What do you guys think of Beckett's novel trilogy? I've never read anything like it

What do you guys think of Beckett's novel trilogy? I've never read anything like it

Loved it. The thing I find a bit weird is people tend to make out like it's totally different to every other piece of work he's ever done, but I thought there were strong similarities to Watt, and less but still there similarities to p much the rest of his corpus. And one of the best crime series. Like even on a pleb level I enjoyed that first book.

And those tranny sex scenes too, my goodness.

It actually reminded me of Burroughs' Nova Trilogy

>And those tranny sex scenes too, my goodness.

> implying
P gratuitous too. Nice anal prose tbph.

>I've never read anything like it
what did user mean by this

I get the impression it means OP hasn't actually read it, which explains the reluctance to talk about Lousse in Molloy

What are you on about, or did you mean "granny"

Read the trilogy m8, it's only about 50 pages into the first book.

Try "Murphy". It's like Joyce but good

That's funny, most people (probably including Beckett) would say it's a poor imitation of Joyce

I tried reading Murphy and for some reason it was almost incomprehensible. I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, because I've seen nobody else mention its difficulty. I've managed to understand books like Moby Dick and Blood Meridian so I don't understand why Murphy is so damn hard.

He was young and trying to impress with his words
>I've managed to understand books like Moby Dick and Blood Meridian
These are not difficult to understand

maybe if you you read stuff like ulysses and pynchon or whatever but they're difficult for a commoner

Well he repented and swung the other way around. There may still be couple archaisms here and there in Watt but anything after that is in simple language. Though late Beckett tends to be harder to parse by lack of punctuation. Tldr start with Molloy

nice appeal to authority

I loved the random line in the monster paragraph that is Molloy that goes something like "What if we are not free."

Devastating.

One of the greatest works of fiction ever

I guarantee it will go down as one of the best works ever

Beckett is a genius. Maybe even more so than his old idol Joyce

The break away from Joyce and the embracing of the futility of language and starting to write in French is such an interesting literary story

>such an interesting literary story

It's almost like you could write book about it...

Easily the best thing I've read so far this year.

Of course he's better than fucking Joyce.

Go plebe somewhere else.