Hi Veeky Forums, I like to think you're smarter than /pol/...

Hi Veeky Forums, I like to think you're smarter than /pol/, and I am curious who you are voting for (or would vote for) in the upcoming US election and why.

Other urls found in this thread:

taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan
taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Trump because I'm tired of nation not fulfilling its side of the contract with citizen.

true intellectuals such as myself will vote for Jill Stein

Not voting.

Jesse Ventura

Gary Johnson.
Solely because i was a jeb bush supporter and he fulfills my need for a moderate without scandals in this election.

Being moderate is for cucks :)

Nigga I'm still on Greek plays I haven't even started reading about democracy.

>bourgeois elections

Americucks out

I'm not American but I'd vote for Trump.

Clinton, because I'm not insane.

Stein because opting out of 2psys

I'm an unironic #cruzmissle

WTF I hate sanders now!

>monarchs
>presidents
>dictators
>autocrats of any kind

ESTABLISH THE PEOPLE'S COMMONWEALTH NOW

Jill Stein. She won't waste tax payer money on foreign wars, her environmental policy is radical enough to make a difference, and she's not a crazy religious nut. Also she's the only candidate in the election willing to take a stand against consumer capitalism.

praise kek!

This. If you really want the policies Stein advocates and you realize that she won't win, Clinton is an obvious choice. She won't change anything radically but at least Sanders and Stein will still have platforms, while under Trump they wouldn't get anything meaningful done.

Any other vote is a vote for Trump which I find to be the equivalent of a political tantrum.

There is potential in this election cycle to establish once and for all that one does not need to choose between a giant douche and a cunt sandwich: this is why one must vote third party.

The DNC kind of committed voter fraud though.

Primary rules are archaic and weird and stupid, but Clinton did not cheat. She had the support of the party, but they are a group of people who are allowed to make choices of influence.

That's a lie Republicans spread into the Sanders camp to fuck over Hillary.

>mfw a Trump supporter thinks I'm voting for Clinton because I don't know how fucked she and the dems are and not in spite of it

At this point it's either the same corrupted, law transcending corporatists or Trump. I'm electing the former because I don't want to see commotion and upheaval within the country. The entire argument concerning any legality is invalid because any politician or businessperson of Trump or Hillary's calibre has likely contravened on several occasions by virtue of their station. Trump's refused to rent to black people, and after the Justice Department ruled against him, he still refused.

I'm against democratic elections so it doesn't matter who I vote for. Yes, let's let all the ignorant sheep vote for a bunch of random people who are all against each other and actively harm the country just to make the other side look bad instead of having a single decision maker who was born into ruling and groomed their entire life by experts (like the previous ruler who ruled their entire life).

Donald Trump.

He's more fun.

Johnson. I think the inability of the American populace to vote on principle has lead to a race to the bottom in two party politics, the results of which we're seeing now. As a result, I feel compelled to stand on principle regardless of the outcome, even though it may lead to serious negative consequences for me as a minority of intentionally unspecified nature.

Johnson is mathematically capable of winning as well, which means Stein (who isn't) isn't even worth considering. It's the only reasonable course of action besides penciling in Bernie Sanders, which I would no longer do anyway due to his treachery.

I would never vote for someone as corrupt and manipulated by external interests like Hillary Clinton, I'd rather let the country go out in a blaze of fire... unless the other candidate was Donald Trump.

yeah but I don't live in a swing state anyways, so practically speaking why shouldn't I vote 3rd party?

It's cute when people try to think.

>besides penciling in Bernie Sanders, which I would no longer do anyway due to his treachery.
Because he endorsed Clinton? Can you explain to a pleb what the big deal is? He lost the nominee, so he expressed his opinion that Hillary was the next best choice? Or am I missing something?

Call me an idealist, but it irritates me that they get away with corruption and americans don't care just because "well everyone does it lol"

If you want to get experimental, you vote Trump.

For maintaining status quo vote Hillary

>what does he mean by this

He said that it wasn't about him, that it was about creating a movement. He then turns around and endorses the status quo, a candidate who represents everything the movement was against.

if you're about to be an expat for work regardless, vote Trump and laugh from across the oceans as your SJW peers from college cry.

Eh, might throw it Stein's way, she's tolerable, though I do think the Green platform has some anti-sex worker shit in it. In all honesty I've only heard that through others, gotta look into it myself.

There are further left options that may be kinda nice, but given the trajectory of the Greens as of late (they seem to be moving left), and the fact that I don't know what other options will actually end up on my local ballot, I don't mind tossing a vote her way.

