So love's just a trick that makes us reproduce?

So love's just a trick that makes us reproduce?

No.

d u h
u d h
h d u

Yes.

That's only part of the truth

fumb drogposter

CRISPR will save the future generations from it :^)

Memes aren't arguments, just shitposting.

really made me think

Yeah pretty much, but then so is pretty much everything else we experience

Just like 'asshole' CEOs and their partnerships, love is about mutual benefit, or the delusion of such.

The difference between a CEO and a neurotypical person, is cooperation is innate for the neurotypical, because then they retain their sense of safety in numbers.

> So love's just a trick that makes us reproduce?

And make us care for our offspring, our family, community, etc...

IT's not a trick, it's a logical survival instinct.

IT sort of got hijacked though, because love is bad for buisiness.

There is a lot more to love than just that, though.... but it's classified.

I direct you to read Schopenhauer's World as Will and Representation, volume II, chapter XLIV(44)

Not necessarily. Love potentiates pair bonding, which regardless of children, leads to division of labor, sharing of resources, and mutual lowering of stress etc in the organisms.

Part of this in most species, typically, is also sex. Which leads to children. The other aspects improve the children's probability of survival.

So the answer is yes, no, and not necessarily.

mfw I never get tricked sadface.jpg

no as gays fall in love too

Are you the faggot that wrote this?
Stop shitposting about CRISPR for the love of god.

argo argo a=ick icki cicjicjcijc i /pol/ invad sssos os soos os os os

but what about gays and reproducing? can they?
if not....what good are they?

Being horny and an orgasm tricks you into reproduction. Love tricks you into staying with the significant other to raise the little shit.

No. Love is a trick to get you to invest time and energy in a long-term relationship, which makes you more likely to invest time in rearing children.

Lust is a trick to make you reproduce. They're two different things.

>lowering of stress etc in the organisms.

Literally everything is in one way or another

What about waifuism? Is it a bug?

Its more closely connected..
You need to stop listening to your professors and listen to Whitesnake

Animals don't need love to reproduce or raise children. Love is to make us take care of each other and raise children that may or may not belong to you.
Love is evolution's way of saying we'd be better off being cucks if we can't be Chad's.

So curiosity and science were just flukes because it was advantageous for us to use tools and learn to gather resources?

>a trick
why are pessimists always using wordings that actively make everything seem worse. It's because you don't care about truth or reason, you care about expressing your teenage angst.

Its a trick in the sense that it makes you feel likes its profound and meaningful when it really isnt. Its a stimulus that is intended to lead to a specific outcome

This.
I think you need a stim binge or something

Reproduction's just a trick that makes us love.

its your brains neurons telling you to fuck and reproduce m8.

>there is no objective meaning to anything so I'll devalue any and all subjective meaning
May as well kys, m8.

>I love my dog
>I love my close friends
>I reproduce with neither

>Because you don't reproduce with your hand when you masturbate reproduction must have nothing to do with the origin of masturbation

Seriously?

>he thinks this is a game he can win

What?

It's called an analogy. The non-analogy explanation is you're confusing origin of use with use in practice. Just because you don't reproduce with people you love doesn't mean your love didn't originate as a reproductive strategy.

Its more likely a survival strategy...biggest family of chimps rule the jungle

>survival strategy

That's another way of saying "reproductive strategy."

So what you're looking for an answer you already knew or what are hoping to find here

I'm not op. Why did you think I was?

I guess in the sense that having arms is a trick to make us shovel food into our faces more efficiently.

Underrated post

perversion

More like hunger and the pleasure we get from food are tricks to make us provide our bodies with fuel and material

well it wasnt very successful with you now was it ?

He's right but I am believed to think gay people can reproduce. I can't fap to girls.