Patrician writers thread

Patrician writers thread.

I am somehow very bored by him. I like him sometimes.

What's with the fetishization of being 'patrician' on here? It's a meme right?

Borges has just enough mysticism yet is anglicised to the point of normality for precocious teenagers and 20 somethings to latch on to him as some kind of alternative to the mainstream Hemingways and fitzgeralds

>is anglicized to the point of normality
I agree.

>fetishization of being patrician is a meme
>patrician being a meme
>literature being fetishized
I don't think you know what any of those words mean

Yeah, pretty old one by now as well

Enlighten me.

every board on Veeky Forums views the patrician works of their board's subject matter as the height of the artistic/academic merit of that subject as a whole.

>anglicised
Borges learnt English before Spanish nigga. He was already anglicised before he started writing.

I'm aware of this much. I understand the extent to which it is a useful distinction but many people on here take the idea to an insufferable level.

He probably never existed then, he should have read that crazy mystic fuck Gurdjieff on his theories and philosophies about how one has to train his being into transforming into an actual individual entity with several bodies that exist outside of the influence of reality.

Yeah, this is true.
I wouldn't consider it a meme, so much as just an idiosyncracy of Veeky Forums

>all the women that I have loved

All ONE of them? Wizards are pathetic desu

Ask yourself that, Mr. I'm Better Than Everyone Who Cares About Being Better Than Other People

Welp. Guess you memed me.

He scares his readers into submission. 800 pages for a novel is short for him. William T. Vollmann - the greatest patrician writer alive!

How did someone as fedora as Borges find such favour on Veeky Forums?

Can anyone tell me the story with the king and the man who writes three times. In the end the king is a beggar and the writer commits suicide

this guy is even uglier than Stephen King.

no wonder he seems depressed.

I believe that is "The Mirror and the Mask."

How the fuck does this guy write as much as he does?

t. Hume

>isn't even convinced of his own existence
>tfw I hate Borges now

I spent the day watching and listening to interviews of him and I must say his voice does his face justice.

is he some kind of mutatn hedgehog?