Is this brand good?

Is this brand good?
I usually buy only De Cecco pasta, but my local supermarket started selling this instead.Its a bit cheaper, should u go for it?

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/politics/human-rights-campaign-says-barilla-has-turned-around-its-policies-on-lgbt/2014/11/18/9866efde-6e92-11e4-8808-afaa1e3a33ef_story.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Barilla is all I buy. It's fine. Not gonna say it'll knock your socks off but it's quality.

>Is this brand good?
it is literally the best and most famous dry pasta there is, what do you mean is this any good. you can't be this thick.

My Italian friends all use barilla also so i think it's the best dry pasta there is.

Sorry for hijacking, but is De Cecco olive oil good?Bought 1L extra virgin for 10 euro yesterday, but havent tried it yet since i still have some of my old left.Did i do good?

No idea about the oil but it's a good pasta brand. At least according to my Italian colleague.

I eat both De Cecco and Barilla a lot, never really noticed a huge difference.

I heard something about their chairman being anti gay.

Their pasta is pretty average I think, not bad, but nothing special. There's much cheaper pasta available around here that's just as good, and much better tasting pasta in the same price range.

This is the best if you can find it. But it's twice as much as barillo where I'm at.

>I heard something about their chairman being anti gay.

even better

>not making your own pasta

kys

>I heard something about their chairman being anti gay.

Just bought 100 shares of stock, thanks for the hot tip user.

My niggas

Brehs, i have a question.
Do you wash your pasta with cold water after you boil it?

The fuck, no.

Also if you don't toss the pasta with sauce in the pan prior to serving you should kys.

No, why would you? Then you'd just have to heat it up again.

All pasta is the same, really.

Only thing objectively good about Barilla is the variety. They even make a quick pasta.

I do it so it doesnt stick together after a day.Usually, it becomes a huge ball of stucked spaghetti after a night in the fridge if i dont wash it

I have seen Neapolitans serve the sauce separately.
Were they just plebs?

Just add as TS of oil m8.

Only for pasta salad.

You might want to reconsider this after all. But it seems like the "gay community" was overreacting about pretty much nothing anyway.

What would an ice cream know about pasta

Forgot link washingtonpost.com/politics/human-rights-campaign-says-barilla-has-turned-around-its-policies-on-lgbt/2014/11/18/9866efde-6e92-11e4-8808-afaa1e3a33ef_story.html

I do, but still.

Usually how i cook them is, i boil them with salt and some oil, put them in a strainer, wash them with cold water, then cook the sauce separately, and just put it all together in a big pot.
Is that a shitty way of doing it?

Why are you not eating it all immediately after you cook it?

>literally stale pasta

ugghhhh

It takes 10 min to make, you really don't need to cook it in advance.

I read the cold shock actually changes the surface of the noodles so they don't mix as well with the sauce.

I don't really know if that's true but I'd say my pasta has improved since I stopped rinsing it.

You might want to cook the noodles a bit to short though. They will finish cooking in their own heat/the heat of the sauce.

just boil the pasta you're going to eat right away, it's so quick and better that way that it makes no sense to make a lot to save for the next day.
but if you must do it you should just mix it with sauce and you won't have the problem of it sticking together.

Sometimes I make rotini with garlic, sundried tomatoes, asiago cheese, and basil. I usually eat it hot and fresh but I found if I make it then refrigerate it it actually tastes better the second day cold.

stop using oil when boiling and washing it after its done.

No...it rinses off the starches that help the sauce stick to the pasta.

Fucking idiotic question.

Ao, you guys just make a lot of sauce and then just boil some pasta whenever you will eat it?
Im prolly retarded for never trying this now that i think of it.
How long can i refrigirate a simple tomato with minced meat sauce?Can i just put a big pot of it im the freezer and reheat it when i need it?

>if I make it then refrigerate it it actually tastes better the second day cold.

Some people have no shame...

I make tomato & meat sauce and freeze it on of these XXL icecube forms.

Fits perfectly in the freezer and just enough for 1 portion of pasta.

