Now before you hurl insults at me, i am a bible literalist, creationist, christian, etc etc

now before you hurl insults at me, i am a bible literalist, creationist, christian, etc etc.

i'm starting to think the outer space is not what we think it is. i think earth might actually be flat, or not a globe. can anyone 100% disprove to me that the earth is a globe?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZECezMYug8c
popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuler_tuning
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

How do you know that when you fly to france, it really is france and not something else someone is telling you

so you've been to space?

anyone?

the earth is flat

you think so?

What is outer space to you, then, if it isn't what we think it is?

Why don't you 100% prove that the earth is flat? Why are you putting the burden on others?

What is your theory on the nature of outer space?

i am not entirely sure, but what i am confident in, is that the distances explained to us of celestial bodies aren't true. polaris is not 4 quadrillion miles away i'm sure of it. outer space might not even be reachable by humans, i think the world elite tried and failed, i think the stars are meant to guide us, and the moon and stars lighting up the day and night. the book of enoch (adam's grandson) explains what these things are, i haven't read it yet though.

also, i think the great pyramid was built by Adam and his descendents before the flood as a witness to God. i'm aware i sound crazy

>can anyone 100% disprove to me that the earth is a globe?
No, because it is a globe.

You are also aware that the Bible is not a credible source of evidence for anything that relates to this board. Correct? You can't disprove astrophysics with feelings. Also, none of the people here are astrophysicists with access to data/equipment/enough time to hold your hand through proving that science is right.

i'm aware it isn't credible to this board, which is why i put a disclaimer in my OP...and i can disprove astrophysicism with feelings, which is how sorcery/magic/divination happens. i am from the carribean islands and have seen voodoo first hand, it's a crazy thing. spirituality is real, it's what separates us from all other animals

What cracks me up is how creationist/literalists go out and attack entirely the wrong branches of science when they decide to throw down, like astrophysics, astronomy, cosmology, etc.

You want to deal with a scientific challenge nearer and dearer to your own turf, that may actually enlighten you to your holy book and your beliefs? Go argue with the ARCHAEOLOGISTS who routinely dig up evidence that the supposedly infallible word of God has changed radically through the millennia, and is heavily grounded in preceding religions, myths and traditions...

youtube.com/watch?v=ZECezMYug8c

argue with people who carbon date the shit archaeologists give to 'em.

>carbon dating
:^)

i'm not attacking science at all. i love science. i'm aware archaelogy is all misguided. i just want proofs that the earth is a globe. without space pictures

Go sky diving and see for yourself

well i've been 40,000 feet in the air, and i haven't seen any roundness.

You've never looked to the horizon when 40,000 feet up and seen that the earth looks like a flat disc?

>i just want proofs that the earth is a globe.

Circumnavigate the globe, using two different routes, then ask yourself how the fuck we could be living on a giant projection map the elites are hiding from us, if the distances actually work out exactly according to what we round-earth theorists expect...this would be impossible without a spherical shape.

i've only seen a flat plane still, never any visual indication that it is a globe

well, isn't the globe map just a version of the flat map put on a globe? i can't circumnavigate the globe, but people have been sailing for years while thinking the earth was flat.

>implying you automatically don't do a 180 when you hit the end of the map

I can't believe you are all eating this up

0/10 b8 m8

popsci.com/10-ways-you-can-prove-earth-is-round

> i can disprove astrophysicism with feelings
no dude, you canĀ“t

how do you explain voodoo and santeria then?

Prove what? That blacks and latinos make funny faces and peculiar movements when they hear a rhythmic beat?

is that what you think it is?

i guess no one takes this seriously enough to reply lol

> i can't circumnavigate the globe, but people have been sailing for years while thinking the earth was flat.
That's a myth created a couple hundred years ago to illustrate how quaint life was a couple hundred years before that and how much better off contemporary life was, kind of like how we believe people a couple hundred years ago all died at about forty.

