Which vodka is best vodka? I really enjoy pic related. I'm not really a fan of Smirnoff...

Which vodka is best vodka? I really enjoy pic related. I'm not really a fan of Smirnoff. I've heard that Grey Goose is good, but I haven't tried it.

Maybe I'm just a pleb, but I can't get into vodka. I love beer, wine, and ale, but vodka just tastes like rubbing alcohol to me. How do I get into vodka?

Veil is really good inexpensive option. Not sure if it's local or not. Living in MN

I just get titos at bars. I'm sure there's better at the liquor store if you want to spend more money

I used to be the same way. I would drink it just to get fucked up, but then I started enjoying it. If you don't like the flavor, drink it ice cold, like as cold as you can get it, and drink it fast and in small ammounts, like shots. Try to miss your tongue completely and make it go straight down your throat.
Eventually, you might start to enjoy the taste. If not, vodka isn't for you.

I hate the way all liquor tastes but I like to get drunk and vodka is somehow less bad than anything else. So I just drink taaka because it's cheaper and good vodka still tastes like shit. Probably gonna start butt chugging it soon if I can figure out how to do it

Stoli, hands down

Ketel one

yeah, don't do that. that can kill you.

I've only ever drank regular stoli

are any of the flavors worth it?

Luksusowa

>Luksusowa
This. Or maybe Chopin.

They are all mostly the same

I'll drink svedka because it's not russian.

I don't buy russian products

what kind of doggo this

had absolut once, liked it more than smirnoff

I like grey goose for mixed drinks because yo can make it pretty strong without getting that overpowering alcohol taste that you normally get with a stiff drink

Pyccкий Cтaндapть Imperia
Khortytsya Platinum
Пyтинкa
That Polish grass one

Plastic handle tier: Skol
Cheap tier: Seagram's
Everyday tier: Kettle One
As nice as I'm willing to go for vodka tier: Chopin

That's for what's available in the States. I've tried some pretty nice Russian vodka while abroad that isn't imported here.

Poorfags and God-tier alike: all you need is Barton Vodka and a Brita filter. Run it through 6 times. It's beautifully smooth, and you will never waste money on overpriced vodka ever again.

though I admit, I'm a sucker for a good potato- or grape-based vodka. Chopin, Luksusowa, and Uvix treated me the best.

Doesn't that destroy the filter, as in, reduce its overall usage significantly? Those filters are kind of expensive.

Not that user but yes, it's not really worth the price of the filters unless you're getting them for dirt cheap somewhere.

You can also just buy activated charcoal and filter large amounts of the cheap shit at one time but with the time investment you're bordering on diminishing returns IMO.

Most vodka is pretty close in quality from my experience compared to other types of liquor. There's not as much of a difference between cheap and expensive vodka compared to, say, cheap and expensive gin.

How so? Obviously I wouldn't butt chug a whole bottle, I'd just try like a shot.

Vodka sucks dude. There’s a reason pretty much nobody drinks it by itself

Sobieski is the best brand ive found, usually about $21 a handle, and quite smooth and neutral and less burn-y than most. Could be the rye or just polish wisdom. Good balance between cheap and expensive and doesn't give shitty hangovers like lower brands.

yup. every flavor taste great, even the honey one. taste like a beehive and not sickeningly sweet. very good.

russian standard is the best. great when room temp or cold. sobieski is too harsh when you need to cry at 6 am.

>activated charcoal
But are your almonds activated?

Beluga and Russian standard

Not the same user but absorption rates make it stupid easy to get alcohol poisoning

>wouldn't butt chug a whole bottle, I'd just try like a shot.

I read somewhere just a few (two?) shot glasses can be deadly because it goes into your blood bypassing the liver. No joke.

Sky vodka is best vodka

Do people drink vodka straight?

Yes, but it can be hard to find in small stores. Three Olives is english wheat vodka and about the same price as Sobieski. Of course Costco French wheat vodka is first choice.

i like gordon's and sobieski. they're pretty bottom shelf, too. svedka and finlandia are shit. smirnoff is absolute shit. stoli and ketel one are nice but only if i can feel assed to spend 20-25 of a fifth. for some reason, luksosowa is on sale a lot at the grocery i go to, so i drink that pretty often. tito's is nice, too.

hey and if you're an americunt with access to a costco, the kirkland's american vodka is great and something like $13 per handle

Skyy is overpriced drivel, the only thing it has going for it is the bottle.

Always preferred Absolut and Skyy.....but honestly smirnoff is the best value......Grey Goose is shit tier vodka with a good marketing department

>Do people drink vodka straight?
I'm hardcore degenerate alcoholic. I drink 750ml of whiskey a day......people who drink vodka straight are the next step of degenerate alcoholic past me.....typically on deaths doorstep from liver failure

Was about to write this, although I got shitfaced really hard the night I drank it, it was the best vodka I'd tasted. I always drink vodka straight but this one I actually enjoyed. If I ever do drink again it'll be luksusowa

Everyone here needs to stop being pretentious lying faggots who say they can pick out all the tiny differences between vodkas like a fucking gas chromatography–mass spectrometry test.
You cant. And every single one tastes like ass, because ethanol itself tastes like ass. Its a vile burning sensation that is universally hated by our very biology.
Please stop being such huge faggots and saying you love vodka and any one brand is vastly better. You're fooling yourselves buying brand loyalty and marketing bullshit, its the drunken buzz that you enjoy, not the act of tasting it. Are you really that stupid?

