Why is this guy a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinichi_Mochizuki
soundcloud.com/thissiteisokay/sets/study-grind
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seriously? You know what, j-just, here.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shinichi_Mochizuki
>He is the author of inter-universal Teichmüller theory

I'm new to this board. Is that his version of a "theory of everything"?

thats a big theory

He claims to have proven abc, which is a big open conjecture, but he did it by inventing a whole area of mathematics and expects people to read some 1000s of pages of papers that he has been developing privately over the last 10 years. He's a respected mathematician and people think the proof is likely correct, but it's a bitch to verify, so it's sort of in limbo right now.

>some 1000s

its 500 pages

it means lurk more you faggot

good luck understanding those 500 pages without reading 100s of pages of past papers he's written

He's my fucking hero

I always smile a little when I see these threads about me

black pol user go away

For you

>Inter-universal geometer

Can someone explain what he means by this? Because it sounds pretty badass.

Because nobody fucking understands his theory but it's supposedly revolutionary, especially with regards to number theory and abstract algebra.

He's also enigmatic and eccentric as hell. Pic related. Also, there's speculation that he is the real person behind the pseudonym Satoshi Nakamoto.

Hence the memes.

He's the hazy shadow of the innocent child of a sprig of cherry blossom hidden under a handful of snowflakes in early Winter.

because in the picture he looks like that thinking gorilla

>Mochizuki explains the name as follows: "in this sort of a situation, one must work with the Galois groups involved as abstract topological groups, which are not equipped with the 'labeling apparatus' . . . [defined as] the universe that gives rise to the model of set theory that underlies the codomain of the fiber functor determined by such a basepoint. It is for this reason that we refer to this aspect of the theory by the term 'inter-universal'."

Well I already understand the first 90 pages and I haven't read anything of his before

>first 90 pages

Onlly 410 more to go! :^)

I fucking hate japanese email addresses. [email protected]

soundcloud.com/thissiteisokay/sets/study-grind