>Babby's first time baiting

Jesus christ did you even try

>SJW peers
Can we stop this strawman? It's fucking retarded. People don't support Trump because they don't want to see a hotheaded retard be in charge of supreme court nominations, have a direct line to the pentagon and manage diplomacy on the international stage in representation of their country. You're literally the reflection of your own strawman being the liberal 'everyone who doesn't disagree with me is a racist' - 'everyone who doesn't agree with me is an SJW college cuck xD'

I didn't pay that much attention to the 2008 election, and I was too young to care about 2004 or 2000, so I'm curious, when was the last time the Americans had such a contentious election? The Romney/Obama one was fairly civil.

Maybe I just go on the internet too much, but it looks like the US is on the brink of open strife. You don't see this kind of stuff in Canada anymore, not since that Quebec horseshit.

Wow, I seem to have started a fire without even implying anything that you've gone on about. I don't agree with Trump (nor did I come close to implying I did), and I genuinely meant that I would like to see my Bernie bros (who just HAPPEN to be college-aged sociology majors) hashtagging it out. You've assigned me my own strawman completely out of nowhere.

You seem mad.

It's like this every fucking time.

It's always "apocalyptic" and "this election is the most important ever" etc.

Underrated post

This is why I love Veeky Forums. Thanks guys for not falling into the Trump meme

Veeky Forums's consensus: ANYONE BUT TRUMP

There's not even a consensus in this thread you fools. There's even a couple monarchists in here.

It depends on how much traction Jill Stein gains over the coming months. If somehow she manages to find her way into the national debates with Hillary and Trump, her popularity and poll numbers will skyrocket, in which case I'll likely vote for her. If she gains little momentum from now until fall then I'll swallow a bitter pill and vote Hillary; but only to keep out a man who thinks climate change is a hoax, who wants to lower taxes for everyone, who has no respect for free speech and wants to open up libel laws, who will nominate a terrible justice, and who advocates for extreme forms of torture that violate international law. And that's just scratching the surface. The only thing I agree with Trump on is trade.

So Stein's my first choice, but I'll reluctantly vote Hillary if Stein's not doing well.

I'll vote Trump because I'll have a STEM degree in a few years and want him to reform H1-b visas and lower interest on student loans. I think it is in my best interest that he wins, plus I actually do not trust Hillary. Sorry if that Isn't contrarian enough for this thread

it's funny, since literally every person i've met complains that he's a racist and never mention his temperament. you're clearly saying why YOU don't want to vote for him. and that's fine. stop putting words in other people's mouths.

>saying goodbye to 1st and 2nd amendment and importing millions of terrorists is "status quo"

yes, the rate at which things are getting worse stays exactly the same

>saying goodbye to the 2nd amendment

It's about goddamn time. I'd rather be free from gun owners altogother than free to own guns.

Unfortunately for me the 2nd amendment isn't going anywhere. She might make stricter gun control laws, but it'll still be easy for most people to get them. Hillary is an incrementalist. She believes in very slow change, if any at all. In other words, she likes to maintain the status quo.

Trump because it's the only way left open through these people's >and you realize that she won't win
cowardice.

Voting Trump. H1Bs

It's August I can't foresee Stein gaining that amount of momentum...especially amongst the plebs.

I'm voting Hillary. I'm hoping she does a lot for women and stands by lowering the cost of college for everyone. I'm also hoping she emulates the progressive revolution which was started by Berine.

Trump is a horrible human being. The people in /pol/ are destructive and see him as way of escapism.
He has literally been accused of rape by three different women (including a child), disrespectful, cheated on his partners, openly inspires violence, is extremely racist, denies climate change, etc.

woops meant to respond to OP

Voting Trump because I don't like illegal immigrants and Muslims.

3/10 bait.

>The people in /pol/ are destructive and see him as way of escapism.
Pretty much, he's the same sort of juvenile manchild that they are, just ostentatious and vaguely success shaped

Hope you like national debt and recession then

I hope you like nuclear holocaust as the alternative

notice how I spew utter trash without explaining any of it
>have unarmed populace
>be at the mercy of your own military and government
wew, glad those angry rednecks aren't committing armed robberies at convenience stores anymoe

I personally know lots of Immigrants, and the process isn't as easy as you think.

Also for those of you that have similar feelings on H1B visa please don't hate on the immigrants. They are literally just looking for a better life. It's the greedy industries in America that are doing the outsourcing.

There doesn't seem to be any checks or balances on H1B visas so I agree with you that it does need to be reformed.

Hillary has stated that she's intends to preserve H1b visas and actually increase them. I really do think that's a bit fucked since there are so many people in those tech industries w/o jobs; my own brother being one of them. It's also immoral too since often times these immigrants aren't treated or paid like American workers.

This is where I do disagree with Hillary, but I still can't see myself voting Trump.

taxpolicycenter.org/publications/analysis-donald-trumps-tax-plan
taxfoundation.org/article/details-and-analysis-donald-trump-s-tax-plan
His tax plan is going to lead to somewhere between 9-12 trillion in budget deficit, but hey at least there wont be any Muslims in the unemployment line

>people get so caught up discussing which pres. they're going to vote for
>some of them don't even know who their state's governor is

Donald Trump
Jerry Brown
kys

>He thinks Trump will do that

Only reason for not voting trump is allbuthillary and the end of government support for cancer like BLM.
Im Europoor so Hillary would be way better for us, because she is anti-Russian.