I mean, I'm sure some people thought it was flat, but those people probably didn't give it much thought or relied on that knowledge. Those who did though, they knew the Earth was round, and approximately how big the Earth was for a couple thousand years at least.

it's not a myth, heliocentrism wasn't a thing until 1500, greeks thought the earth was a globe based on their math which could also line up on a flat earth, not everyone in the world, and a lot still thought it was flat. people used the stars to navigate the earth, not the roundness of it.

>heliocentrism wasn't a thing until 1500
got nothing to do with round earth
You know why those old religious maps look like a T in an O? It means Orbis Terrarum, not Ebinus Flatus Terrarum.
Anybody who sails know the Earth is round, because the horizon is right fucking there.

but the horizon never curves. and howcome objects that are supposed to be hidden by the curve aren't actually hidden?

Do you know how they navigated using the stars? It's not as easy as "follow that star!!" and implicitly requires the assumption that the Earth is round.

But they are. You leave the short and after a while it looks like it sinks in and that's it.
>inb4 but how come I can see X at a distance Y
doesn't matter to our ancient sailor, he still sees shit disappearing under the horizon.

but isn't that due to perspective and illusion? human eyes cannot see that far. our eyes are pretty weak and things more than like 5 miles away wouldn't be noticeable in our vision

but how..you just memorize the constellations in relation to the north star

People in the northern hemisphere see different stars than people in the southern hemisohere, and vice verse. This includes two different celestial poles abour which the stars in that hemisphere appear to orbit. This proves the earth is round, as a domes roof over a disk would wouldn't demonstrate this.

Put down the bible, and pick up a textbook.

>human eyes cannot see that far
yes they can. You can clearly see other ships sink into the horizon if you're not myopic, or if you have any sort of optics device.

>you just memorize the constellations in relation to the north star
and their position in the sky changes notably
also no you don't "just memorize constellations in relation to the north star", that would give you no information, you use a fucking sextant to measure their elevation.

yea but my point is that hey disappear

how do we see different start but see the same sun and moon in relatively the same spot as the northern hemisphere? and the souther hemisphere picture doesn't have a star that the rest rotate around

>yea but my point is that hey disappear
they disappear by the bottom, they don't plop out of existence

Quit arguing over this trite shit,
The earth is fucking flat and we could dominate global telecommunications with one radio tower
Call up all your flat rather friends and tell them to build a tower and you can put AT&T, T-Mobile and w.e they use in Europe out of business with one tower. We could be rich but we need to buy a radio tower

that doesn't imply curvature to me, i'd expect to see the front part disappear , not just the bottom disapper in unison. also would expect to see a slight outward tilt

>that doesn't imply curvature to me
thankfully you'll never be in command of a ship either

i have been lol, just a small boat but never even thought about the curve..not once.

how do u know its flat?

Quit arguing with these retards and help me dominate global telecommunications.
These telecommunication companies are retarded for actually buying multiple radio towers when the earth is flat and there is no curvature to the earth. In fact: we could service the entire planet with one radio tower.

If the Earth was flat, first off the "horizon" would always be at eye level, no matter how high you climb on the mast. And it would be extremely blurry.
And ships in the distance would never disappear, you would cease to be able to make them out.

lol will we get rich?

but the horizon always is at eye level... just the distance stretches and you can see further. and yea they can disappear because our visual perspective planes get smaller and smaller, it's all like optical

>
>how do u know its flat?
We can prove the earth is flat if you'd just erect a radio tower in the other side of the planet and we can communicate directly with one another.
I'm in America, you get to Affrica and build that tower.

>but the horizon always is at eye level
Have you ever used a sextant?

>and yea they can disappear
no they can't, you would slowly cease to be able to resolve them

How could you make a tower tall enough to go above all the mountains?

Atmospheric lensing makes it impossible to see the whole disc while in atmosphere.

Didn't you ever hear of a mirage?

Put it on the Everest.

