What is the best readily available butter in American supermarkets and why is it pic related?

What is the best readily available butter in American supermarkets and why is it pic related?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254263282&sc_cmp=ppc-_-sh-_-msh-_-bt-_-px_|_shopping_gsc_|_all_products_ _brand-_-&gclid=CjwKEAiA94nCBRDxismumrL83icSJAAeeETQiJQDcLunePihwg-IMaFb49ZQXua-TLcMYwQ7OLgO9xoCNQzw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i got some of that shit and it doesn't taste much better to me than any other butter

OK you poopooed my choice, what's yours?

And its not completely about taste. The texture and melting point of it is absolutely perfect for me. Not to mention the great taste

I don't care what grass you feed cows, real butter isn't spreadable from the fridge. That shit is fractioned (ie. the take the high melting point fats out).

See

>real butter isn't spreadable from the fridge.
Naturally softer refers to oils being added. It's a mixture of butter and margarine.

Country crock margarine is my fave butter. Don't know why some retarded foodies say it's not real butter though

nah i still buy it lol

i just expected it to be better
yeah you're right about that now that i think about it

it melts perfectly

In most countries you aren't allowed to call it butter on the packaging if you do that. That's why they do the fractioning, it's still 100% butter fat so they can call it butter.

Kerrygold does have Soft and Spreadable with non butter fats.

I used to wonder why everyone on Veeky Forums went on about how amazing Kerrygold is, then I realised that for Americans it's a fancy imported butter and they're comparing it to their domestic American butters.

For us, Kerrygold is just your average brand of butter, I can buy 250g for £1. Personally I go with Lurpak just because that's the one I grew up with.

>I can buy 250g for £1

I read this whiole thread and felt the taste of liquid butter sliding down my throat the entire time
Kerrygold is good

You also forget that most Americans think they are part Irish, so they have a starry-eyed view of anything from Ireland.

Hey guys, what's going on?

Best American brand, maybe

This thread reminded me I needed butter. I normally get kerrygold but apparently my supermarket doesnt stock it. Anybody try Presidente?

America wtf? This is basic shit. Do you guys honestly not have a decent butter range? Whatever happened to the land of choice?

local store started carrying this, picked some up but haven't tried it yet. anyone have experience with it?

Best American butter.
>higher butterfat content
>cultured.

m.tesco.com/h5/groceries/r/www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=254263282&sc_cmp=ppc-_-sh-_-msh-_-bt-_-px_|_shopping_gsc_|_all_products_ _brand-_-&gclid=CjwKEAiA94nCBRDxismumrL83icSJAAeeETQiJQDcLunePihwg-IMaFb49ZQXua-TLcMYwQ7OLgO9xoCNQzw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

Bitchap here.
Never had this before but it's worth a try, Finland isn't exactly well known for its Dairy stuff but I would not dismiss it unless I have tried it.

The packaging alone, makes me want to avoid it like the plague.

$2.17 apparently

This is what we usually buy in my house. The few times I've had Kerrygold I really enjoyed it, though. Don't use butter much these days anyway since I don't eat bread.

>European """style"""

I almost got tricked today into buying that because of the packaging and its low price when compared to actual European butters. I'm assuming it's grass-fed then? I'm a pretentious fuckwad when it comes to butter because I use it infrequently enough that I can splurge the extra dollar per month or whatever it comes out to, but it would be nice to shop around I guess.

>pretentious about subject
>doesn't know anything about said subject
Why do these things go together like pottery?

Fair enough, I did say something pretty stupid. All I know is Kerrygold is way better than any "normal" American butter I've had, but my supermarket doesn't have that particular brand so I wanted something similar or better. Thanks for calling out my bullshit.

Oh, well the major differences between American style and European is:
European has higher butterfat content 82% or above while American is around 80%
European butter is cultured - they hold the milk for bacteria to add flavor before churning
American butter is Sweet creamed (ie the don't hold the milk before churning)

Plugra is an American butter that has these two qualities thus making it European Style instead of American Style.

I like european style for buttering bread and baking, since in baking you can't just "add more butter" without fucking up the recipe like you can with cooking with butter.

I think vermont creamery has the orgranic grassfed ..yada yada type butter you are looking for, but it's pretty much a whole foods kind of thing. They have a product search on their website.

I just buy amish rolls. Shits pretty good and "hand churned by sexually repressed amish teens"

you realise they dont use soap and toilet paper is technologically beyond them

>amish dont use soap

They don't buy soap, true, they make their own, moron.

So you like your cream churned by young sexually repressed amish boys....wtf is wrong with you

I love Kerry Gold.

I made some chocolate chip cookies with that a few weeks ago. That shit was so fucking good just using the Toll House recipe.