What's your favourite Veeky Forums non-textbook book?

What's your favourite Veeky Forums non-textbook book?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Science-History-John-Gribbin/dp/0140297413/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473641412&sr=8-6&keywords=gribbin science
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Non-textbook book... You mean a book with only pictures then?

A science-related book that's not a textbook.
>textbook
>n.
>A book used in schools or colleges for the formal study of a subject.
'Measure Theory' is a textbook, 'I Want to Be a Mathematician' is not a textbook.

annnd I've got to fap now thank you OP

This woman deserves all the attention she gets from reddit.

Is Homotopy type theory legit or it adds nothing more to mathematics?

Hell yea bro.

The HOTT book being a non-textbook on a technicality automatically makes it the best non-textbook out there for Veeky Forums. Hitlerfags can go suck a dick.

I really like Martin Gardner's puzzle books

amazon.com/Science-History-John-Gribbin/dp/0140297413/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1473641412&sr=8-6&keywords=gribbin science

Princeton Companion to Mathematics
Mathematics - A Very Short Introduction (it makes geometry look badass)

Penrose's The Road to Reality

[spoiler] I didn't actually read it. [/spoiler]

Quantum Enigma or unmasking the face

My Twisted Universe by Neil DeGrasse Tyson

I think the univalence axiom is pretty cool and simplifies a lot of proofs.

>Princeton Companion to Mathematics
my nigger

my diary desu

She majored in liberal arts.

Stop it! My dick can only get so hard.

like which one?

that's a political book you dummy, also heil.!

>take a new class
>this is your teacher
>she asks you to stay after class
What do?

Stay after class, friendly make body contact on shoulders and hips, let her talk about herself, find a reason to come over for a tea in the next 2 weeks, fuck her.

Talk in short sentences and exit as quickly as possible, disgustedly , since that back Arch indicates a weak willed person

Maybe masturbate to her pictures online also, of o feel she deserves it

>body contact on shoulders and hips
You're the worst kind of criminal.

She has a very shemale-esque look

>make body contact on hips
Literally how would you do this

she:
>bla bla explain bla
me:
>ahh, okay, thanks! *lay hand on hip bone for a second*

If she wants your dick and waits for you to do something about it, she'll stay in your proximity for those things to occur

gtfo

but seriously, the HoTT hype lasted 2 years and while it's aesthetic, it doesn't feel like there are going do drop many relevant theorems out of it in the next few years.
The implementation aspect is just far to slow going for mathematicans to care and, given that, the CS aspects are not worth for the homotopy people to care.

There is a lengthy discussion somewhere one the web (I forgot, maybe it was a google+ entry by someone) where e.g. Lurie states how he's completely desinterested in it.

I say this with a broken heart, but c'mon it's all moving too slow (and the people involved are not the chillest on the planet)

kek

Why don't you stop whining and join the effort?

is that her way of saying she's gay

Because
a) I don't want to wait 15 years to connect to tech and physics and
b) I don't want to wait 30 years for the CS theory and topos autists to die - the social assholes that feel they deserve recognition now since their lives work did not take off during their lifetime

Very constructive critique. (Sarcasm and pun intended.)

Why do some women take pictures of themselves holding books? Are they trying to prove something? Is their self esteem really that low?

If a woman tries to take a picture of something, she will subconsciously shove herself into the forefront and make herself the subject of the photo. Don't insult them for it, it's only their nature.

>Is their self esteem really that low?
Yes. That's why they constantly have to remind themselves that "they are loved" and religiously practice "self-love". Someone who feels loved does not need constant reminders that they are loved. No matter how inundated in social support women are, they never feel secure.

Does this count?

I think she's trying to promote reading, particularly women reading and female education

>she:
>>bla bla explain bla
>me:
>>ahh, okay, thanks! *lay hand on hip bone for a second*

Wow, you don't talk to women much, do you? How many times has this uninvited hip touching worked for you kek

Because women are illiterate...

Women make up the majority of college students currently. I think women reading has been promoted sufficiently at this point.

I'm getting laid enough, thanks. I know, it's an automatic reaction to disregard any user who gives advice on how to get your dick wet, so I won't take it personally.
Many confident folks are straight forward enough to signal interest verbally by flirting, but c'mon, testing out your body contact bounds isn't exactly a novel suggestion.

PS this will most likely harm my case more than anything else, but googling a picture I found a WikiHow saying the same thing, kek
Well let's just say it's a natural thing that autists need to learn from the web today

Fucking top kek

i like turtlez

that's a nice cover

Red Mars

It is said that Immanuel Kant was a bachelor of such regular habits that the good people of Königsberg would adjust their clocks when they saw him stroll past certain landmarks.
One evening Kant was dismayed to discover that his clock had run down. Evidently his manservant, who had taken the day off, had forgotten to wind it. The great philosopher did not reset the hands because his watch was being repaired and he had no way of knowing the correct time. He walked to the home of his friend Schmidt, a merchant who lived a mile or so away, glancing at the clock in Schmidt's hallway as he entered the house.
After visiting Schmidt for several hours Kant left and walked home along the route by which he came. As always, he walked with a slow, steady gait that had not varied in 20 years. He had no notion of how long this return trip took. (Schmidt had recently moved into the area and Kant had not yet timed himself on this walk.) Nevertheless, when Kant entered his house, he immediately set his clock correctly.
How did Kant know the correct time?

Used his watch.

The merchant sold him a new watch