What is most Veeky Forums exercise? Is swimming good enough?

What is most Veeky Forums exercise? Is swimming good enough?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q-hOSpV0TXI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Terrible fucking thread!

>Veeky Forums exercise
- Lifting
- Squatz
- Philosophy
- Lifting
- Rough sex
- Wine
- Philosophy
- Lifting

Do you even Greek-mode?

Athletics and fighting.

s age

I thought Socrates spent his life learning from the masters. Was he actually a soldier in the Athenian army?

Fencing.

>Was he actually a soldier in the Athenian army?

What are you kidding?
He was an of age, Athenian citizen during the freaking {eloponnesian war. His entire relationship with Alcibiades is based on him saving the fuccbois life at Potidaea.

Even if he wasn't alive during the second most important war of ancient greece he was still part of a culture that put incredible emphasis on physical fitness. Plus he was doing physical labor for most of the early part of his life considering his father was a stonemason.

Unless you're some tinfoil adorned schizophrenic who thinks Socrates was just Platos self insert fanfiction then he would have been totally yoked.

walking along a country road whilst simultaneously contemplating the absurdity and beauty of life - which is in itself, quite absurd.

Tennis, obviously

I knew he advocated physical fitness, but at what age would he have started travelling to absorb the masters's knowledge?
>No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training…what a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

>Is swimming good enough?
if it's the hellespont, totally

mixed martial arts, I'll knock you the fuck out niqqa

>sport that destroys your brain
>the only part necessary for literature
>most Veeky Forums sport
The best part is, I don't think you're wrong.

We duct tape copies of Infinite Jest to our hands and feet and we kickbox.
It's called Infinite Jousting

>Veeky Forums tries to get into philosophy
That image is hilarious.

no more Veeky Forums feel than to murder the silverback of a sixty thousand strong tribe

I play slowpitch just about every day.

I love baseball!

i lift, swim, ride a stationary bike, and go for long walks

Murder? Yes. Slay? Yes. Execute? Yes. Invite to a sportsmanly bought of MMA sparring? No.

I grew up boxing from when I was like 12, competed through college and still go to the club twice a week. I love it and consider it pretty fitting to a reading lifestyle since it doesn't take much time and isn't a major social type of sport. And unless it's the few times I've done bareknuckle I don't look like I just got done at fight club but that was all in school when I was stupid it's good for self confidence and that stuff too.

How're you going to deal with the dementia?

bad joke
dont ever come back

Boxing for recreation is much different then competition pro level stuff especially not being a heavy weight and all that. I'm 6 feet and 200 lbs but fit but still when you're just sparring and shit you aren't hitting to knock the person out nor are you ready for those kinds of hits, once a month our gym has a competition night but still it's mostly just hard sparring no headgear though

I find drinking to be good exercise plus bit really builds up balance and stabilizer muscles

Passionate sex

12 year old girl spotted here ya go gentlemen

Bodybuilding or powerlifting desu

reasonably close, no? :^)

>doing sports, not for their inherent joy, but purely to look good
Perfect.

Do you read to just look smart or convey a message to people ?

>powerlifting
>looking good

Kek. It's all about being the strongest, most powerlifters are fat fucks

The dude said body building or powerlifting, one is about being as strong as possible the other is trying to hide the fact you're gay

Tennis

Serving in the army doesn't make you ripped for the rest of your life. Pure homoerotic fantasy you're entertaining here.