Bring back the adoptive emperor regime from ancient Rome backed by a strong senate consisting of the finest minds of each field.

>adoptive emperor regime from ancient Rome backed by a strong senate

Trump.

Trump because the future is looking boring and I could care less about the state of the nation desu

It's incredible. Either we have a psychopath who has done everything to ensure Europe is falling apart due to her crusade against Gadaffi, the blood on her hands due to what happened at Benghazi, the email controversy, the blatant corruption where she basically sold herself to the big banks promising that she would enable high offices for those who protect the wall street interests, not even mentioning how she and the DNC basically forced Sanders out. This woman is just pure evil and I don't want her to rule, what is basically, the mightiest country on earth.

Then again you have this retard of a man called Trump... Yet Trump hasn't done nearly the things Hillary has done, and if I had to choose Trump should be given a chance. Iam worried he will weaken NATO though and as a result Russia will once again encrouch upon the Baltic states and Ukraine.

Hilary.

Corruption is not new, cameras are. And anyway I'd rather my president be an adult politician.

Couldn't have put it in better words, though I am still on the fence on wether I'll be voting Trump or Hillary. I probably won't vote at all, I just can't support any of these people.

i'm like so a nihilist tho so idk lol

>we could vote for a 3rd candidate
>go ahead, waste your vote

Honestly either candidate is going to get into a major, impeachment-worthy scandal within their first term.

Who would you rather have as president after one of them resigns? Mike Pence or Tim Kaine? Pence is your classic GOP douche like Bush Jr., but there's something about Kaine that makes me tingle uncomfortably. Must be his Jesuit background.

accelerationism LOL

>not voting for Trump

Jesuit or child molester?
This is where we are friends

Impeachment so only happen when the president resists the demands of oligarchs. I think neither will have to sweat impeachment.

>2016
>voting for a climate change denier
WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR MEMES

so like basically europe is just fucked

Jill Stein. I'm not a libertarian and I refuse to vote for Clinton or Trump.

I agree. I live in Florida and I can't leave the house without bursting into flames. I'm done with this.

That is correct

Clinton, because the idea of Trump in control of the nuclear triad scares the everliving shit out of me.

what's worse is that politicians are climate change deniers because they're paid to be. they're kicking the can down the road so they can line their pockets now. old people should not be allowed to participate in government.

There is no difference in either candidates foreign policy concerning Syria, Russia, or Iran. They both share the neocon vision of the Middle East as the last strategic obstacle before pressuring and moving in on Russia. They both say Assad must go, they both think Iran is evil incarnate, and neither entertains cooperative measures with Russia in solving the problems of the region, like fighting ISIS and ending the Syrian/Iraqi civil wars, and thus at the least slowing the migrant surge.

Don't worry about NATO. That's campaign rhetoric for the libertarians and others.

No one fucks with NATO without Eurogarch approval, and not even Trump is in any position to influence that crowd.

>I like to think you're smarter than /pol/

well yeah, but that's only because the average /pol/tard has the intellect of an edgy 16 year old who's read a grand total of 2 philosophy books and thinks their thoughts to be revolutionary and proof of their superiority

Trump because immigration is the biggest issue facing the west today. It's practically destroying European civilization as we speak.

>read a grand total of 2 philosophy books
I think you're overestimating them there, more like they watched a couple of youtube videos about cultural marxism and had their crush smile at a black person.

Europe isn't the United States.

You fucks were complaining about firstly the Irish, the French, then the postwar Italians, Jews, and Albanians. They were all apparently the biggest issue facing the 'West' at whatever point in time.

Trump. Partially because and also because I overwhelmingly side with the conservative justices on the Supreme Court.

Trump.

Tim Kaine plans to legalize illegal immigrants.

He says while safe and secure in his stable economy with zero military threats. Such a shitty government that is the oldest continuous one in operation worth considering.

Now why don't you show us the Reddit thread you're using as a source for that.

How is the most liberal candidate in US history against what they stand for?

Trump because let's ride this thing baby

So I guess because we were wrong once a long time ago we never get to have an opinion on immigration again. Back then there was no welfare or multiculturalism. Nowadays we have to accept all these horrible people into our countries and then fund their lifestyle and approve of their backward culture, it's fucking insult to injury.

Two thirds of illegal immigrants have never completed any form of high school. Those 12 million mexicans are going to be so poor that they will never pay any income tax, and as soon as they're able to they'll go straight onto the welfare rolls. If you want to import immigrants get some Indians or Chinese; they're much harder workers and much less prone to crime. You guys could have your pick, everyone wants to work in the US, yet you're willing to accept favela dregs.