Hand it over

#rare #smiling DFW coming through

Here's my that face when!

I'm glad he cut his hair

>face

??????????

its the f in "tfw" or "mfw" stands for feel not face fucking reddit

how's it rare?
you just go to the video on youtube and screencap some random moment and then endlessly shitpost with it and be sure to name the file something like DFW278 so some retarded idiot thinks you're an autist who has hundreds of them

Is it really good or just a meme? Is it worth my money?

Not a rare one yet

FUCK

LOL

Was he happy?

That's not the only thing he cut short

why are you guys posting pics of sam hyde

no, it originally stands for face in mfw you bloody summer

sorry buddy but i've been here for a whole year and mfw = my face when and tfw = their face when.

It's a thousand pages, has thousands of people claiming to have read it, and hasn't led to a single discussion of whatever the hell it had to say or any of its characters. You do the math.

>and hasn't led to a single discussion of whatever the hell it had to say or any of its characters

lets do it now
what the hell did Infinite Jest had to say?

carrot on the stick mentality is bad
suicide is ok sometimes (jump off building to avoid burning alive type of feeling)
facetime distances people from each other

is this rare? it makes me smile. i only recognize him franzen and zadie

Don't look at me.

I bet it's just a big fat platitude about "don't waste your life on entertainment, every moment counts, we need boredom for silent self-reflection" that doesn't deserve 1000 pages.

Which is fine. It's ridiculous to think that a novel can contain any practical knowledge about life and how to live it. But don't you dare tell David "1000 page novel" Foster "is this making any sense?" Wallace that.

this one was from sci

need more college days dfw

I personally found it to be pretty good. However, since it is such a massive meme around here and everyone seems to have a different opinion on it, it would probably be better for you to just buy it and form your own opinions on it.

sexy dave.

It's mostly about different kinds of addiction, obviously drugs and alcohol, addiction to entertainment, etc. but really about how our need for fulfillment pervades every aspect of our lives. Every single character is missing something in their lives, attains what they thought they wanted, and there life changes for better or for worse. Some things, like friendship and love and human connections yadayada are made for better or for worse, and connections with entertainment are also made with mixed results. This complicates the all to easy moral that "technology is bad," and "human connection is good." The main characters father both becomes obsessed with entertainment to the pint of losing out on life, while also creating a masterpiece (the movie infinite jest). The main character makes a meaningful connection with his father beyond the grave, but loses his skill at tennis to marijuana. We see that it is up to the individual to create their own happiness, making responsible choices. DFW DOES NOT THINK TECH IS BAD

Infinite Jest sits in the tradition of novels that try to capture a "whole", like Ulysses or Gravity's Rainbow or 1Q84, and Wallace seems to posit that it is impossible for anyone to grasp every detail of their own lives. The novel also has a ton to say about the state of literature itself, mostly that many authors now are consumed with how they are viewed instead of with their writing. This is done mostly through the tennis players, who are many times connected through metaphor to storytelling and myth making.

picture irrelevant

tldr: discussions around Infinite Jest have been extremely common and nuanced

cool story, bro

>doing the virgin stand

The guy was an asshole but shouldnt have died like that, I feel bad for dfw

sweet friend.

RARITIES VERSION, NO FILTER

how can one person be so oblivious to their fashion?

is called autism

was he a fuckin manlet?
D R O P P E D

I read somewhere he was like six foot two. Is Franzen really that tall?

good god why did his eyes look so fucking dead all the time
did someone ever give a hug to this guy?

her didn't die like "that" , he chose to end his life, are you retarded?
why would you feel bad about dave killing himself? you're disgusting

>dat file name

He's not disgusting, but dfw seemed disgusting from what I've heard.

If only he'd applied his life-philosophy to the manuscript of Infinite Jest...

dude, there were like hundreds of threads

it's not so superficial and limp-dick a theme as that kiddo. a bit more nuanced.

Not him but,
I've been here for years and I can't name a single character or plot line or theme.

Isn't that eugenides on the far right?

#rare #dontsteal

hes a big guy

Here's a poem. It's called "horse on glass roof seen from below"

U U

U U

Here's "male horse on a glass roof seen from below"
U U
I
U U

Anyone got any good .jigg moving pics style pics?

is that the fucking music has the right to children wall?

kek

eugenides ln far right, franzen next to dfw

>zadie was just standing there and then a 4cgan meetup surrounds here

holy shit, where is this from?

sTOP

rareeee

thats a big gif

aweelad

obvs not hes in front of water not mountains

For you.

Got a fresh high res DFW for y'all

Dat face when

Why did Harold Bloom never explain himself on why he didn't like Infinite Jest?

nigga lookin like chris angel

I feel like DFW would make fun of me if he met me in person. Like he would look into my eyes and immediately determine that I'm pathetic. That I'm not good enough for people of his intellectual ability and think I'm better than my working class peers. I hate myself.

If I read Infinite Jest by next year will my vocab be good enough for a perfect GRE verbal?

I remember some user green texting a huge wall of what was going on in his head in this gif.

It was funny

Does anybody happen to have that "Big Dave" screencap on hand?

Best I've seen in 2016

Yes, and none of them had any analysis.

here it is

Thanks for confirming what he just said.

Anyone got the DFW copypastas on hand?

Are you guys ironing?