How do you feel about the likes of Starbucks replacing smaller coffee shops?

How do you feel about the likes of Starbucks replacing smaller coffee shops?

Depressed! Smaller coffee shops are not always better, though.

this

I live in Seattle so technically they're local?

There are still a lot of great coffee shops all over town, though I could route my walk to work and go past 5 different starbucks on the way. Huge market obviously.

There is one local chain around here that is fucking horrible though.

If people like starbucks more than your shitty hole in the wall coffee joint, why are you complaining?
People clearly don't like your products.

I live in Bumfuck Wisconsin.
There are no coffee shops here, just bars.

I've seen more local places popping up and more Starbucks' closing down

Huh, why might that be?

>If people like starbucks more than your shitty hole in the wall coffee joint, why are you complaining?
Often enough it's due to brand recognition rather than product quality. Still though, not a bad point.

I've never seen a "real" coffee shop where they serve espresso in tiny cups and serve you the bottom half of a coffee siphon for you to pour at your leisure.

All I have near me are starbucks full of millennial stereotypes.
I don't even want to set foot in there.

does that even happen anywhere except in places filled with faux rich mcmansions?

in blue collar neighborhoods people are pretty gung ho about supporting local business. in fact, most blue collar neighborhoods don't even have a starbucks.

Starbucks didn't threaten either of the places I get coffee: luncheonettes and coffee carts. If Starbucks starts carrying scratchoffs, the luncheonettes are gonna have a problem.

No opinion one way or the other. I live in a town where Starbucks literally was the first coffee shop, and there is no competition that has come in since.

Granted, I don't drink coffee so I don't care either way.

I refuse to eat or drink at chain businesses unless it's absolutely necessary. You've only got yourselves to blame for supporting them and the low wages they pay and the shit conditions the workers suffer.

sauce on manga?

google says cartoons.

Already happened a decade ago. In my area local coffee shops are slowly coming back as people are getting tired of sbux's ubiquity.

Small local roasters are blowing them the fuck out here, and this is a modest Canuckistani city of 80k. There's a coffee roaster just a ten minute walk from me that I can sit down right beside the big roaster and watch them prep the beans I'll be drinking all week.

They actually roast their coffee properly rather than burn it like Shitfucks. Speaking of, has there ever been a starbucks that has produced a dark roast you can drink? Tastes like battery acid and boiled feet, regardless of the location.

>manga
Never understood the appeal of this.

If smaller coffee shops knew how to run their business properly this wouldn't happen
There is no reason for starbucks to eat away your costumers if your costumers are happy in the first place, if your business requires people to buy from you because they don't know any better then you deserve this
Nobody wants to pay for a cup of coffee and a piece of stale sugary bread you have to try harder than that

Vancouver BCfag here. What's some nice coffee shops I should check out when I visit?

It's saiki kusuo no psi nan. Pretty shitty desu.

No
Here is the thing coffee business comes from people who need a place to sit and talk that doesn't involve lunch and is open during the day
Coffee was always a scam because nobody goes there for the coffeethey pay to use the table and chairs for an hour
So if a big corporation feels like replacing that with a comfy couch and ambiance and serve milkshakes along then I dont feel sorry for you you had plenty of chances to change and make your store better you could have offered variety of different coffees from different countries, you could have remodeled, you could have offered fresher, better shit and you didn't and this is what happens

>where they serve espresso in tiny cups
What else would they serve espresso in? Serious question, never been to Starbucks

It's just another name for comics/cartoons user.

Ironic. Millennials hate big corporations but willingly buy into them. I usually go to this little Mexican cafe down the road owned by an old couple. Their coffee is always better than starjews

Here in NYC Starbucks kind of hit critical mass. I haven't seen new ones popping up, and have seen at least two close. Meanwhile small coffee shops pop up all the time.

