Why do normies spend $60 for three small meals and ingrediants shipped within ice bags and not fresh?

Why do normies spend $60 for three small meals and ingrediants shipped within ice bags and not fresh?

They were tricked into thinking that the more expensive something is, the better it is.

I work 12 hour night shifts and considered Blue Apron just for the time it would save not having to shop. They have no flexibility in their pricing and delivery structure. I wanted the ability to order a meal in a box when I wanted it. Maybe once a week, or a few times a month. No can do. You are committed to three meals a week. I tried to show them that an a-la-carte pricing structure would yield a higher net, but they didn't see it that way. Oh, well, back to shopping at Walmart at 6:00AM.

dude i'm a sous chef at one of the nicer restaurants in my non-flyover city and i eat frozen dinner gangbangs from safeway most nights of the week..

life is both weird and cruel

I always asked myself what chefs eat after work, apart from the heavy alcohol doses they tend to take in.

The Marie Callendars frozen meals are pretty good considering they cost $2.50.

My mom orders these things. They are really sub pat from when I had one.

since i don’t know the quantity on anything i’m going to be very generous with the prices but i’m sure they’re actually much lower

cucumber: $1
snow peas: $1.5
sugar snap peas: $1.5
pea shoots: grow at home fairly easily but whateve. $2
green beans: $2
spinach:$1
spring onion: $.5
mint? : $.5
salmon: $9
chicken: $6
ground beef lamb mix:$6
lemons: $1
garlic: $.25
pasta: $.5
rice: $.5
mushrooms: $2
i don’t know what knick knacks are but i’m going to assume it’s dry seasoning and give it a generous value of $3

59.94 for $40.25 worth of food? no thanks.

i’ll keep that $1040 a year
it almost covers the insurance on my zx6r

I actually really like these. I appreciate the convenience of not having to shop and the fact that everything is pre-measured. The cost really isn't that high for what you're getting considering that you're getting the recipe, step by step instructions, everything measured out for you, and getting it shipped to your door.

I think almost everything I've made from them has been delicious, but that might just be because I'm a pretty good cook otherwise. I would recommend giving it a try if you never have, especially since you can easily get a free week (3 boxes) and then just cancel if you don't like it.

when you make enough money you can pay for convenience

you don't have to be a normie, just an autist who works in STEM and enjoys cooking

my friend gave me a free trial where i got three meals for free. i was able to cancel right after without paying shit, so it truly was free for me.

honestly wasn't bad. but since you can literally look up the recipes on their site for free, i'm not sure what the point is. for me, grocery shopping once a week is much less time consuming than actually cooking, so it's not like they're really saving me much time or effort by just mailing the ingredients.

are you literally retarded. nothing you have EVER bought/paid for has charged you for the same amount it cost them to make. how would they pay for all of the probably 100s of people who work for Blue Apron? Not even just the people who package and ship this crap or come up with the recipes, but even people like their accountants and lawyers and phone app developers.

my point isn't that we should suck Blue Apron's dick and give them money for their poor employees, I'm saying that pointing out that business is selling you something for more than what it costs them is redundant, especially for a service that is clearly focused on "convenience"

Wouldn't it be better if you just used a general grocery shipping service? I'd say half of all major grocers offer it now depending on your area.

A markup of 150% is pretty good compared to restaurants where markup is 300% minimum.

This. If you live in a major city, chances are that there's a service that will deliver to you (Peapod, Instacart, etc.) If not, then check stores as a lot of them have started curbside pickup services.

holy meme batman!

Meme
Apron

I have been using this for about two weeks since I'm too lazy to come up with new dishes and shopping for their ingredients.

Did have a case where they shipped an onion that was half rotten.

You're paying double markup, though. They aren't getting that stuff for wholesale price, depending on Blue Apron's size.

This. Panera Bread, for example, operates at about a 25% food cost.

shit food in general, actually cooking if it's their day off, entertaining, or trying new recipes.

So they can tell themselves they cooked without actually having to think/do anything.

Don't you guys do sampling and get full as shit if you're working in a decent restaurant?

One of the things that has surprised me on this board is fast food restaurants don't permit their employees to eat as much as they want without paying. I worked my way through university at Pizza Hut in the early '80's and the manager said, make whatever pizza you want for your lunch break. Drink as much pop as you could stomach.

Beer was a no-no, but a waitress I was fucking used to draw me a pitcher of beer for break. Good times.

- convenience
- it's 6 meals, not 2
- it's fresh, the icepacks keep it cool but not frozen

not saying it's for everyone but as someone else said, you're paying for not having to go to the grocery store and buy a head of lettuce when you're only going to use half of one, etc.

> 6 meals, not 2
Americans