Can we get a thread going about shitty roommates...

Can we get a thread going about shitty roommates? Just a general "Shit they do in the kitchen that pisses us off or makes us cringe" kind of thing?

>Moving into a new place with a new roommate I haven't met
>collegelife.jpg
>Tells me not to buy any pans because he has us covered
>Brings really nice pan set when he moves in
>Teflon coated
>See him stirring the saucepan with a fork (who the fuck stirs a saucepan with a fork to begin with?)
>Warn him that that'll scratch the teflon
>"Dude, it's fine, don't plan on doing it again after this"
>Looked at it last week and the pan is covered in scratches
>Scratches are beginning to rust
>Now forced to use a shitty fucking saucepan because I have no money to buy one for myself

oh look it's another thread where teenagers act passive aggressive and cry about shit that's easily fixed

>Uses someone elses stuff
>mad when they do what they want with it

ok

>my side of the sink is always empty
>his side of the sink is always overflowing with dirty dishes and LITERALLY every fork in the house
>I'm forced to stash a set of silverware in my room at all times because if I leave it in the clean dishes he'll use them, if I leave them in my side of the sink he'll clean and use them instead of the ones buried underneath all of his dishes
that's not even the worst of it

Doea anyone have any stories regarding black roommates?

Dumbfuck Asian roommates don't scrape their plates before putting them in the sink and then leave it there for 2 weeks.

Also fuck up non stick pans.

Plus they aren't even good at cooking chink food.

Rich Asian Americans are the worst.

>Had black roommate
>Always pays rent on time
>Always cleans up after himself
>Always respectful when I host parties
>Emotionally there for me when I need him to be

10/10 would room with a black dude again

>get cheap stainless steel cookware, Revereware or similar
>keep all my nice pans out of reach
Wow, problem solved. And it only cost me $10 from Goodwill for a 10" frypan and a 1 qt pot.

can't put his fucking plates in the dishwasher

leaves empty cans of soda and snack bags all over the place

good thing is he's moving in a month

I lived with a nigger for a semester in college
>sold weed (which was actually pretty great)
>thought he was a rapper, would record shitty lyrics over terrible beats he created on his mac and midi mini
>rude as fuck
>would leave the TV on at high volume and fall asleep, we almost got into a fistfight when I turned it off because I thought he was already asleep
>if I was listening to music without headphones he would come into the room and start also listening to music without headhpones at a louder volume
>we only had space for one TV, and it was his (I had plenty of TVs, but there wasn't any space to bring one) he assumed that since it was his TV he got to watch whatever he wanted all the time
>would eat chips with his mouth open and smack his lips in the early morning and late at night
Honestly I don't think he was trying to be disrespectful, he just seemed spoiled.

>Emotionally there for me when I need him to be

Huh? That sounds a little faggy if your not a grill.

>get cheap stainless steel cookware, Revereware or similar

Revere Ware is top notch cookware, you royalist scum.

Not him, but you'd understand if you ever had a roomate. Sometimes, just a few shots of whiskey and a "shit sucks, bro" is the emotional equivalent of an intense therapy session.

They can't post because the roommate stole their laptop.

Revere Ware was top notch decades ago

>late 20's fuckup living with 2 other late 20's fuckups
>we're past all the teenage bullshit that usually gets posted in these threads
>house is a mess but not TOO bad of a mess
>we all have our own dishes/appliances/buy our own food/the house is big enough that we have plenty of personal space between us

It's more
>trusting a roommate you never met before
>not bringing your own stuff just in case

>have Ethiopian room mate
>pretty chill guy, occasionally take shots and play Catan with him
>comment on African fish taboo and he asks if it's why people in the inland are retarded because they don't get their omega 3 & 6
>turns out he browses /pol/
>he's also a vegetarian because his family slaughtered his pet chicken for food once when he was a kid
>vegan room mate told us that eating cheese kills our arteries
>Ethiopian guy replies that being vegan kills your chances of getting laid

10/10 would room with again

Preparing raw meat on a wooden cutting board.

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

what would you use? plastic?

Plastic...? ... "PLASTIC"???

No... I use non-chemically treat organic free range farm to table cruelty free polyurethane.

