Why does there seem to be a time in a person's life when they stop caring about new literature, new music, new art...

Why does there seem to be a time in a person's life when they stop caring about new literature, new music, new art, etc unless it's their job to keep in touch?

I feel like many people give the whole "art" thing a go when they're in like, their late teens to late twenties, but then it usually stops, their tastes grow conservative and they become close minded.

Why do you think that is? And do you think this means they were never really into art in the first place?

And pls no "they don't time to do it" meme

You eventually come to realize it's all shit, and then you either give up or pursue a manner in which to make it not shit.

>implying conservatives are close minded

Take the fucking. It's called learning reality with facts and rationality as you mature and value science and tradition and become a logical thinker with experience and conclude certain things about women and nonwhites that idealistic brainwashed youths won't accept

Take the fucking redpill*

Because it becomes exhausting to try and "keep up" and new music/fashion/everything is shitty in comparison to how things were in the 90's and early 2000's.

>tfw im there at 18

Arnie refused the red pill bruh.

That just means you were never interested at all, so you're a regular pleb.

The passion, for literature and learning both new and old works, is always there but having to work a job just gets to you many times. Your focus changes to money and how to make it. Foregoing love-of-literature becomes habitual until the act of pursuing is almost dead and all that's left is the dream. The dream of devouring literature like a true human being.

Nah...

Arnie who?

Im too anxious and neurotic about money

Says the guy who's probably 17.

>hurr durr
>spit flying everywhere

the mind does close at some point user
in general maybe after mid 20s

I stopped listening to new music in 2004. I'm 28.

>reality
>facts
>rationality

i've noticed in general that it's hard for most people to remain seriously engaged with multiple different forms of art/entertainment in general. I am lucky enough to be a NEET right now, so it's been very easy for me to keep up with music, film, literature, and to a lesser degree by virtue of being away from either of the coasts, the 'actual art world.' But it's obvious from my personal experiences as well as my observations on Veeky Forums that it's very rare for somebody who is super into literature to remain up to date with music, or somebody who is very interested in photography to be engaged with literature in a meaningful way. etc, etc. it's just a difficulty of life. and most people start having children in their late twenties, early thirties, which dramatically reduces their time to pursue outside interests about which they aren't totally singularly passionate. people also have difficulty keeping in touch things created by younger people once they've gotten older. in fact i've seen a lot of people who reached eighteen or whatever and never really explored anything past what they enjoyed or were interested in as teenagers, it's sad but people have difficulty keeping open minds as they age.

Ouch.

shut up faggot

As you get older, get married, have children, get a mortgage and have a career you realise life is something that you do, not something you just experience. Probably.

New music in the sense of music released in the current year or new music as in music you don't already know?

Its funnier without your correction tbqh

Well piero scaruffi, my idol in life, is like 60 and he still seeks out new art. He's not as up-to-date as he once was, but when he gets around to reviewing new releases he still has the highest praise for the most interesting and inventive albums.

I think most people just get caught up with the responsibilities of an average life. Hard to maintain your former rates of media consumption when you work 40+ hours per week at a job you hate, have three screaming kids to take care of, a bickering wife to console / spend time with, etc. What little time you have for art or leisure is spent with your old favorites, or maybe you just take to watching mindless tv and drinking beer all day because you need some comfort to foil the rest of your life. Even scaruffi doesn't have a family and works as a lecturer / consultant when he needs cash.

Because new things are untested.
Literature like Don Quixote and other shit have been read by other people and liked, new books haven't been canonised yet.

I'd assume both, because he's an idiot.

I think where we usually go wrong in relationships is that we move in together and end up having no place for ourselves.

My ideal situation would be two appartments where me and my wife life seperately, but visit each other frequently, spend time with the kids and so on.

Sounds like you're setting yourself up to being cucked.

>being this paranoid and insecure

>not knowing the meaning of the word "conservative"

I've never cared about new anything. I don't go out of my way to be a hipster, but I've seldom enjoyed anything current.

I've been seriously into books, movies, and music since my teens and haven't stalled much even now in my mid thirties.

I did a little test on myself to see if I had some sort of subconscious dislike for "new" art. I started watching, reading, and listening to shit that was new in the 90's that I hated to see if I like it now that some years have been heaped on. Nope, still don't like Grunge, Adam Sandler Movies, or Tom Clancy novels.

...and EEk! the Cat.

There has been no such "time" for me.
54 and not conservative but libertarian