>what is a drizzle of olive oil

It's lidderally the chick-fil-a of the pasta world

de cecco is superior

EXTREMELY slight differences between pastas.
The difference is price is extremely small too. I mean, its a super cheap ingredient. If its $0.89/pound, or $1.29/pound... do you really care? If such tiny amounts of money matter greatly to you, then you need to think about something other than pasta quality.
Just to be sure, stick with a well known Italian brand. If you're destitute poor, buy based on lowest price. Its really that easy.
Your results in this case are more about technique than brand. Pasta is like flour, sugar, or vegetable oil. It just is, and who gives a flying fuck what name is on the container.

De Cecco, Voiello and Barilla are pretty much all the same, they are the best dried pasta you can find around for that price, and honestly it's not like there are any kind of super-pasta brands that tase significantly better
If you want to be nitpicky there are a few sliiiiight differences, for examble I usually buy Barilla for bavette/spaghetti/farfalle, but for my mezze penne rigate I prefer to go with Voiello (it just feels like they are slightly thicker and they hold the sauce better, but I could be totally imagining it)

For fuck's sake, just use butter, terroni

Some people (including my very Italian mother) report that De Cecco is maybe a smidgen better, attributed to the favt that they still use old handmade bronze dies for pasta extrusion, which gives the pasta a bit of a rougher texture, allowing sauce to adhere better. I've made my own pasta, and I've used both Barilla and De Cecco, and I feel like there might be a slight difference, but not enough to be noticeable if you're not really looking for it. Because of that, I usually get Barilla because it's a little cheaper, unless the store doesn't have the shape I want (for some reason, I find a lot of stores don't have Barilla farfalle, but do have De Cecco farfalle).

You never had pasta or macaroni salad?

I like it because it offers almost all their pasta in whole grain versions which is healthier.

De Cecco is good too though

But it tastes like shit

>eating something because its "healthy"

Barilla hates fags, so they're okay in my book.

>terroni
mio negro

Italian reporting here (from Puglia).
De cecco > Barilla is objective in Italy, even if Barilla is way more famous and sold (it's cheapier too)

Brailla is just overhyped crap.

The cheapest non-brand egg noodles are usually better and cheaper.

>ditalini means finger banging in italian

'Authentic' Italian here, barilla is all I buy when I'm abroad.

We use Barilla at work.
It's not the best, but it's good.

Fucking this. If you dont come from an Italian family that insists on doing things the old country way like mine does you can get a bread machine for next to nothing that will make pasta for you

>not buying the cheapest possible shop brand pasta
>paying for "brand name" wheat in long sticks

>Not using Genco

I use Gallo.
Cheap and it tastes good.

The best pasta is made at Trump Tower Grill.

I love Italians!

Go to bed Giuliani, you're not getting any cabinet position.

Thanks for the guffaw!

what is the best?

I never understood why some people do this.

Yes, chilled sauce can be reheated (don't leave it too long), even in a microwave oven.

It can also be frozen and reheated.

Different guy but sometimes we get leftovers, and a bowl of pasta with sauce tends to reheat quite ok the day aftee provided it's kept right

Fresh pasta.
Dry pasta will never live up to it.

It's pretty ok but some guys made a lot of noise about some guy's opinion?

This.

Though I've had storebrand dry eggnoodles which are quite good. Noodles might be a bit different though.

Are fresh noodles even better than dry ones? It might seem obvious but I've never had them.

how do you make pasta?

De Cecco and Barilla are two of the very few brands of dry pasta that are actually worth buying.

Yes it's good.
What kind of De Cecco do you buy? They only have Spaghettini no 11 and 12 and I have had bad experiences with spaghettini to be honest... I don't know which to buy which is the most like spaghetti .

Why aren't you mixing it with sauce? Smh

If you intend on eating it for 2/3 days, cook lots of pasta, mix with lots of sauce, eat a portion and leave the rest of the mixed sauce/pasta in the fridge. IMO it actually improves over night, heat up a portion in a pan the next day (no additional oil required).