>Have a pretty decent roommate
>He actually cooks for himself and does his dishes within a reasonable amount of time (basically when he's done eating)
>We share each other's stuff and clean it immediately if we do so
>He pan-fries something basically every day but doesn't clean the oil that splatters onto the stovetop

Overall pretty good, I basically just have to wipe up some grease once a day which is easy to do while I'm using the microwave or doing something else in the kitchen. If I asked him I know he would clean it up but it's been so long at this point I don't want to ask.

Living in a communal house. They never wash after using utensils or dishes. Rice and beans and shit all over the grates. Dishes that are washed have soap or hard bits of dried food on them. I clean the table to the point that it's spotless, and then the next morning it has sauce/shit all over it. Never a pot or pan when I need it. Using my sauces (which is okay in general, but how dare you ask me if you can use my sriracha, use all of it, and then make comments such as "I miss the sriracha"). Complaining that I take my food upstairs all the time, and asking ME to clean the kitchen because I use it the most. FUCK I'm sorry for being a whiny bitch but you guys have no idea.

>unfollowed

>vegan room mate

I'm sorry.

I could make some pictures of some stuff downstairs at my place. My roommates are mostly polish and russian and they cook for shit.

My other chinese roommate cooks so weird that the smoke alarm goes off whenever he's busy.

I have a russian guy here who eats a chicken burger with some undercooked rice every day and preps it every day in the same pan without cleaning it properly.

If I have to tell people how to clean then I will end up being a mom for everyone here. I am moving out in 3 months or so anyway..

Our landlord was fined 2x 10.000,- euro's for lack of upkeep and fire safety this week. Though I live here very cheap compared to others, about 1/3rd their rent price including power etc. Gave me a good opportunity to save up for a new place.

Let me make some pictures, brb..

>never cooks for anyone but himself
>dirties +70% of the dishes compared to me and our other roommate
>still expects us to equally split up dishwashing

>have a bout of insomnia
>clean the entire kitchen at 2am
>seriously make that shit sparkle
>wake up
>fat cow "vegetarian" roommate has turned it into a disaster area with greasy pots and dishes everywhere
>bitches at me for not cleaning up after myself when i leave my cereal bowl by the overflowing sink and leave
Thank fuck that lease is up.

> He only drinks coffee
> Coffee caked onto the bench
> Coffee all over the floor
> Never cleans coffee mug
> Never cleans teaspoon
> Uses said teaspoon for the sugar bowl, which I haven't used in 3 years now.
But this is just the set up
> Washing everyone's dishes one day ('cause these people don't understand the importance of soap, hot water and scrubbing)
> He leans into the sink while I have the tap on, rinsing something I just washed.
> Sticks his manky teaspoon under the tap, and spays my clean dish with his shit water.
> Places dirty teaspoon onto the same surface as my clean drying dishes, when the residue that he has failed to clean off leaks onto my dishes.
He has also attempted to put his cat shit boxes in my kitchen.

All those people have probably been stabbed

>1 female housemate who is deluded and thinks she is the cleanest
>leaves dirty dishes on the table, counters, sink yet bitches at anyone else for doing the same
>doesn't clean up after herself, forgets which dishes are hers, then denies using them once she's forgotten leading to more bitching
>will get extremely defensive when you call her out on her shit, despite her always doing it to others
>posts snapchat stories of her doing chores like taking the bins out saying "look who's taking out the bins. Again"
>we have a list on the fridge of chores that you tick whenever you do one. she is behind on every chore yet still posts this shit on snapchat
>if we have 3 cartons of milk in the fridge, instead of opening 1 and finishing it like the rest of us, she will open all 3, storing 2 on their sides at the bottom of the fridge. These now leak and go bad quicker

Also a guy but his mannerisms are more funny because they're so minor and because he's actually a redeemable human
>drinks a lot of tea
>every time he makes a cup he takes a new utensil out to remove the teabag with and places it dirty and wet on the counter near the kettle
>there are about 9 teaspoons, forks and knives there at the moment

I'm just amazed he doesn't reuse them and is building up this weird pile of teabag extractors

My roommates just leave the teabags in the fucking cup and throw them in the sink.

