Why the fuck do people try and convince themselves this tastes good just because

Why the fuck do people try and convince themselves this tastes good just because

>muh healthiness

It tastes like dirty leafy garbage. Out of all the things you could be eating on this earth and you choose to eat kale. lmao

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oPINrtakN1o
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23437244
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24284213
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>It tastes like dirty leafy garbage.
this is true
say hello to the top tier patrician vegetable super healthy and taste is great

It just tastes like uncooked broccoli. What's there to be mad about?

No it tastes significantly worse

Kale is possibly the closest vegetable to /actually/ tasting like a leaf plucked off a tree.

Shit tier texture and flavour I'd rather smack my face against a wall for an hour than eat it.

This is why cilantro will always be god tier.

Soap.

Aren't these two related? Brassica oleracea

I think it tastes pretty nice.Cook it with garlic and vinegar and you've got a tasty and healthy dish.

How DARE you call it soap, fuck you.

Don't whine just because you were born with inferior genetics.

Not a bfd. Just stir fry or steam /pol/tard.

you're a fucking pussy. maybe we eat it for the nutrients.

>WAAAHHH I CANT EAT IT CAUSE IT TASTES GROSS MOMMY

>kale has nutrients you can't get from somewhere else

Why force yourself to eat shit when there's a million better alternatives?

I make this with cornbread as a meal or if it's a bigger dinner I'll also add chicken fried steak and gravy or fried chicken

The smell broccoli gives off is just vulgar. Same goes for cauliflower. At least kale has some more odor-neutrality to it.

>inb4 amerifat picky eater

I eat all of the above, kale is just the superior one.

Because you have to source a million other things whereas you can get it all in one neat kale package

Uh, no?

Reply fail to

>cooked in fat
>healthy

You're just not preparing it the right way. It wouldn't be such a staple food for so much of Europe if they didn't know how to make it edible. Hint: most of the modern, hipster ways of preparing it are garbage.

Look up some more traditional kale recipes, or stick in it a soup or something. It'll change your opinion. I've had several friends ask why why how I can stand to eat kale, and when I give them recipes, their hatred goes away.

Fuck you all. Långkål is the best side dish at a traditional julbord.
>Get a fuckload of fresh kale
>cook up some nice broth (traditionally the water the christmas ham has boiled in)
>strip the leaves from the stems, let simmer in broth until soft
>strain and press the liquid from the kale (save it for the best soup ever)
>chop the kale into smaller bits
>fry it up a bit in some butter (or fat from the ham)
>add some heavy cream to that shit
>simmer some more
>salt and pepper to taste
Wållä

Clearly this isn't a healthy hipster raw lawn clippings smoothie, but I dare you to say kale tastes like garbage after indulging in this kale of the gods.

>Take leaf that tastes basically like bitter nothingness
>Soak it and then fry it in fat and soak it in cream
>LOL OMG KALE IS SO GOOD

>fat
>unhealthy

He knows only the world of hydrogenated fats, the poor devil.

Hey fuck you buddy. Noone is saying to go overboard with the butter and cream. Trust me, this stuff has a very distinct flavour and texture of kale that can't be substituted or compared to spinach or any other leafy green or cabbage.

I am unable to put together words that express how disappointed I was with myself when I discovered how much I like the taste of kale.

uhh hurp de durp de fuckty doo? spinach is probably one of the only other natural source of food you can get as many vitamins and minerals from

You can get all those other vitamins and minerals from other sources though you dumbfuck. If you're that nutritionally deficient you should be taking supplements instead of wasting your time with mother nature's garbage instead.

uhh hurp de durp de fuckty doo?
>supplements are an efficient source of getting daily required vitamins & mins
and why would I want to get it from more than one source if it's convenient to get it from one? it's convenience brofamalam

Because the method of acquiring those vitamins consists of you shoveling dirty weeds down your throat that taste like ass. Is it so hard to swallow a couple capsules and get on with your day eating things that are actually flavoursome and delicious? Fucking retard

lrn2cook brofamalam

You can cook a turd in a variety of different ways but at the end of the day you're still eating shit. No amount of smothering in various spices or other food products is going to change that.

some people enjoy eating poop just because you don't doesn't mean it's bad

Objectively it does

objectivity is subjective brah. it's your objectivity

Wash it and tear up the leaves.
Toss in olive oil, vinegar or lemon juice, garlic minced, chilli flakes and spread out on a baking tray.
Salt and bake until crisp.

Delicious.

Otherwise try it in something like minestrone, chicken soup, spanikopita

Because any true cook here would try to figure out a way to enjoy or include an ingredient into different meals to figure out its use, but this is Veeky Forums and its full of mcdonald's tendies eating overweight autists.

Tastes like shit, but youtube.com/watch?v=oPINrtakN1o

I bought some the other day to see what all the fuss is about. All I can say is worst greens ever! Give me cabbage over this any day.

This one is heavenly though

give recipes pls

>tfw Veeky Forums will never split into an american obese fatass shitty plebfood board and an international cooking board

You can make a snack out of it. Put it on a baking plate with some paper underneath. Sprinkle it with some oil of your choice, add whatever spices you want.
Put it in the oven at 180C for 4-8 minutes and make sure to flip the kale halfway.
Kalechips

>itt: some murrican fatlord can't eat kale, assumes his pleb taste is universal.

The fuhrer ist displeased with your inferior ways of ze eatings the green kraftstoff. You allyfags have to cook ze torah out of it. Season with fat pigbelly and METTsausage and you have the key to a winter assault on russia. Pure power pure taste for the pure raze.

>winter assault on Russia
Because that worked so well for you in the past, right? RIGHT??

You have to go with ze time lil mr.goldbaum.
Die meme ist what you need to be cool on ze interwebs. Even if ze joke is on you.

fuck off soylentfag.

i have to imagine that 90% of the posts on Veeky Forums are actually just bait and meta-bait circulated by a small community of cynical borderline-sociopaths as they act out the reactions they imagine people having to their baits

Cooked greens are only good if cooked right. The delicate ones like spinach are delicious when just barely cooked. Something like Swiss chard needs a little more cook time to be good. But when you get to the really aggressive greens (kale, collards, mustard greens)_ you have to cook the hell out of them before they turn delicious.

If you think you hate kale it's because you didn't cook it long enough.

Kale chips are pretty good

>Taking vitamin supplements instead of eating real food

You know there is more to nutrition than just getting 100% of vitamins A through K right?

Oh please, tell me more mr. healthy man

it's decent if you saute it with garlic and a little balsamic. it's also one of the few greens that does not change the flavor of smoothies too much. One time, all I had was arugula so I decided to add it to my smoothie, absolutely disgusting.

While taking antioxidant supplements don't seem to reduce the risk for various diseases, dietary antioxidants do.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23437244
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24284213