So is there a consensus on what exactly you should eat if you want to be healthy?

So is there a consensus on what exactly you should eat if you want to be healthy?

Or are there so many different nutrients and factors that a layperson couldn't follow a diet like this so the best bet is to just use common sense?

fruit

1) Eat whatever the fuck you want whenever you're hungry
2) Get variety and don't constantly eat the same thing
3) Only eat when you're hungry (once or twice a day)

Eat a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables. Spice your food with spices and herbs. Eat a lot of "natural" food, as example rice and legumes instead pasta and pizza. Prefer old varieties (vegetables, wheat..), new ones are often overbred and their nutrient profile is out of balance. Become pescetarian or vegetarian. But also eat the things you love, even if they are considered unhealthy. That is just my view, i dont know if there is a consensus.

If you want to be healthy, don't eat the booty.

-No heavily processed food
-No excessive sweetener intake
-No soybean
-No pesticides / herbicides
-Consumption of red meat and dairy in moderation
-Lot of fruit and vegetables
-Avoid of specific items that contain something net negative when evaluated via a more mechanistic approach

General adherence to this heuristic will end in most people making net healthy choices. Something more targeted can be achieved as well, but I don't feel like typing it out for a thread that's going to devolve into bullshit anyway.

Also, yes, there's been a consensus since the 80's. At this point it's getting people to resist the brainwashing of the marketing and PR machine, and crowd psychology, to act in their best interests or admit the clear actuality indicated by the totality of human knowledge. Magical thinking runs rampant. Magical thinking is assuming you can pound your body with fructose on a daily basis and not have the nature of fructolysis eventually get the better of you.

Also, to give my own more personal opinion, I think red meat and dairy should be cut out entirely. When you look at the quality of the meat and the processing it and the milk goes through, along the layout of the industry as a whole, it's obviously a pathetic mess.

Poultry is the only thing that's arguably good for you with chronic consumption.

A Pescatarian diet is the healthiest diet.

There really is no point in trying to eat 'healthy'. Our bodies are pretty resilient and you can thrive on diets less than ideal. You should watch your calories although that's not normally considered a part of healthy eating.

enjoy metal poisoning friend

from marinebiofag

alex jones plz go

Eat a wide ranging diet so that you don't miss any rare nutrients.

Also avoid a diet which routinely causing large insulin spikes, so basically sugary diet. Insulin sensitivity has huge correlation with longevity so don't fuck yours up.

vitamin A: carrot
vitamin B: vegemite
vitamin C: OJ
vitamin D: sunlight
fiber: beans
omega 3: canned sardines

sugar: less than 50 grams an hour
calories: less than 2500 unless you're an athlete or hard laborer of some sort, less than 2000 if you are female

other things like magnesium are more difficult, I haven't found common food items that sate them yet, pumpkin seeds have a lot of magnesium though

garlic can reduce atherosclerosis

eat mostly siracha and you're fine

>inb4 vegans vs paleo

why not both.jpg

What's wrong with Soylent?

The actual non-meme answer is that nutrition isn't a real science.

why no soybean?

it depends on your genetics and where you're from.
look at your relatives who had a long and healthy life and you'll come to your own conclusions. often it's not just nutrition you should be looking at if you want a healthy lifestyle.

Xenoestrogens that negatively affect the levels of testosterone in the male body.

you pretty much described my diet user

not because health conscious, because poor undergrad

Define 'healthy'

Because 'healthy' might mean strong and athletic to you, in which case a relatively high-calorie, high-fat, high-protein diet combined with rigorous anaerobic and aerobic exercise

But there's a lot of research that suggests that caloric restriction is the best way to maximize life span.

Isoflavones that are both goitrogenic and estrogenic. It's also apt to be glyphosate laced garbage.