WHY THE FUCK DONT THEY JUST REMOVE IT AND PUT IT IN THE TRASH. IN WHAT WAY DOES THAT MAKE ANY FUCKING SENSE.

I really don't know how people are so fucking stupid sometimes. It's something a 5 year old would do.

I've never even been friends with a black guy.

This was last year.

>renting a room in south Scottsdale from a co-worker's mom
>cost me more than half my monthly income just for rent
>another co-worker I have is moving out of his parents house, looking to rent a house in north Phoenix with 3 other people
>asks me to be the third person since the lower rent would help us out and he knows I would always pay on time
>after living alone for a year, kind of reluctant, but need to start saving money
>we eventually find a house someone will rent to 4 random young dudes (all the nice houses went to actual families)
>move in and everything is chill for the first few months
>everyone mostly getting takeout or microwaving frozen shit
>I occasionally cook big enough portions of food for all of us to eat
>always immediately wash dishes/clean up the area and sometimes wash them while the food is cooking
>always wash everyone else's dishes and clean the house (living room, kitchen, my bedroom) on my days off
>second half of the year, one of the guys starts cooking
>only cooks for himself or him and his gf
>occasionally cleans up his area, but leaves this dishes out for a couple days
>another guy starts to cook
>always cooks for everyone but leave shit everywhere
>dishes left on the stove for several days
>sauce splatters and crumbs all over the counter and floor, never cleans up after himself
>the other guy just hoards dishes in his room and doesn't bother to bring them out until the weekend
>still doesn't clean them, just dumps them in the sink
>get pissed that nobody cleans up after themselves so I stop being the "nice guy" cleaning up after everybody else
>hope that after a week or so, they get the message and make more of an effort to clean up
>a week goes by, things are worse than ever, both sinks full of dishes so they start piling onto the counter
>the stove is now a dirty dish storage area
>kitchen island is where they prepare food now, and even that gets dirty
>my dog gets involved and starts pissing in the kitchen

Lazy sub humans leave tea bags sitting around

(cont.)
>the microwave interior is caked in sauce and shredded cheese
>tile floor has sticky splatters everywhere, crumbs stuck in some of them
>dishwasher gets used every now and then, but the dishes in there never get put away, they just take clean dishes out of it to use
>the cycle continues
>sink gets really smelly, teeny tiny little flies always in the kitchen
>we (they) always invite friends over and I get embarrassed at the state of the house
>eventually cave and clean the whole damn kitchen from top to bottom, washing all the dishes for about an hour, mopping floors and disinfecting counters
>they all thank me for cleaning up, one talks to me about how he didn't clean because the other guys were at fault
>tell them each that I'm not doing this again and that they need to clean up after themselves
>this process repeats on and on for the last few months
>eventually give up and hole myself up in my room
>when they do manage to clean up after themselves, it's always a sub-par job
>dishes will be "clean", but crumbs and shit still all over the counter, floors uncleaned
>the lease ends and we all decide to go our separate ways, breathe sigh of relief
>decide I'm never having roommates again

tl;dr
honestly, that's badly written. twice as long as it needs to be. the first few lines are absolutely unnecessary

I clearly don't do this often
tl;dr version: shitty roommates are shitty

Like cellmates?

>Chinese roommate that is from Indonesia so he has grown up with servants
>never washed a dish in his life
>still uses all the dishes and never cleans them

what said

>Chinese roommate that is from Indonesia
you what now?

Apparently lots of chinks move there to do business because labor is cheap.

kek

had a black room mate. Super polite guy, loved cooking, really really bad with women.

Laughed uproariously at jokes (his and others)

Felt bad for him all the time because of how bad his game was. Also his cooking was only "ok", but he really loved it, and cooked all the time, and would make food for me and other people.

I think although he had a happy outside personality he was sad inside.

my girlfriend just sets the tea bag inside the sink after brewing . the garbage 3 feet away is too hard

I live alone because my family isn't poor but I have friends crash often
>Prudish friend complains about shit being dirty
>I dont bother cleaning too much when he is around
>Regular friend doesn't complain or say shit
>Whole place is considerably cleaner when be is around
Maybe you are all cunts?

