I have some mediocre salmon to bake. Any suggestions on how to prepare it/what to eat with it...

I have some mediocre salmon to bake. Any suggestions on how to prepare it/what to eat with it? I have some rice and various spices and a store nearby

Light salt and pepper, cook over coals.

Salmon and rice is all you need, compadre. You really can't go wrong with the combination of carbs and protein

Herb, corn and pepper chutney.

God I love grilled salmon.

Side of potato wedges with butter garlic aioli.

Yeah, if you hate flavour.

Please go back to Veeky Forums

It's snowing outside :'(

And how exactly does that stop you from grilling?

Fuck yo rice brah. If skin on, sear, then turn down heat and finish by basting with butter and some curry-ish spices, and serve with a little yogurt that you herbed up (maybe get frisky with some fresh oregano instead of the typical dill or whatever). If skin off, oven bake in parchment packet with fennel and whatever the fuck you want. I'd do some roast potatoes with either, potentially tossed with brown butter.

>butter garlic aioli
>garlic aioli

Do you also enjoy mustard seed mustard and chickpea hummus?

Aioli is sauce made out of garlic. Stop calling it garlic aioli.

I had mediocre salmon the other day as well.

I dried it with a paper towel, seasoned with a pinch of salt and pepper. Then I fried it in sunflower oil and put mango salsa over it when it was done, and has sides of brown rice and some steamed broccoli.

lots of fresh dill

Cook on the grill and then make a sandwich with lettuce and mayo

I want to severely annoy brits but then I realize they'll go "oh that's fine go ahead and do that."

Even online they won't express their emotions. It's why Americans and Aussies are like "well did you hear about mayo on your fish and fucking it?"

It's not that we don't like you, we just want your banter.

Sorry was busy getting cash out of the ATM machine while drinking some wet water

I'll say it anyways-

Americans have the best Christmas turkeys.

>this turkey is so moist Jane
>it's kill myself dry
>Americans used decade-old techniques to make it moist

>Aw Jane the stuffing is so good
>Jane is retarded and put raisins in it, yay Britain

What are you even saying. I get the feeling you're a native speaker, but it's really fucking hard to understand what you're saying. It's like you're talking nonsense.

If I get raisins in my stuffing I will leave. This isn't raisin bread.

Stuffing should by savory and decadent. I make Montana stuffing and that means BUTTER, HOLDINGS FROM THE TURKEY AND DELICIOUS. No fuckoff raisins or bullshit. If you have any ideas otherwise about the stuffing I'm not coming. We like...No. If I make the stuffing it is going to be that everyone loves it. Bread, butter, and that's it.

If it is truly mediocre, you can try one of my standby solutions and mix a little bit of cheap Italian Salad Dressing, soy sauce, and powdered ginger in a frying pan and heating until viscous, then throwing the fish in and teasing it apart until all pieces are cooked and coated in the dark brown goo.

It's really fucking magnificent over the top of rice or salad.

BREAD, BUTTER, SALT.

I personally guarantee that I will fucking destroy you on any recipe. I'm not from Vermont but my family is. I could DAMAGE you in cooking.

>how come my bread pudding recipe got fucked?
>his French Toast Recipe detroyed me!

I took everything (as a guy) from my mother (western Montana) and my Grandmother (Canada/Northern Vermont) and can kill people in cooking.

You can't beat this. Bitch try.

Are you in the wrong thread?

Probably.

Salmon is done before it's even pink but they're from a place that's never fished a sockeye.

Oops.

this

learn to fucking write man

Teriyaki glazed salmon is pretty good it's what i'm about to cook.

My favorite way to grill salmon is on cedar planks. It comes out amazing. If you have time, try this recipe and I guarantee you'll love it, it almost tastes like dessert.

Mix 1/2 cup sea salt, 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, a generous amount of fresh ground black pepper, and 4 cups water in a big Pyrex or other dish that will hold it. Try to get the mixture relatively dissolved and consistent. Take your salmon filets and submerge them in this brine. Take a smaller pyrex dish and set it on top of the filets so they're submerged and sandwiched between the glass. Put the whole thing in the fridge for at least 3 hours.

Soak your cedar planks in water while the fish brines. This will probably require a heavy-ish object placed on top of the planks to keep them submerged. I just use a bowl filled with more water to make it heavier.

Get a handful of wood chips (I really like pecan wood but any fragrant wood chips will work) and let them soak in water as well.

When you're ready to grill, take the filets out of the brine and put them skin-down on individual cedar wood planks. Rub the filets with brown sugar and black pepper, coating them really well - including the underside. Top each filet with a slice of lemon and a sprig of thyme.

Heat up one side of your grill nice and hot and put the other side on medium-low heat. Put your wood chips on the hotter side of the grill and get them smoking. Put your cedar plank filets on the cooler side. Grill and smoke for about 20-25 minutes or until the fish is glazed a beautiful golden color and the sugar has caramelized. The lemon and thyme will be a little toasted if you did it right.

Remove from grill and serve with some coconut basmati rice and perhaps a good hoppy IPA. Enjoy the best grilled fish you've ever had.

Pic related

This. I like dill, fresh squeezed lemon juice and black pepper.