I need your opinion on two things Veeky Forums

I need your opinion on two things Veeky Forums,

I made some brown-butter seared salmon, finished up in parchment in the oven, served on top of a schmear of dill-rosemary lemon-curd - a splash of white wine and a tiny bit more butter to clean the pan, drizzled lightly on top the fish with a parsley, served with roasted potatoes and arugula with a honey-poppyseed-shallot dressing. It was supposed to be dinner for me, my roommate and our girlfriends.

My girlfriend never showed up, and neither did my roommate, but his girlfriend happily ate dinner with me.

1 - Was it an alright idea for a last minute double-date Sunday dinner thing?

2 - The roomie's gf and I are both pretty good friends, but not attracted to each other. Should we take a semi-risque photo together and send it to the other two?

>1 - Was it an alright idea for a last minute double-date Sunday dinner thing?
Sure sounds nice, as long as you didn't overdo the salmon. Easy to do if it's twice-cooked.

>2 - The roomie's gf and I are both pretty good friends, but not attracted to each other. Should we take a semi-risque photo together and send it to the other two?
'no'

Your life is so cute and carefree

do it, they're probably boning each other anyways

The sear was just literally the bottom, I took the larger pieces which were a nice medium, and the lady's were a medium-well which she prefers anyway.

I wish. I work 70-100h weeks to try to pull ahead of life a little (business things. When it works out my money to stress ratio will reverse and I might actually take a vacation). These little get-togethers might be the only thing keeping me sane.

I'm into fatties, he isn't. I don't see it happening.

Still, a little "Remember to knock, and call next time you can't make it" photo... bad idea, but good idea.

>the lady's were a medium-well which she prefers anyway
Stop associating with her altogether.

At least she didn't want them charred.

>not attracted to each other

If that's your feeling and hers then, why on earth would you be associating with her since she's female and you're male? There's not a helluvalot in common except for sex. Why would you even begin to put up with the hormonal splerges if you weren't getting benefits?

Do you live on the west or east coast, perchance?

>My girlfriend never showed up, and neither did my roommate

While you prepare your dish bowl Chad eats out her fish hole.

All these people falling for the dumb drama and not calling him out on the idiocy of searing in brown butter, thereby ensuring charred butter solids?!?!?

THIS FUCKIN GUY

While you seared your salmon, Chad gave her a slammin'

This.

While you churned your butter, chad gave her the nutter

This.

While you finished up Salmon in parchment, Chad finished up in her Salmon patchment.

>2 - The roomie's gf and I are both pretty good friends, but not attracted to each other. Should we take a semi-risque photo together and send it to the other two?

it can only go well

>My girlfriend never showed up,

I take the bait...
Did she know that you are cooking for her? Did she call you and give you a valid excuse why she had to cancel the dinner? Send her a picture of the food she missed

>slap up dinner with mates gf
Creative dish
Homely
Seasoned well
>he didn't fuck her
Damn
What a shame

Stop forcing this meme

Please keep forcing this meme, I enjoy it

So does my wifes son.

By definition a meme cannot be forced, retard-user.

Since we're blogging about our lives itt, so this guy who works for the same company as me, but in a different location and I kinda hit it off a couple nights ago at a coworker/significant others event. I've worked with him indirectly for years I'm in accounting and at some point everyone has to answer for various budgeting items. Anyways, a group of us ended up staying out longer than everyone else drinking and he I talked a lot. We both figured out each other were gay, I figured he was based on his mannerism and he paints his nails oh and I've seen him do drag a couple times. Anyways, one of my more malicious/bitchy coworkers told me that he's positive.

How do I make a decent hollandaise?

Just get Domino's.

i have fun gordonposting
fuck you

I eat smoked salmon at breakfast everyday. Is that unhealthy?

yes

With butter... A lot of butter...

That's a funny meme.

I went with this route instead - her phone died and she had to work late.

My roomie flat out forgot and went to the bar.

I make my hollandaise a lot like mayonnaise - melt butter, whisk bit by bit into mixture of eggs, lemon juice and seasoning, return to low heat whisking constantly if not thick enough. Never had a problem, rarely have to reheat.

OP can you post recipe?

"recipe" I made it up on the spot, based upon the knowledge that I had salmon in the fridge.

I peeled (I know, I know... for presentation) some potatoes and quartered them. I gave them a bit of seasoning (rosemary, thyme, pepper, salt, olive oil, and a small bit of lemon zest) and stuffed them into a 400 degree oven.

As those were cooking, I made up the lemon curd - butter (1/4 cup?), lemon juice (half a lemon), rosemary (half a sprig) and a lot of dill into the pan, brought to a boil, and whisked little by little into eggs, put back on the heat for about 30 seconds, whisking constantly, then put in a mason jar and into the fridge to try to stop cooking.

I also whipped up the dressing - completely eyeballed - canola oil, rice wine vinegar, salt, honey, a small bit of tarragon, and a lot of poppyseeds, tossed the arugula in it to soak in, and put it back in the fridge.

At the 30 minute mark with the taters, I started the salmon and subsequently the wine-butter-salmon sauce - add butter to hot pan, let brown slightly, add salmon, let cook for about 4 mins until there's some pallor creeping up the fish, about 1/3 way, then quickly throw, brown side down, on top of whole parsley and slices of squished lemon (to keep fish out of its own rendering goop) in a piece of parchment paper and fold into an envelope. Finish off for 7-12 mins depending on how well you want your fish, and how small it's cut. I went with about 9 for the reasonable filets I had. The pan sauce was literally white wine (a quarter cup or so), and more butter (a tbsp or so), stirred occasionally in the hot pan

While that was going, I made some carrot ribbons for the arugula and pulled some parsley leaves for garnish.

smear the lemon curd on the plate in a swooshing motion with a large spoon, place the salmon on top, drizzle with a spoonful of wine-butter-fish goodness, garnish, put potatoes on plate, fill empty space with arugula, garnish that with carrot ribbons.