Yeeeeeaaahhhh he was in the army... but an officer considering he was born noble. Those people weren't carrying a spear onto the front lines and besides that the army was everyone in the area of a certain age it wasn't really something at that time you were solely a soldier. He was probably watching a battle from a tent while having sex with a young boy. Same thing with the stone mason, his father wasn't doing heavy lifting

Generals often fought in the front ranks of the phalanx back then, and according to Alcibiades in Plato's Symposium (if it truly reflects historical accounts of Socrates at Potidea) Socrates displayed courageous value as an infantry hoplite that stood his ground and didn't allow emotions get to him during his army's retreat from battle. He wasn't said to be
an officer at that time and he wasn't of noble birth (quite the opposite actually; one of the appealing things of his character that attracted various authors to use him was that he was of humble birth and a very modest--sometimes even destitute--man whose lack of high birth, wealth, beauty, youth or expertise in a non-epistemological skill made the only validity of listening to him was with his inquiries and views.

katana swinging

lifting weights with a blank expression and still eyes as you contemplate suicide and feel confusing homoerotic attraction to the other men in the gym

There's nothing more manly then repeatedly lifting weights with other dudes while you watch your muscles in a mirror or them just glistening in sweat in pure ecstasy as the moisture runs down your neck slowly, as it touches your nipple and your muscles swell more and more with every drop that can be felt slowly. Making sure to control your air ducking it in and slowly letting it out as you release your muscular pose wait what? Nothing gay about that it's just being bros

are you fucking retarded

stonemasonry involves pretty much moving around large weights and carving large weights, doing that as a living would make you fucking ripped

Drunken nude oil wrestling and running like the Greeks.

Vigorous homosexual intercourse is probably the most patrician exercise their is.

You must be retarded
In Greek culture, all citizens stood at war
If you were filthy rich? Guess what, you have taxes to sustain the Athenian fleet (one trireme is your responsability), and you and your sons are probably commanders of one boat.
What does that inquire?
You are the first man in the front line ramming head on against a trireme of spartans who were trained since kids for war.
I think your view of bourgeois is filthy, communist.
You'll realize that while greeks where boipussy addicts, they also where the manliest Ubermenschen to this era.

Doing the heavy lifting is a term for the brunt end of the job.... in case ya didn't know
That's what the rich Greeks said yes, remember you're hearing only from one point of view and usually when people are really dead set on saying over and over that everything is equal societies of those sorts usually aren't about equality at all. Yes they were equal but many people were much more equal then others. If you honestly think nobility and the rich did not stand next to their slaves in battle more then likely, but hey the educated and rich Greeks painted an awesome portrait of themselves being valiant and all that so gotta take them at their word.

tennis

Chopping wood. I go out and chop down a tree once every few days. Chop that up, and then chop it up for firewood or smoking meat.

It's a good, full body workout and you get something out of it along with being in nature. Only faggots go to gyms or buy it toys specifically for exercising. Might as well be a woman accessorizing. Get a good axe or splitting maul (preferably both) and get out there.

I do a lot of olympic lifting at a gym that has bumper plates but no one else does them. One of the older trainers used to watch me, and one time he told me it looked like I was doing ballet when I was snatching because it is such a delicate, synchronized movement.

I don't think there is a single Veeky Forums exercise, but damn did that make me feel like some kind of Greek god.

Most people don't have the property to go and chop down a tree.

I just go and chop down trees everywhere the dumb cops though don't get what manifest destiny means

oh wow a geezer was sniffing your butt at the gym did he spot you

>like ballet
>Olympic lifting....
Were you in the olympics? If a dead tells you your lifting is like ballet, he wants to fuck your mouth

Dude I mean not dead

Who says you can't enjoy powerlifting or bodybuilding?

What does that have to do with anything?

You don't know what Olympic lifting is.

You don't know when a dude is obviously wanting to give you a good old colon cleansing. I don't know the words Olympic and lifting seem to indicate it has something to do with the Olympics and lifting, then again I don't feel like learning stuff you do considering you believe someone thought your beautiful lifting was like a ballet

This is wrong on so many level that it's hilarious.

1.- The post works on the assumption that being a farmer makes you fucking ripped - it doesn't. You won't be a fat slob and you will be muscular but you won't be ripped (especially not FUCKING RIPPED).

2.- Aristocrats (which almost all philosophers and writers were) didn't work much themselves, they had a large ammount of slaves that did most of the work on the land.

