Why is eating with chopsticks so fun?

Why is eating with chopsticks so fun?

Because it takes slightly more brain function to use them as opposed to just mindlessly shoveling away with a fork or spoon.

How is it "fun"? I can understand the reasoning behind using them for particular items (specifically raw fish), but for things like rice, or noodles, I don't understand the purpose of chopsticks. Some even taste like wood, so you get this small flavor of wood before you taste the food. Plastic chopsticks, can't trust them because of where they come from.

because its kind of like eating with your fingers if your fingers were really long and impervious to heat

try metal chopsticks

I was going to ask if silver chopsticks are a thing... Never seen them

They are a lot more sensible because they function like an extension of your fingers. When you're a kid and think of it like that, you can pretend you're a preying mantis picking off other bugs. That was always fun for me.

I don't know about elsewhere but if you go to Korea everyone uses metal chopsticks mostly

also these really long spoons

Probably only feels fun to you because it's new/novel to you.

Damn, that looks delicious. I'd slurp it right up.

And the ramen doesn't look so bad either! Ahahahahahaha

Schwing!

Autism Speaks

Apparently the Nork dictator dynasty eats with silver chopsticks because they go black if there's poison in the food or some crazy shit.

I have a pair and they're bretty gud

sounds retarded, but i lost weight by eating with chopsticks

i was forced to eat slower

nice disposable wood > washable wood > cheap wooden > textured plastic > textured metal > smooth metal == smooth plastic

Yeah, there's weird random benefits.
I had nerve issues in my hands, which causes shaking. Not as bad as Parkinsons but it made eating annoying. After I got it 'fixed,' my PT suggested using chopsticks to rebuild my fine motor control. As a plus, I list a bunch of weight I gained when I couldn't hold a fork.

i eat faster with chopsticks. They're so much faster for most foods once you get good with them.

Much agree hahah

These pals are right.

Metal chopsticks are horrible because they pain your fingers when grasping with strength over periods of time. Especially smooth metal, as they slip like a bitch.

>pic related: pulling the bone off galbi is a bitch and a half

It's really summed up nicely in the dialog between Han Solo, Ben and Luke sky walker about blasters and light sabers

I ate jello with chopsticks once, that was fun in a really challenging way.

>"Disposable" anything

kys flyover

>Guy without a passport commenting on shit

nice ladyboys.

>it takes slightly more brain function to use them
I'm not so sure.

I honestly just have an easier time eating pasta and such with chopsticks than using a fork. Obviously something like steak I'd use a knife and fork, of course.

Who's this pug?

ladyboy or not, i'd let both of them suck my dong
>no homo

because you cant pretend to be a walrus with a fork and spoon/knife.

Planes flyover us into your buildings
Enjoy your pollution

Because you're a culture-less mongoloid?

It isn't gay unless her dick is in your mouth.

There's nothing fun about eating with chopsticks. I don't give a shit if it's the "proper" way to do it, it's retarded as fuck. When I'm eating, I want to focus on the flavour and texture of the food that's in front of me, not to have to solve second order differential equations in my head just to end up putting a single rice of grain in my mouth. How the fuck did Asians fail to invent as simple a device as the spoon and fork?

Chopsticks were widespread, even among peasants, in Asia at a time when Europeans were still eating with their fingers.

The Japanese could not believe humans could be so filthy and vermin ridden when they first had contact with Europeans. Revolting and disgusting.

Neat.

They're not fun if you're oriental and have a natural proclivity with chopsticks. But if you're not - yes they can be fun. It's the same with driving a manual car or giving yourself injections (and not looking away like medical staff force you to do).

>The Japanese could not believe humans could be so filthy and vermin ridden when they first had contact with Europeans.
This isn't actually true.

Europeans discovered Japan in 1542.
The use of knives and forks was commonplace.
Get the facts right, Weeb.

From Wikipedia "Fork":

"... not become common in northern Europe until the 18th century and was not common in North America until the 19th century".

Nice try, shitface.

Japanese description of Europeans in the 1500's:

"They eat with their fingers instead of with chopsticks such as we use. They show their feelings without any self-control. They cannot understand the meaning of written characters." (from Boxer, Christian Century).

So like modern day amerilards?

That's why we invented nuclear fission.

There are some other pejoratives you would have to append to describe modern amerifats.

lololol americans didn't even have forks to fight civil war with. Sooo ahead of the rest of the world right!

>1860
>19th century

Europoort isn't very educated. Typical.

because ur not shoving fucking metal in ur mouth

19th century = 1800-1899. Fork became common by 1899 except among your ancestors. They didn't pick it up until they went to a town the first time in the 1950's.

Holy fuck. Please tell me you aren't actually dumb and think the 19th century means the 1900s.

OMG how fucking dumb are you.

>not become common in northern Europe until the 18th century and was not common in North America until the 19th century".

He said we didn't have forks during civil war. You're proving MY point idiots.

Notice how he deleted his (You) post. He knew he was fucking dumb. HA, NICE DAMAGE CONTROL.

Who is this semen demon?

You are meant to grab the galbi by the bone and eat around it. you autist.