>Throw away every single dish, fork, knife, etc
>Buy a single dish, single fork, single knife for every person who lives there
>Hide backup dishes, forks and knives away
Problem solved

The girl housemate I mentioned there does the exact same thing actually.
Also
>complains when street lights go on before it's properly dark because it's a waste of electricity
>leaves every light in the house on all the time
>complains that they use too much heating in college and that it must be bad for the environment
>wants to turn on the oil heating at 4am so the house is cosy when she gets up at 8, has her breakfast and leaves

Yeah as long as absolutely everything isn't dirty, so there's stuff for me to use, I can just about handle it. So no need for me to hide things just yet.
Eventually one of the 2 shitty ones will clean everything and the cycle will begin again

It's more
>someone provides thing to household
>ruins it for everyone else

Based dog knows these people are trash

If someone has a single dish to use I guarantee he will clean it

it's always the girls that have the domestic martyr syndrome for some reason...

oh yeah it's feminism

A U T I S M

I'm a chink from Indonesia who can look after myself and keep shit together whos going to room with a chink from Indonesia who's never had to clean a dish in his life.

What should I expect?

>I live alone because my family isn't poor
>Maybe you are all cunts?

I guess relying on daddy's money really does make you a fag.

i'm sorry that you have no standards

You better set him straight before it gets out of hand. Just make a chore schedule or something because I thought I could get my chink to clean after himself after I let it pile up by apparently he didn't care.

>only teenage have roommates
How's daddy money feel

when are you going to get your GED

Aye. This is my experience with roommates in general. Enforce standards from the beginning, then loosen up if you want to. Starting out casually just causes problems.

Neat. Buzzed game nights are the best.

This. Bad times are so much better with people who will make pancakes and watch Star Trek with you.

Never washes anything

Pretty standard annoying stuff until you get tired of doing it for them and mold starts to form

>Snaps spaghetti in half so it fits in the pot

It shouldn't irk me but it does.

Did I say it was bad? No, I said it was CHEAP.
(Although I hear their quality has dipped in the last decade or so, which is why I bought some pieces that looked old and cleaned them up with some Bar Keeper's Friend)

Not that guy, but I'm working on my Master's and have no time for a real job. As an expected result, I am kind of poor.

I could afford a small apartment by myself, but I like living in a house in a decent part of town.

I'm going to scoop up a whole set from my great aunt because I helped clean out her attic. It's based.

Is depression an excuse for being a shitty roommate?

The one black roommate I have ever had was a perfect gentle man.
I have literally no complaints, except maybe his loud laughing.
Every other roommate or house mate I've ever had was a complete tool.

My roommates made soup one time and left it sitting on the stove for a month and it smelled like absolute dogshit. I asked what they were going to do with it and they couldn't be bothered so I took it outside on our porch and left it there.

It's still sitting there today after 4 months. At least that fucker lost his pot. Not that it matters because his parents will just buy him a new one.

>live with gf
>take out the trash, kill the cockroaches, do the laundry, and cook
>she does the dishes, cleans the kitchen and bathroom, vacuums, and dusts
>stopped having to deal with shitty roommates

the only bad part is that I live with my girlfriend

>uni has townhouses for graduate students
>pretty cheap and right next door to campus
>move in
>have to split a tiny kitchen with 3 other guys
>all 3 other residents eat exclusively fast food
>have the kitchen to myself for the entire 2 years

Was absolutely glorious. One of my friends was living in a house where all 4 of them loved to cook but since the kitchen was so tiny they could only do it one at a time and it really got on their nerves.

Nope.

I paid on time and kept my part of the house and dishes clean. Because I'm not a terrible person.

It could make them short on rent if they can't do enough hours or lose their job, though. It's a risky(ier than average roommate risk) business without medication.