>
>lol will we get rich?
If you keep the earth being flat a secret everyone in this thread is gonna be rich as shit. We can't let AT&T know they're absolute morons

what is that

but what are you talking about? the ground is a fixed plane, even airplanes disappear from vision, and they aren't being obscured by the ground

Not true, atmospheric lensing would still bend the light, even if the earth was flat you can't see forever. Eventually the bottoms of boats will disappear, and then the entire boats

>and they aren't being obscured by the ground
If they are far enough they are. But the chances of that happening without having clouds in the way is low.

>what is that
An instrument to measure angles so you don't say shit like "the horizon is at eye level"

Look up Eratosthenes he calculated the circumference of the earth with no modern tools. The experiment he performed is easy to replicate.

Show calculation and/or picture.

His experiment assumes that the earth is round, so it doesn't prove it...

What is a mirage?

Warmer air close to the ground projects distant images, cooler air closer to the ground hides nearer objects.

airplanes would disappear even if they aren't passing the ground plane..also i dont see how a sextant would show how the horizon lowered

i've learned you can get teh same results on a flat earth

Show calculation and/or picture.
There won't be any lensing if you're on a flat earth looking at an object at the same altitude, brother

>also i dont see how a sextant would show how the horizon lowered
>look at the horizon
>it's not actually at eye level
>get buttblasted

Also I love how you stopped responding to the star chart line of thought because your monkey brain shuts off when presented with evidence you can't handwave away.

Shitty smelly troll/10

Even if you have a flat earth that won't change atmospheric conditions. You will have striations of different temperature air so you will have lensing.

Only if you assume all the air and the ground are the same temperature will you have no lensing

They tried that long ago - the Tower of Babel - God didn't like it and got pissed.

No one has tried that approach since then.

Ah but then that kind of random lensing wouldn't product a "horizon like " effect, unless you were in very specific conditions (with some sort of temperature drop between you and the object being observed I guess?)

but it is though lol..even in an airplan horizon is eye level

i made this thread because i haven't seen ireefuteable proof that earth is a globe, if you don't count space agency pictures

>but it is though lol..even in an airplan horizon is eye level
Have you ever measured it?

no, i eyeball it. sextants mesaure angles not horizons. besides, let's say i don't eyeball it, howcome airline pilots have to keep the airplane's wings level on the horizon? and even being up in a plane, if the horizon isn't at eye level, it's like 2 millimeters lower than being on the ground

>no, i eyeball it.
I see you are being very thorough and honest in your quest for evidence
>sextants mesaure angles not horizons
>howcome airline pilots have to keep the airplane's wings level on the horizon?
Is this more bullshit you just made up? Anyway pilots don't keep level by looking at their wings but by using their gyroscope.
>if the horizon isn't at eye level, it's like 2 millimeters lower than being on the ground
First off it's measure in angle, not distances. Second it's still significant.

this thing

mm sorry i don't think the horizon lowers the higher you go. it doesn't appear that way. even if you measure it by angle, the horizon line is always there

>i don't think
Well then what are you gonna do about it, put your beliefs to the test? All it takes is a weighted protractor.

This is a gyroscope, not a fucking visual representation of the wings. Is this what being trolled feels like?

but that doesn't measure curve! you just assume based on fancy math and angles. there's no observable curve.

and yea, gyroscope, that is the horizon, pilots have to keep it steady on the horizon

>but that doesn't measure curve! you just assume based on fancy math and angles. there's no observable curve.
Don't change the subject. Horizon isn't at eye level. I didn't say you would measure a curvature.

>and yea, gyroscope, that is the horizon, pilots have to keep it steady on the horizon
It has nothing to do with the wings dumbo, you can fly a helicopter with fancy diagonal rotors and you'll still use the same gyro you dumb shit.

i was just visualizing the wings, i didn't mean the actual wings, i mean you have to keep the wings level, and look at the horizon. and yea, horizon is at eye level, it never lowers, it stays the same no matter how high you go, it never gets lower

Well then what are you gonna do about it, put your beliefs to the test? All it takes is a weighted protractor.

If the planet is flat, then why do airplanes come equipped with Schuler Tuning?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schuler_tuning