Shots or with soda, whatever really

Is vodka and OJ the most dangerous drink? It can be 50/50 and you can barely tell there's alcohol in it.

I'm sorry, but can I get a few /thread-a-roonies on this?

Yeah, I'm an addict though.

straight and at room temperature is the best way to drink vodka

Standard 4 lyf

What's the best vodka for around $30 a handle at the government liquor store?

I usually pay $23 for a handle of New Amsterdam. It's just alright I guess.

Yes. Preferably out of a mug, with leftover anchovy pizza.

yeah stoli is solid

stoli peach is delicious

>x brand vodka is good
>especially the peach flavor

Way to immediately invalidate your opinion, user.

Anything thats been distilled more then once is not going to be good. Thats a good rule of thumb. Only reason to distill more then once is because the liquor company is buying low quality product. Low quality starter=low quality booze.

Nah Salmiakki Koskenkorva is. It tastes completely like a certain brand of candy which lead to it even being banned for a while since teenagers would drink it, not realizing it was 38% alcohol they were downing (with obvious results).

>having opinions on taste is bad!

I do and I chase it w chocolate milk.

I like Tito's.

I like Tito's. Most vodkas taste very similar to me though.

Alberta Pure if you are a leaf.

someone here has a good taste [in movies]

there are people in this thread right now that
>will mix vodka with water/coke/other pussy juice
>buy cheapest vodka and dont cool it down in fridge
>dont cool down vodka
>drink vodka from fucking mugs
>mix vodka with coke (just stop)
>drink beer then vodka and wonder why they vomit their shit out
>think enything below 40% is still vodka
>buy cheap lethal shit instead of superior premium slav wódka
>die from drinking cheap lethal vodka

Ethanol itself is tasteless you fucking wannabe distiller degenerate faggot. If you can't distinguish differences in taste between your top shelf charcoal filtered, 7x, carbon treated, organic, ect and your bottom shelf Karkov shit then you have shit taste.

>750ml of whiskey a day
How are you still alive?

That isn't even very much.

Veil is a good 5x vodka. For an even cheaper substitute UV Vodka is surprisingly good. Also try pic related. All three made in MN.

I've seen someone post that in the alcky thread sometime ago. Is that you user?

Not him but...I can go thru that within one evening. And I usually do...

The worst? If I don't drink it under 2 hours max I don't get enough of a buzz to sleep that night.

Yes. It kills the taste and settles my stomach. Also chocolate milk is delicious.

this stuff is pretty decent
i like the bottle more than i like the vodka
and now i use the smaller one as my water bottle.

For the money stoli is great - I can almost drink it neat. That said there is no such thing as good vodka as vodka is not the sort of spirit that can be made well without laods of additional flavours.

Literally does not taste like alcohol at all and is 50% abv, I could kill myself on this stuff desu

A fifth a day is a ridiculous amount.

dis nigga knows what's up

for me it's the pepper vodka, the best stoli bottle.

heard something similar about inhaling alcohol, but you can't really bypass the liver because it filters blood, not food AFAIK.

The problem is that directly putting something in your blood removes the trusty old possibility of puking the shit out so you don't get alcohol poisoning.

Um, not really. You must be new here.

I don't care if it's normal in al/ck/y threads it's still a ridiculous amount and you're going to need a new liver sooner than later.

>I'm a tasteless pigfucker

A fifth a day is about the maximum amount that's -relatively- safe to consume. It's the standard for alcoholics.

>polish grass one
Oddka?

I'd guess Zubrowka.

if you drink a bottle a day you are by definition an alcoholic, though you still could be a functional one

seek help while you still can

Some good shit right here, mixes really well with 7up, too

Most alcoholics work up to that amount at some point. Attend an AA meeting some time and talk to some before you climb up on a no nothing platform. Some go for a long time consuming that quantity and even hold jobs in any career and profession you can name.

Will they die younger than average if they do it for a couple of decades? Probably. But you could just as easily die randomly from gun violence at an incredibly higher rate than the rest of the world by walking out your front door tomorrow, if you live in america.

Why not just buy shit if you're going to just mix it with shit?

>almost 2017
>pretending to like vodka
Come on guys, youre not in high school anymore

I like vodka on the rocks.

Nah, fuck off underageb&

Tito's is good but I cannot justify spending over $20 on vodka when it's just going into bloody maries anyway

What if I just filter it through dirt?

Grey Goose and especially Ciroc taste much better than the midtier stuff. Not worth buying regularly but as a gift they're great.

The mid tier stuff all basically taste the same. Smirinoff wins all kinds of awards but I think its the worst of the midtiers.
Once you're below $18~ a bottle its all gonna taste pretty bad and will only work mixed drinks with a strong flavor.

>try to do everything possible to prevent you from tasting it
>Eventually, you might start to enjoy the taste

russian standard for price to taste ratio
t. alcoholic

found you faggot.

Sorry, I've since moved.

almost every vodka cocktail could be improved with another spirit

major exceptions being espresso martinis and black/white russians and that's just because it lets the coffee flavour take precedence

a lot of high end places like death and co. wont even stock the stuff

that said, ketel one and zubrowka are as good as they get imo

i will always have a special place in my heart for this stuff

I don't think ever lived anywhere where there wasn't a better option within a dollar or two for a handle of that swill.

it gets the job done for cheap even if its a little rough, just like your mom

>missing the point

a dollar or two adds up after a while, you might be privileged enough to afford not aristocrat but there was a time when i was not

Lukosawa

Fun fact his vodka is made from grapes
Not potatoes