3.- Being a hoplite in ancient Greece meant having enough money to buy armor, a shield, a spear and sword. You neither had extra training nor some special workout. It's straight up wrong to think that you had to be FUCKING ripped or that you would become FUCKING ripped by being part of the army. This thinking could only work if you were talking Spartans, but most known philosophers aren't Spartan.

4.- Rowing was mostly done by slaves and thetes, if needed by middle class, by no means by the aristocrats.

5.- He doesn't understand that philosophers, authors, play writers and even historians of ancient Greece loved to incorporate mythology and fables into their stories (even if writing philosophy or history), which would logically only exaggerate the muscular look of the common male Greek citizen, especially since Greeks really valued the male body.

6.- Many philosophers and intelectuals of Athene (like Aristotle and many more) were Metics and not actual citizens and didn't even had the right to own land (thus a farm) or participate in the army (except in crisis).

7.- Most stories about battles and dialogs never happened, tales written to get their point over.

8.- Oh did I mention that Greek aristocrats were drunks, oftentimes so weak willed that they didn't water down their wine and became drunker than you can imagine?

Why not? You don't live in the boonies like a good person? Only faggots or niggers live in the city or suburbs.

Walking in various settings is a very Veeky Forums exercise, although don't let that dissuade you from other exercises.

I do judo, dance and rock climbing because I can't stand exercising for the sake of exercising. I think you'll be pretty /lit /as long as you dedicate yourself wholly to a sport.

Swimming
Diving
Golf
Tennis
Wrestling
Throwing shit, like balls or frisbees
Soccer
Skating, as in racing not pirouets and stuff
Marching as in bands, dunno if that counts as excersise

These are nice

Exercising self discipline and triumphing primordial desire with persistence is the essence of life. There is little point in swimming if you are not going to complement it with a regularity coupled with a dietary regimen, stretches and calisthenic exercises.

Mountaineering is the only correct answer.

I do swimming and boxing. Wrestling is pretty Veeky Forums, according to Rolande Barthes.

fingerbangin bitches. I do 3 sets of 20 reps with each finger if the lucky lady doesn't cum first.

As long as its homoerotic in some way I'd say its pretty Veeky Forums

I think you've confused us with Veeky Forums

you guys don't know what oly lifts are. It can't be spotted, nor can anyone get very close to you, and it does actually look a little bit like a ballet of sorts. Check this Greek god out youtube.com/watch?v=q-hOSpV0TXI

but when find a time for reading and writing?

the only Veeky Forums sports are fencing, horse riding and archery. The rest is normal stuff, lifting (or the current culture around it) is the lowest of the low.

The most Veeky Forums exercise is to lifting for strength. Because that's what Veeky Forums is, doing things to impress other men

>lifting is for the vulgar
>not the greeks who invented the gymnasium
>not plato the wrestler being ripped
>not socrates the hoplite having practical beauty
baka, it's like you're actually making an effort to be a pleb

Did you save and repost that pic? That looks a lot like my cat and I remember posting a picture Like that a while ago

>not recognizing potentially your own hands

Looked pretty similar

>Because that's what Veeky Forums is, doing things to impress other men

Your hands don't look particularly man-like.

You've got girls hands.

the muh greeks meme is the worst thing that was created on this board. The sports I talked about were practised by the noble and the high royalty, not some fags who only lifted to look better when they were getting fucked in the ass

Skateboarding. It's all about temporal beauty and sacred geometry in a package that's inherently free-spirited and endorses innovation and solitary dedication.

it endorses going out and urban landscapes tho

In 10 years you're going to wish you never skated, my knees are fucked along with most of my buddies who I skated with. You might feel unstoppable now but it'll catch up to you. Not just that but concussions and crazy amount of scars. I look like I was in a north Korean prison camp

I don't skateboard, I just acknowledge what Rodney Mullen and his kind have done.