Does anyone know of a place to find some annotations or what have you from Blood Meridian?

Does anyone know of a place to find some annotations or what have you from Blood Meridian?

I get some of the obvious historical and Biblical references but the book is to dense with references I feel like I missed most of them.

I guess this would apply to a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Readers-Guide-Blood-Meridian/dp/0978834917
amazon.com/My-Confession-Recollections-Samuel-Chamberlain/dp/0876111568
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Chamberlain
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

"corncobs"

there you now know everything you need to about yecarthy.

-spits-

They killed and then they ate and then they sat by the fire and Glanton spat and then the judge said some weird shit about life and then they slept and then they woke up and rode to town and killed a bunch of savages and thus the circle began again.

Fucking Christ

Thanks a bunch

kys

McCarthey is real big on words like 'deputation'.

Blood Meridian might be my favorite novel, but I barely got to page 100 in All the Pretty Horses and I had to quit because it turned into a teenage romance

Ugh. Exactly the reason I dropped Sword Art Online Mid way through the first season.

replacing the weird shit the Judge says with "weird shit" doesn't really give it justice

Also interested in this

Bait?

no, I really got bored when he met the mexican girl and walked up to her and started talking about her and her family and the boys around town.
I liked all the stuff about the horses and the whole journey there to the farm, but it was like 20 pages of him staring at a girl and his buddy acting like a bitch because he left him for a better job

amazon.com/Readers-Guide-Blood-Meridian/dp/0978834917

Fair enough. It is considered the dullest of the border trilogy.

Can we discuss Blood Meridian? Did the Judge rape/kill the kid? Was this just a novel about how violence is just violence and there is no meaning to it?

I liked the whole 'dance' metaphor or whatever, I really liked it and felt like I understood the whole false dancer thing he was talking about, I can't remember who he was saying, I think he used it to describe the ex-priest or something, and it had to do with religion, but he for sure killed the kid/man, maybe rape, but I figured he just raped kids exclusively.

did it suprise anyone else when The Judge didn't actually kill Toadstool and that other guy at the end, and they ended up getting hanged

>Was this just a novel about how violence is just violence and there is no meaning to it?
The novel isn't """about""" anything, but war and violence were a very heavy theme, specifically war.

McCarthy essentially refutes any ideas of utopia by stating that war will follow man etc. I'm drunk sorry

You know it's gettin foggy for me but why was the Judge hunting them down or why did they think the judge was out to get them?

Is it possible the kid "became" the judge? I know it sounds fucking stupid but I just dont understand what happened in the outhouse.

I think it started out with The Judge coming out of the desert with The Idiot and paying for Toadvines hat and meat, even though he was reluctant to give it up. And then trying to buy The Kids gun off of him, and instead of selling it, the ex priest was convinced The Judge and Idiot were evil and told him to shoot them, so he pointed the gun at him for like a whole minute and ended up running into the desert because he couldn't pull da trigger. But, I don't think he wanted to kill The Kid, because he was a "true dancer" and wanted to kill the ex-priest because he was a false dancer. But, he sided with the priest so he was gonna kill The Kid either way.

I think there are some online lectures from Yale about Blood Meridian. Worth watching if you want to break it down a bit.

implied rape and or murder, but it's constantly refuted
I think he just butchered the kid, like killed him and cut him the fuck up, not necessarily in that order, but I don't believe the whole rape thing, more or less because I just don't want to

didn't he dance with all the people in the bar right after he killed the Kid though?
when he was saying "I never sleep, I will live forever" or whatever. And, he was dancing in the nude, and it never mentioned being covered in blood, so he must've just snapped his neck like he did with the other children in the book, and maybe scalped him.

this op ---> watch?v=FgyZ4ia25gg

*spits*

read butcher's crossing it's better

Anybody else think that the judge wasn't really there at the end it was just the kid reflecting (he did draw the 4 of cups after all) His whole life had been roaming and killing and he considers himself a true dancer.

He sees the girl run off at the end and goes to bang the midget but can't get it up and then stumbles across the little girl hiding in the outhouse and embraces his dark side (the judge) andand butchers the girl and takes a piss outside

I've considered this as well.

Your right. Hmfff really made me think....

Interesting. I guess this would mean its the kid dancing and fiddling at the end, which is a little difficult to imagine since we never saw him having any particular skill with that, but maybe. I like the idea.

I suggest watching the yale lecture about it on youtube. The professor is extremely perceptive and also calls out harold bloom and shits on him. Good stuff

Nah that's just the dark side of him celebrating its victory. What's wrong with the kid is wrong all the way through as some character said. He finally just accepted it and now

>Readers Guide
>not Note On Blood Meridian
shit taste

this book:
amazon.com/My-Confession-Recollections-Samuel-Chamberlain/dp/0876111568

was the template for MCCarthy's BM

based on this guy, by this guy:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samuel_Chamberlain