Are there any books that encourage living and enjoying life rather than being lost in thoughts and constantly analyzing...

Are there any books that encourage living and enjoying life rather than being lost in thoughts and constantly analyzing the world?

on the contrary, what are some book I can read to inspire a sort of constant thought and analyzation of the world?

The Immoralist by Andre Gide is exactly what you're looking for

On The Road

Infinite Jest

Ego and Its Own
No, really.

Tao The Ching
Epistulae morales

Isn't that about buttsecks?

Candide by Voltaire

Are there any books that don't tell me what I want to hear?

Is that image from Tatami Galaxy or am I misattributing it

yup, from the ed

Gonna put this myself, living that life will kill you from liver failure sadly

Anything by Camus

Why would you want to do this? I've been stuck in constant analysis and studying for most of my life, and it's a terrible way to live. It's only worth it to the extent of understanding basic pragmatics to live a virtuous life and perhaps some poetry. Everything else compartmentalizes and diminishes the essential nature of reality to bland mechanical ideas. There is beauty in ignorance.

You do realise that what you're asking is kind of hypocritical right?

In what way is it hypocritical?

You're basically asking for a book about food because you're feeling hungry.

It's a way to progressively accept that lifestyle. It's not hypocritical for people who want to start with Taoism to read taoist texts, even if the first line of the Tao Te Ching goes against it.

The Alchemist is the best in this genre, it's exactly what you're looking for

Why do you make the distinction between living life and thinking? One must be alive and living to lose oneself in thought.

This is shit
Get the complete poems of Alberto Caeiro instead (he's an heteronym of Fernando Pessoa so it's not too big of a read)

You know what I mean.

Hamlet

>implying OP can read Portugese

>translations

Steppenwolf by hesse

best ed desu

The ouevre of Yukio Mishima from Japan.

Dostoevsky

The Secret Life of Walter Mitty - James Thurber

My nigga

Siddharta by Hesse

Lucretius - On the Nature of Things

Trust me OP

#
>reading poetry in translation
How can a person be this pleb

ZARATHRUSTER

Zorba the Greek and Dorian gray - both hedonistic novels

>ITT No Nietzsche

This proves you fucks haven't actually read Nietzsche whatsoever. Not even the Thus Meme'd Zarathustra

Get your shit together faggot. In zarathustra we trust.

Yojouhan Shinwa Taikei :^)

Nietzsche