Modernist Cuisine Cookbook

Is it any good? I just downloaded the complete set.

link to the download?

Sorry it's on a private tracker. I'm sure you can find it on a public one.

Downloaded a cracked version of the app for my jailbroken iPhone.

>cool
>lots of good info
>annoying to read in app form
>deleted it

I'm sure the physical books are 1000x better, same goes for PDF version. Physical books for this subject/layout is the best.

El Bulli, bitch.

I liked the history and fundamentals part. Didn't get around to reading much more than that.

Which book ?
I am more interrested in techniques, history and since then recepies

is this the one that has grant from chef steps? i can't remember. but this does look pretty cool, i'm jelly

It's fucking fantastic. A lot of people get distracted by the pretty pictures but that's missing the point entirely.

It's the gold standard for techniques.
It doesn't discuss history much. And it does have recipes, but as I mentioned above, that's missing the point:

The point of MC is that it teaches you the fundamentals. How and why things work. Then you can apply that knowledge for problem-solving and optimizing your own recipes. If you just want recipes to follow you can get that elsewhere.

I only read the introduction yet and they go full autistic about measurments of ingredients.

Still looked into buying the books because they make a good impression but the price is like half my monthly income

>>I only read the introduction yet and they go full autistic about measurments of ingredients.

You best be prepared. The first volume is like a college textbook.

Yeah, they're expensive, but if you cook a lot and use the information within the value is incredible. I spent a lot more money on books for college that I didn't use ever again.

>The first volume is like a college textbook.
yeah, that's the thing. I can't be arsed to read more technical books because I have to read a lot for uni.
Also I still need to order my microscale device so I can weight 0.01 g of salt lel

>books
>in 2016

Also i just checked to buy the books and it's only 5 volumes. What's up with the 6th one in thr OP?

Oh, never mind. Just read the description and the 6th book is shipped with the 5 volumes

Yep. Tech does a lot of things well, but reading books ain't it.

Yeah, the book on top is the recipe guide. It's spiral-bound so it will sit flat on the table without trying to close itself like a normal book.

There's also a separate book "Modernist cuisine at home" which is simplified and uses fewer exotic tools.

>Modernist cuisine at home
Yeah, I've seen that one as well. But I'd rather go all out and get the 5 volumes.

Really playing with the thought to order right now but it's hard because the price is literally worth:
- 1 week holliday travel
or
- 7 full tanks of petrol
or
- 1 entry-level sous vide cooker

how much is it? i didn't realize it was so expensive

around 500 €

I think I'd rather get myself the sous vide desu

yeah wow. that's insane.

i'd say you'd be better off buying a sous vide. you can probably find an awful lot of the information in the books just searching online. it'd take some searching, and it wouldn't be nearly as organized and in depth as the book, but it seems to me more economical

>$500

Great. I'll get a set and display it prominently next to my Picasso sketches to impress people. I certainly won't let my cook put her filthy hands on them.

I just downloaded them as well.
They certainly look like good books.
Will definitely have to read them.