pretty shit.

>btw I'm a girl
Oh. DROPPED.

For fuck's sake OP. Now I have to figure which your damn book is.

Post your feet

Good thing I don't earn my bread based on a few tired anons' tired opinions eh?

22 but turning 23 soon

I'm not a slut so have socks

Anyway in case anyone else is interested in writing, what are your opinions on first person narration? Is it actually easier to get your point across without feeling like infodump and plain listing of opinions, or is it too preachy if the book has a deep philosophical aspect?

You show the "deep philosophical aspect", you don't tell it. In this respect, it shouldn't matter whether you use first, second or third person.

>Anyway in case anyone else is interested in writing, what are your opinions on first person narration?

Nobody gives a shit ya piece a meat

And in the end, Veeky Forums shows its true face. You never learn, boy.

nice undies. post moar

>is it actually easier to get your point across without feeling like infodump and plain listing of opinions, or is it too preachy if the book has a deep philosophical aspect?
the thing about first-person is that the narration is through the lens of a developed character, and not all characters are shaped to deliver a message. Take for instance, Nausea. The protagonist is sick in an existential aspect, we as the reader know this, and everything he says passes through the presupposition that he is a sick man and therefore any perceived "preachiness" looses its didactic edge to characterization.
I think first-person can only be done well when coming from an innately flawed character, allowing for the writer to "show, don't tell"

Yeah, I feel you and I think that the reason so much first person is done so poorly is because so many writers tend to develop a character along the way and explore it along the story like you would in third person, instead of presenting the story like a fully developed and explored person would without being a literal copy of yourself. I think it's very hard to do it and at times you'd have to be downright autistic to do it well
I need to read more first person because the next book will be written in first person and it's about the journey of a mother and her son through a strange land. The story is the son's narration and I'm enthusiastic of writing a male character at such a personal level. I'd only need to refrain myself for going on a ramble because first person easily allows me to.

the book of disquiet is fucking awful though

>what are your opinions on first person narration?
Archaic
>without being a literal copy of yourself. I think it's very hard to do it and at times you'd have to be downright autistic to do it well
Wrong, read more
t. someone who read a translation

you overestimate this place, kiddo

Can I be you?

OP, as others said first person needs a flawed character, you have to make a balancing act and make the flaws evident even if the character won't acknowledge them.

>what are your opinions on first person narration?
campy if you're writing post-1900

First person allows you to go deep into a character's head and way of thinking, which can be interesting to explore.

Пoздpaвляю, ecли этo нe пиздꝐжь и пpoвoкaция. Пo тoмy, кaк ты cтыдишьcя нaзвaть cвoю cтpaнy, дeлaю вывoд, чтo Бeлopycь или Укpaинa. Moжeт, Poccия, хз. Удaчи, энивэй.

>I'm not a slut so have an obviously laboured and unnecessary pic of me in my underwear, O internet strangers

well at least you don't fornicate, right?

call that a hypothetical—don't answer if it isn't to defend yourself. if the answer dishonors you, then it was indecent of me to ask and indecent of you to answer.

How's being a slut a despicable act?

This.

There is literally nothing wrong with a little infame.

it treats a sacrament with irreverence, destroys beauty and makes people unhappy

>ywn be a qt slutty polish writer woman

Sacrament is spooky.

"She" never had beauty.

It makes me very happy.

I'm not cute and not polish though, user.

I have bad acne on my face, a huge crooked nose, thin lips and thick eyebrows. I'm also really tall and spindly though that could be considered attractive. But not cute in any way. I have a quite objectively ugly face that looks too old for my age because of acne.

For fuck's sake OP, now I wanna see your ugly face too.

You're still a skinny woman with a vagina that men want to stick their dicks into at least.

And I'm a locally successful writer so I can get away with stuff you won't even believe. Can't remember the last time I actually had a worry. Probably back in highschool when it was still considered weird to read and write.
I can say a lot of bullshit and pseuds in the café eat it like grocery. I won a poetry contest with a poem I shamelessly stole from a critique thread a couple months ago while browsing on my phone (thanks for that user who wrote the poem about the friend who killed himself)
Life is cash familia.

Fuck you

OP, support me financially until I succeed.

this was the post that finally convinced me: this is a subtle troll and not a real author

how did I not see

Authors are trolls.

I think that you are misinterpreting what it means to be an author, user, or how it is to have a young author's life. Before being published I was basically invisible and I still am at large. The average joe on the street likely never heard about me or my book, or maybe only fleetingly on Facebook or whatever. It's mostly about the circles if people that I am with, which are mostly composed of other local authors, people that work at university magazines or newspaper writers, and other university/literature affiliates and café shop dwellers.

kek

You're a Jew, aren't you?

Are people not aware that google search results are personalized and depend on your previous search history and identity as much as google knows about you?
You'd have to google this stuff on a computer unrelated to you

Part of my family comes from then Yugoslavia, and part is here since the dawn of time. Im not a jew though, not that I'm aware of. I just have a big nose, is all.

It came to my attention in the first place afterI googled myself on a phone, of all else, and not even my phone. I never claimed to be a top 100 authors voice of a generation bull, just that I finally made it locally and people are actively buying and discussing my book. That's all I wanted to achieve in this darn life and every writer would consider it to be a commendable achievement in life. People just don't get big in this country. Even big people are, in the end, not even that big.

Kek, i know you.

Does your book have any novel ideas?

Uhhh.... Chris???

Well?

We're waiting.

Also known as....

I guess anonymity is pointless now. Chris I rather have you not talking about this, though.

blackmail her into fucking you or else you'll expose her for plagarism

Is Chris even a name in Eastern Europe?

Why would I want to do that to her? That poetry contest was shitty anyways.

Of course.

And this is why I didn't want to write my book's title. Some people are always flying in circles like fucking vultures.

>oh no people will call me out for the fraud scum I am!

Well, how the fuck would you know if your book is worth to be remembered if it's not published, you imbecile? John Kennedy Toole died thinking he was shit.

Can't take my book from me anyways. When the message is out, the messenger might aswell be dead.

>le death of the author xD
pseud

Yes.

It's literally based on Christ. It's probably the most common Christian name.
It's valid. I wouldn't want people finding out if I was a war criminal.
They're joking.

Also I hope you're okay with "Chris" seeing you in your knickers, or, seeing the random girl's pic you chose to pretend were your knickers.

Not really referencing Barthes, but thank you for the clever remark.

>Also I hope you're okay with "Chris" seeing you in your knickers
That's hot; damn I really do wish that I could trade bodies with her now, I'd start flirting with "Chris" a lot if I were her.

Chris has gone beyond knickers. You focus in irrelevant matters. The summit of stupidity is to make a big deal out of someone's naked body.