Age >location >current book you're reading, and how do you like it thus far

>age >location >current book you're reading, and how do you like it thus far

Colorado
English Masterpieces: Milton, Volume IV

I'm actually not really enjoying it for whatever reason.

Houston
White Teeth
I like it, will probably read more Zadie

>27 or 28
>Maryland? Maybe Seoul.
>Portrait
Disappointed after Dubliners iibh

get

Connecticut

You Too Can Have a Body Like Mine, Alexandra Kleeman.

It's Fight Club for chicks. 50 pages in, 6/10 so far.

somewhere in South America
Italo Calvino - Palomar
not very impressed so far to be desu. might be missing some stuff because I don't really know italian

Mexico
Metaphysics

Pretty good. Im amazed to see how much they (Aristotle, at least) knew about the universe back then. We haven't actually made any progress :^(

texas
the elementary particles, houllebecq
weird boners, recent history, the fall of western civilization, weirder boners, some weird motherfucking weird fucking boners, whats not to love?

Shameful

Ohio
Bout to finish Daisy Miller here soon. Also reading J R

México
The Unbearable Lightness of Being

I like what i read. Its just...Its just.

>25?
>SoCal
>Crime and Punishment
I'm enjoying it very much, it meets the hype thus far

Perú
Las uvas de la ira (The Grapes of Wrath) - John Steinbeck
Really good.

Tennessee
Confessions of a Yakuza

I love it, it's a very comfy read.

Toronto
A Wizard of Earthsea

It's very well-written, Le Guin has a comfy style of writing.

>age
18-42
>Location
Google knows
>Book

Sense and sensibility. Not as good as pride and prejudice. Kinda dragging on a bit. If these last 80 pages aren't gold I'll be upset.

I'm going to Cali for 10 days at the end of August, never been before, any recommendations? I'm going with some friends, all in our early 20s.

18/f/cali
Ada
Not enough incest

>18
>Oregon
>The Power of Babbel by John McWhorter
It's very informative in it's chosen subject (linguistics), although the long winded paragraphs are rendering me unable to read very much in one sitting.

>21
>Mississauga, Canada
>For Whom the Bell Tolls and Heart of Darkness

FWtBT is pretty good, HoD isn't bad either but not really my kind of reading

r u asian

JUST: the poster

Yea, sorry about the erratic posting. I fixed it.

Yes we have, you mequetrefe.

Spain
Confederacy of Dunces

Almost finished it
Loving it like I've never loved a book before. I want to sleep close to it. It's insane.

Okinawa Japan
In Search of Lost Time
I fucking love it. Comfiest book I've ever read. It's inspired me to practice writing long sentences as well

What do you mean with long sentences?

In what way?

Chicago
Hard Rain Falling
A freely flowing, easy read- smacks of On the Road, but less romanticized and a bit rawer in character development and social commentary.

underage b&

México
Memorias de mis putas tristes - Gabriel García Márquez

I'm liking it so far. A short read, with Gabriel's distinctively colorful characters.

What part of Cali?
If the southern coast, go to Santa Monica Beach then walk to Venice Beach. That'll occupy you guys for a night

Brazil
Slaughterhouse-Five
So far so great

Arizona
Currently reading Skeletons at the Feast. Almost done! Really great book, and I love the smell. It's a delight to read. I love all the characters, and the plot is gripping to me.

Southern/Northern California

El Tunel - Sabato
On Deconstruction - Culler
Nightwood - Djuna Barnes

El Tunel is mostly for learning, On Deconstruction is fantastic, and Nightwood is horrible, platitude-ridden shit.

toronto
angle of repose
I fucking hate it

under your bed
Darkest Invocation of the Forbidden Spook

Auckland (NZ)
The Code of the Woosters, Wodehouse

Light, funny, typical Wodehouse. Spode is funny.

>Muh donkey dick
>Muh underage whores

Columbus, Ohio
Sharpe's Eagle
It's pretty good so far, really does what historical fiction should in terms of delving into the minutia.

Leipzig, Germany
The Brothers Karamazov

I read it when I was 17 and didn't get everything (obviously). I'm on page 140 so far and enjoy it even more than the first time. I love Dostoyevsky's characters and how much time he takes for a scene, how carefully he sets up everything.

Bogotá
Montaigne's Essays

It's fantastic. I thouth it would be really boring, long, repetitive, and non-interesting. But as soon as I started found out it was really good. It's not filled with senseless trash, instead gives an interesting perspective on a lot of things relevant today in everyday life. Recommended.

>18
>new jersey
>game of thrones
>good. Some parts are a slog, but most of it is entertaining enough.i just don't know if I'll continue the series on account of how long each book is.

>age
>15
>17
:^)

LA
The Rules According to Jwoww

It's awesome

SoCal
Being and Time.
Pretty awesome.

Oklahoma
Lolita

O' the tale of the good man Humbert Humbert is darkly tantalizing. Disgusting, but a good read.

London
The Night In Question by Tobias Wolff

read about half of it a couple of years ago, got bored. picked it up and started again this week, and it turns out it was fucking great all along.

Nebraska
Light In August

Prose is p god-tier, not in love w setting, but 9/10 so far

>18
>Portland
>The Accidental Universe by Alan Lightman
Wonderful for such a short read.

>20.
>Aus.
>Infinite Jest.
>Its awesome.

Colorado reppin
>everyday calculus
it's alright, I wish he would explain the steps in which he received the conclusion.

>23
>West Coast
>Cash of Kings: My first book back since middle school that I've read that isn't required reading from school.

I don't think I've been so immersed in a book this much before. Looking for more after I'm finished with this series (or book, they are long, but still fun)

Northern Ontario, Canada
Just finished Infinite Jest
I'm pretty ambivalent to it. I'm happy its over, and I enjoyed most of it, but it won't be something I'll come back to

>Aus.
kek

read a real calculus book pleb

I have textbooks but it was recommended by my calc professor

Vancouver
The Last Wish

Great collection of shorts

>Trivializing it makes me look smart

As in how to write a sentence that's longer than average, and feels like watching a train wreck in slow motion; the train never crashes though, it just slides back on to the tracks, easy to follow, and a beautiful sight.

Texas
She by H Rider Haggard

Not that great. Haggard seems to have an idea of how long a paragraph is. He doesn't stop until he gets there, either, so some ideas get stretched out for lines and lines until you no longer care

You know, like in this paragraph he describes the horror of endless death and living through the ages stained with sin even though that sin may be centuries old, always there, perhaps to someday be cleansed. The next paragraph is him describing a chair. And they're both the same length

The tortured Middle English in place of Arabic is grating, as well

Haggard does seem to have a grisly, dark view of death, though

Barcelona
"What If?: Serious Scientific Answers to Absurd Hypothetical Questions" from the guy from XKCD
It's interesting. I only read this kind of books anymore. Haven't read a "literature" book for at least 15 years. Don't have the patience 'cause it completely bores the heck out of me.

Victoria
Gulliver's travels. I'm really liking it, very entertaining and comfy. I'm impressionable enough that it's affecting my view of politics and morality.

>22
>northern midbest USA
>the jungle
I had it laying around, never read it in high school, it makes me sad, a bit upset, and happy that we modernized beyond such awful times.

>20
> Canada (QC)
> Moby Dick

It's as good as they say.