Where does life begin? Does the "soul" just cling to something, like a spontaneous chemical reaction, and then grow...

Where does life begin? Does the "soul" just cling to something, like a spontaneous chemical reaction, and then grow? Where the fuck does it come from? I am aware of human delusion and human arrogance, but those two things don't explain away the feeling of being alive, and the apparent lack of a good explanation for it. People have claimed that we are basically a computer, but if we were to upload our brain onto a hard drive, I can guarantee that we wouldn't be sentient as a computer program, no matter how much our digital selves try to deny it. I am well aware of neurons having an on and an off function, and the fact that our brains operate like a computer, but there must be something more to it, that we are not yet able to measure. Part of us must exist outside the physical world, maybe even just one simple spark of life.

TL;DR: They call them fingers, but I never see them fing.

Other urls found in this thread:

bookzz.org/s/?q=Burr, WH., Self-Contradictions of the Bible, 1860, reprinted Library of Alexandria, 1987.&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0
bookzz.org/
discord.gg/saSzR
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

read the bible, it will answer all your questions. God breathed his spirit in you

That only raises more questions.

how? all the answers are there. ask me some

Awesome, thanks.

How does an element (or whatever) turn into a lifeform?

Do you understand evolution?
and do you accept that evolution is "real"?

Evolution is a pretty damn good explanation for life being like it is. I think the only things that are disputable are the technicalities at this point.

ok, disclaimer, i am not a specialized scientist by any means lol, just a christian well versed in scripture with a scientific mind.

now, i think most life forms have carbon in them, and God describes his abilities in very simple ways able to be understood by men, so he describes it as making all animal life forms from clay and dust. all plant life forms from the water, and he breathed his spirit into the first human, and he reproduced. like you said there must be something more to it that must exist outside the physical world right?

evolution (biological) only begins after abiogenesis.

That's correct

The second definition would seem to include events prior to abiogenesis though

Sorry, I replied too quickly, I'm not really interested in a sermon. I thought you were just a sciencefag, not a christian.

I can accept the possibility of a god, but every religion I've heard of is full of nonsense, contradictions and human-like character flaws.

That's why he put "biological" in brackets.
Come on senpai, reading comprehension

It was me correcting myself to add a bit more precision.

sermon? i'm not religious, i am just extremely spiritual and scientific. i've seen God and Jesus, i've read the bible front to back, and it has ZERO contradictions. it's real.

Each to their own.

so you're going to continue asking metaphysical questions impossible to answer by atheists but that are answered in the Bible? where is the logic in that.

>it has ZERO contradictions
Oh boy, here we go.

what is math and science without God? who made these patterns and laws of nature?

I already get where "god" comes in, what I'm looking for is a better explanation. I didn't mean to offend, and I appreciate your help, but I'm not interested in hearing about something that I've already debated with myself a million times, and being told to believe something that I just can't without abandoning logic completely.

you will never get an explanation. the "spark of life" is literally hand crafted by God. how is it illogical? isn't it logical to assume that a computer program is created by someone or some"thing" ?

there are 59 pages of this document.

You can find it here
bookzz.org/s/?q=Burr, WH., Self-Contradictions of the Bible, 1860, reprinted Library of Alexandria, 1987.&yearFrom=&yearTo=&language=&extension=&t=0

Burr, WH., Self-Contradictions of the Bible, 1860, reprinted Library of Alexandria, 1987.

bookzz.org/

do you know what a contradiction is? i'm ignoring these because they aren;t contradictions

You can't prove that, we can't even measure that. It's an assumption. Basically, if you want to believe in something enough, you start reading between the lines when there is nothing there.

>i'm ignoring these because they aren;t contradictions

>ignoring these
like a stereotypical theist

> they aren;t contradictions
like a stereotypical retard

>tips fedora

>implying I don't believe in God
>implying I don't just think the bible is a document lacking historicity

>tips 6000year young earth

OP if you want to talk about abiogenesis, evolution, consciousness, etc, then you may find the sci discord a good place to avoid circle jerks and trolling

discord.gg/saSzR

there is. have you even smoked marijuana and talked to/listened to God? have you ever taken mushrooms, peyote?

so are you muslim then? do you realize only islam and judeo-christianity promote one God?

This is a better topic.

I've tried a small amount of acid, but I didn't like it too much, the best experience I had was on DXM. I've smoked a bit of weed here and there.

I've actually been psychotic more than once, and I've definitely experienced my own delusion. I learned a lot of things afterwards, from things I did and thought about, but nothing left me believing in god, that was always temporary.

synthetic drugs will only lead you to satan. take the natural God made "drugs" and he makes himself pretty apparent to you.

i used to smoke weed and pray a lot, and my prayers were so obviously answered. i'd hear my own voice in my head, and let it float around asking God to lead my voice, and next thing you know i would gravitate to whatever i was praying about. and THINGS would gravitate to ME about what i was praying about. i don;t do mushrooms or other natural occuring drugs except opium synthetics, because i am fearful and i know my fragile ego and spiritual nature cannot handle seeing God face to face.

now people will just claim like "oh it's your subonscious" well, it is, but that's what God is. after all, your spirit is a part of God's breath.

Interesting that you mention the subconscious actually, that's another mystery that I'm puzzled about. I've definitely considered the possibility that it could be influenced by a god, or anything really.

the bible claims that God has planned everything that will happen long long ago. i believe this could be our subconscious being. people say like "oh but free will", tell me, do you have free will in your dreams? it appears that way, but you're really just doing what you are programmed to do. now you have to understand that God loves you, and he only made you so you can find him. in the end, your soul will be happy if it finds God, he didn't make you to act like an asshole and hedonist, that's how satan influences you. i understand this seems like blind faith, but i'm quite convinced it is real. after all, i've visually seen him and physically heard/felt him. as have plenty others. we are humans, not animals. God's spirit is what makes us human