What books best represent the snarkfilled shitfest that is the 21st century's attempt at humor?

What books best represent the snarkfilled shitfest that is the 21st century's attempt at humor?

Other urls found in this thread:

autismspeaks.org/what-autism
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>He’s stuck out there. He thinks he’s totally alone and that we all gave up on him. What kind of effect does that have on a man’s psychology?” He turned back to Venkat. “I wonder what he’s thinking right now.”

>LOG ENTRY: SOL 61 How come Aquaman can control whales? They’re mammals! Makes no sense.

Kinda funny

i enjoyed The Martian because it was mildly interesting to see a somewhat realistic explanation of the challenges of humans living on an alien planet, but seriously every character is fucking identical.

>snarky
>sarcastic
>nerd

>NO Not disco music!
>tfw when she didn't have any dad rock
>tfw somebody else posted my face

I agree, the science bits were sort of interesting but the entries were really just like a quirky redditor's blog.

The Totalitarianism...

Fuck. this is a quote from The Big Bang Theory, right?

autismspeaks.org/what-autism

Literally every bit of dialogue in this book could be a quote from a BBT fan-fic.

Remember when this book was a meme on lit?

>not having the capacity to get a kick out of some pleb comedy even if it doesn't have literary merit and then move on with your life

lighten up guys

Just because you can understand why something might be funny, doesn't mean it's funny.

This is what all reddit-tier humor is. The redditor realizes what the joke is and doesn't find the joke itself funny, but rather laughs at his own involvement with the humor. There's nothing truly funny about cultural references when you've experienced them for a few years, yet the redditor's amusement results from a masturbatory, self-stroking egoism that is proud to be somewhere in the proximity of what they stupidly consider to be comedy. One has to sink low, to the point that one has no care for comedic taste, no judgment regarding humor, to reach this position. Sinking like this isn't particularly difficult if one is predisposed to loneliness and frustration, which causes one to desperately seek out jokes that one can alloy themselves to. Reddit humor like The Martian is an exercise in finding comfort and security without having to leave the self.

desu I thought he's snarky humour was a nice coping mechanism then again I only watched the movie

Paraphrase:
>I looked at the steak-shaped dog treats and realized the burn lines were added for my sake and not the dog's.

I got bored midway and stopped. I thought the prologue was fun.

Oh yeah also there was a detective who looked like Morgan Freeman, so they just always referred to him as Morgan Freeman.

Ready Player One

Jokes on you this is from the 20th Century.

That book is one serious pleb read.

The science bits are also mostly trash.

Pretty much all redditcore lit

Pic related, an example of an unfunny concept that the redditor finds funny, mixing geek culture with surface level intellectualism.

Yes, Comparable to the humor of a 12-years old edgelord, some bits got me though

>this post
>decrying "masturbatory egoism"

>tips

I thought it was interesting analysis. Don't see how it was "masturbatory." Because it was longer than 2 sentences? Because it actually attempted something more than braindead greentext shitposting?