Then again New York has always had a funny relationship with national chains. Manhattan didn't get a McDonald's until 1972. We have plenty of chains here, but there are many New Yorkers who only eat at national chains when on road trips or when traveling for business. Because they have a set of local joints they like, so those are the places that get their business. Most upscale (or even up and coming) neighborhoods have several local coffee shops that make Starbucks seem like Dunkin Doughnuts.

Hell, my still unfashionable Brooklyn neighborhood has three little upscale coffee shops within two blocks of where I live. The nearest Starbucks would require a subway or bus to get to. They're not a threat here.

Yeah but I see fully grown adults who are into it.

Nobody goes to a cafe to drink coffee, hope you enjoy drinking your coffee alone with your fedora

My brother and our roommate go there before work.

So what? I see fully grown adults read the "funnies" in the newspaper every day.

Like any other media (books, movies, TV programs, music....) there are versions for everyone from young children through adults. What's hard to get, exactly?

If you're old enough to post here then you're a "Grown adult", yet here you are on a shitpost board with a very strong association with cartoons.

I'm more annoyed at normal shops being replaced by trashy coffee shops on every fucking corner.

They're all the exact fucking same too

Trash

Do you bring your bear stencils and complain about religion?
It's ok if it's like a block away or two but going out of your way for a cup of coffee really makes you a special kind of cunt

>a shitpost board with a very strong association with cartoons
No.

meh. I take pleasure in watch capitalism crush little snowflake faggots.

It's right on the way actually and no. We sit there half awake waiting for coffee and some donuts. Get it, drink and eat, chat with the lady for a couple minutes then gtfo

Then stop acting all high and mighty because someone else happens to have a Starbucks nearby instead

It's expensive sugar water. And where do you think you are? Starjews a fucking shit.

Your Mexican dhiarrea water is shit paco

I live near a university so we've got enough demand to sustain literally hundreds of coffeeshops within a mile radius. I wish sb would get the negative stigma mcdonalds and kfc would get, so they'd be forced to the ghetto - unfortunately though, dunkin donuts seems to have taken that role

You just assumed my gender you shitlord. I literally can't even right now

What part are you disagreeing with?

The shitposting? I don't think that needs any further explanation at all?

the cartoons? Fuck, this site was started as a copy of a Japanese anime site, and even now the proportion of anime/comic related boards to non- is far far far higher than the internet as a whole.

>You just assumed my gender

Who cares?

A full sized cup. Seriously, nobody orders an espresso at starbucks, they just piss out your shot in a 12 oz paper cup.

>Who cares
People who drink starjews

Paco is gender neutral

Irrelevant because gender is a social construct.

Starbucks doesn't roast on site. The individual shops get shipments of already roasted beans in five pound bullets, which they then grind up and use as needed. It's part of the reason why their coffee a shit.

You are a social construct

I don't mind Starbucks anymore. After the whole meme about >muh local coffee shops, all the pretentious fucks that originally went to SB now go to the local coffee shops. Another thing, I can always rely on the free wifi there and the way it works, I don't have to ask nobody for the password. And their iced coffee, at venti size, is less than 3 bucks which I reliably get almost every time so it's not like I'm shelling out 5-10 bucks every time I go on coffee smoothies. Their flat white is good too and not that expensive.

IF I want to tip my fedora about coffee, why wouldn't I just do it myself at home and pay less for it as opposed to the local coffee shop?

>google says cartoons.
it should say chinese cartoons

Local businesses suck. They've got a fuck you attitude so the service is often terrible. Employees are rude and never smile, act like they're better than their job. Also, local is typically ocerpriced because they're going for that bullshit pretentious "local organic" angle.

Fuck small businesses

Not to mention, if they're anywhere near a tourist attraction, they jack up their prices and become literal tourist traps themselves.

but what about muh being my own boss?

This but also
>pretty shitty desu
I respect your opinion and all but fuck you mang

a small coffee shop doesnt exist near me. if it did, i would support it every now and then. but really, all coffee i have is at home.