There are some people saying that wheat is bad for you. How right are they...

There are some people saying that wheat is bad for you. How right are they? Does it just apply to some people with an intolerance to wheat?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qTn3eJG87IQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's bullshit. The problem is that people will eat 6000 Calories every day in cake and then blame it on the fact that it came from flour.

What you really have to worry about is how much sugar is in your diet.

I haven't seen anything beyond the paleolithic diet argument, which isn't that compelling. From what I've seen it boils down to the same argument against corn syrup. It's so damn cheap that it's usage provides humans with more Calories than they know what to do with, but that's not a problem with the food. Just eat fewer Calories in general and there is no problem.

Flour is mostly made up of sugars...

Wheat is not good for you, but not because of some weird gluten allergies...

Actually by looking at skellies you can tell farming grain produced quite a significant degradation in our health.
Easy to farm != good for you

How much of that results from switching to a sedentary lifestyle, and what happened to their population?

Define sedentary. Farmers actually do more physical work than hunter-gatherers.

>Define sedentary
Live in the same place all the time

>>Define sedentary
>Live in the same place all the time
That's not what sedentary means.

It is in this context it does

It is a correct definition. Sedentary can mean "characterized by or requiring a sitting posture" or "non-migratory."

On the other hand, nowadays when people say "sedentary," they usually mean "does a lot of sitting."

No, it doesn't at all
At any rate, apart from the reduced diversity of available food, I'm not sure what possible relation being long in one locale has to do with general health

Staying in one place means all your shit and rubbish stays near where you live, so disease becomes a much bigger issue

I spose to an extent there would be some of that going on. We should do a randomized controlled study to find out.

China Study supposedly shows huge correlation with heart disease and wheat.

If you look at wheat flour and some breads and pasta they are seriously lacking in vitamins ans minerals. Like you get 1/3 of your needs in most nutrients where as in rye or oat you get like 100 % of most. (Although they all have pretty much zero vitamin A / C / K but there are common superfoods for those like carrot / orange / spinach).

I know some students and poor people who eat lots of pasta because it is an order of magnitude cheaper than other foods and it will certainly get them killed in the long run.

I haven't eaten wheat for over 20 years. Wheat is a memegrain like corn.

Is there a link between wheat and fatigue?

I like wheat because it's an easy source of fiber.

If you're active and lifting weight unrefined carbs are fine. This includes white potatoes, legumes, fruit, and whole grains.

What must never be consumed in any quantities are unrefined carbs (apart from white rice if and only if you can't digest other carbs but need carbs in your diet) or added sugars.

bump

tfw bread is your favorite food and anons are saying wheat is bad

youtube.com/watch?v=qTn3eJG87IQ

in the long run we'll all be dead

Yes child, keep babbling your bullshit until you're forced to understand life without your health is barely worth it.

If I could rid the human psyche of this moronic mindset, I would.