It's not an excuse for anything ever.

more

Idiot

>have 4 roommates
>we all bring our own dishes to the house
>they leave all their dirty dishes in the sink
>after a few days I simply throw them all away
>they start using paper plates since they no longer have dishes

wasteful, but at least the kitchen didn't smell like rotting food

>Live with mum
>Keeps using metal utensils in nonstick pans even when I tell her every time
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>also she doesn't even know how to make tendies

>not just communicating and telling them to wash their dishes
do you have autism?

currently rooming with a black dude from the projects

>sells weed but at my request, does not serve people out of the house
>smokes an ungodly amount of weed
>smells like weed and fabric softener
>doesn't talk
>has two jobs
>has admitted to me once that he cannot read
>has a kid with some chick
>sometimes the kid is over here and he is a cool little kid
>all he eats is jalapeno cheetos, sprite and Hi-Chew, so he does not generate mess in the kitchen
>shares his candy with me
>pays for wifi
>sleeps on a couch and keeps all of his clothes in a trashbag
>likes to sit near me and not talk

if i am in the kitchen, he will come sit in the kitchen and smoke. if i am in the living room, he will sit on the other side of the couch and smoke. if the kid is around, he will come bring the kid by me while he plays with him. he doesn't smoke when the kid is around.

compared to my last roomate, an alcoholic, chronically unemployed French guy, he's a fucking godsend. He's like a cat and most of the time he is not even around

>he's like a cat

Yeah think about it while you have to wait in line to shit in your own bathroom buddy

not gonna lie, that sounds like an amazing roommate

I can relate my man. Just tell them to fuck off already as they're filthy animals.

>rooming with black med student
>always talks like he's white
>doesn't mix up axe/ask
>one day I feed him beer
>starts talking like a worldstar video had a baby with Crenshaw

Funny shit at the time but I realized later that be basically is pretending to be white all the time and I felt kinda bad

Now i want a nigga cat

I'm sorry, but can I get a few /thread-a-roonies on this?

you're a bigtime autist for not talking with them about it first

>Your cat will never share his weed with you and be chill as fuck.

>In a house with 4 other guys for college
>Rent and utilities are in the joint account well in advance
>Garbage is taken out, no plates/utensils ever in the sink
>Everyone takes care of their own duties
>Kitchen is in good order thanks to Nazi-tier rules regarding cleanliness
Feels good man. Thank you Veeky Forums for reminding me how good I have it

this sounds really cute

Same for me. Except I share a place with another person. God damn, you guys gotta screen your roommates better.

>He's like a cat
best post i have read on this board in a long time
>tfw no nigger cat (cat nigger?) that pays for the wifi and just quietly sits next to you

Tfw when I want to be vegan but I don't want to burden my roommates since we eat together a lot

Go to savers or goodwill and buy your stainless steel cookware there. Its usually super cheap and when you take it home and give it a solid cleaning they end up looking fantastic. For a 3 dollar copper bottom pan you can't go wrong.

Mr. Dubs, your story made me rage.

I got one, not interesting though
>Recently graduated, had a real job
>Ate out constantly
>When he wasn't eating out he made this ramen pork jambalaya thing
>Gay, went shopping with other room mate
>Lmao CrossFit everyday
>Used kitchen table as his desk to watch Maori n shit

He was pretty okay. Never interacted much because autism. Also he never did drugs.

>literally never done dishes all semester
>not even once
>"haha user sorry for not doing dishes lately I've been busy!!!"
>we have the exact same schedule

also
>both extremely vapid women
>constantly talk about all the guys they're fucking and I have to pretend I care
>complain about how lonely they are even though they sleep with a new guy every weekend and I've never had a gf
>constantly barge into my bedroom
>make these annoying tongue-clicking noises (apparently a thing from rupaul's drag race, which they constantly watch on full blast and they always make these annoying references to)

not Veeky Forums related but this just happened a couple hours ago
>me and roommates all in same advertising major at school
>this one class held a competition where the best group's campaign would win an actual job contract with the client
>me and my roommates all in separate groups
>my group won, announced in class today
>as soon as we get home my one roommate storms out and tells the other one she's leaving to get drunk and cheat on her boyfriend
>spend the entire afternoon since in my room, quietly awaiting her return and the ensuing fallout

Al, is that you?

I've mentioned this on Veeky Forums before but when I was renting a house with other students I bought a sharp kitchen knife and ended up keeping it in my room because ALL FOUR of my housemates accidentally cut themselves with it when washing dishes.