So, explain me why we can't use Magnets for perpetual motion free energy

So, explain me why we can't use Magnets for perpetual motion free energy.

youtube.com/watch?v=EmdKVecQhXs

Other urls found in this thread:

beaconpower.com/stephentown-new-york/
youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZFh1vMkZQ
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Because the petrol companies are enslaving us.

we actually don't "know" why. the laws of thermodynamics are empirical.

>inb4 statistical thermo meme

Go start a company and sell them then.

Oh wait

Because if we could do something so simple we would have already. There's millions of patents for perpetual motion machines and naught a one has ever been shown to work or make money.

Because energy is conserved.

Because you have to keep putting energy in for them to keep working

>engineer for the USPO
>see literally hundreds of FREE energy designs across my desk
>have to send a letter explaining why they are retarded for each one
>tfw

But the one in the video works

Please, post one of the letters.

Force and energy are not the same thing. If you push two magnets together they can exert a force that pushes them apart like a spring, but any energy you can harvest out of them pushing apart is going to be less than the energy required to push them together in the first place.

No it doesnt. It slowly releases the enrgy in the magnets, which will demagnetize after a while. Its at best a new fuel source, though I doubt an efficient one

can you show me the statistical thermo meme, im about to study statistical thermodynamics

What if you draw energy from the 4th dimension and turn it into 3d energy? It wouldn't be over-unity or energy out of nothing. It'd just be from pouring in from a different dimension into ours.

They did an entire anime series on this so it must be legit. Right? Seriously tho, Tom Bearden seems to think it's possible.

>>have to send a letter explaining why they are retarded for each one

Really. I thought the USPO had a blanket "no free energy machine" rule. Do you really have to explain physics to people who think thermodynamics is a conspiracy created by oil companies?

We're trying. And I don't mean bullshit free energy machines. I mean machines that use already existing energy which is found in abundance.

Some of the better ideas include geothermal, wave power, solar, and solar updraft towers.

Magnets are at best energy conveyors since it takes energy to make one.

The 4th dimension is time so i'm not really sure what you mean

[math]dW = \overline{F} \cdot \overline{v} {dt}
= q\left ( \frac{\overline{v}}{c} \otimes \overline{B} \right ) \cdot \overline{v}
=0[/math]
The work done on any free charge on a free path in a magnetic field is zero.

[math]\oint \overline{F}\cdot{\overline{d}} = 0 [/math]
The work done on any magnet in a closed path

Note the "CLOSED PATH" there. To get work out of it, you'd need to constantly move one mass from one point and deposit it at another, or completely eject it. It can never return to the same point, or no work is done. That's why Gauss Guns can work, but your uncle's perpetual motion machine is still under unity.

If this were true, you would hear about it on nightly news before Veeky Forums.

>So, explain me why we can't use Magnets for perpetual motion free energy.

Inductive reactance/reluctance

and thermodynamics

← ob pic

>infinite energy generator
>has to plug it into the electrical socket

friction, you fucking retards, friction

>It slowly releases the enrgy in the magnets, which will demagnetize after a while
Please stop, your stupidity hurts.

Where does the energy come from then?

Nowhere, it doesn't fucking work.

"Permanent" magnets aren't actually permanent, you know.

It has literally nothing to do with the question at hand.
Even if you had perfect permanent magnets you still wouldn't make an engine out of them.

Well it does work, for a while. I built something similar myself once. Its basically just an electric motor

Even atoms decompose because of entropy.

No it doesn't and no you didn't.

Using magnets to make something spine around really isnt hard. Its literally what an electric motor does

No and it's impossible and no it's not what an electric motor does.
Go fuck yourself in /x/ you stupid uneducated smell plebe.

So, they made a magnetic bearing flywheel generator to store grid energy. That the same thing some server farms use to store massive amounts of energy for switching from grid to conventional generator when the power goes out.

The energy comes from grid power. At the beginning of the video you see them plug it in to get the flywheel up to speed. This puts energy into the flywheel. When they unplug it, that energy is then taken from the flywheel to be used to generate electric for the lights and such.

This is nothing more than a flywheel energy storage system.

>i heard a smart guy say something so imma repeat it

I bet you think 1+2+3+4+5... = -1/12

Here's the industrial application of that technology in the video.

>Beacon Power 20 MW 200 Flywheel Power Storage Plant
beaconpower.com/stephentown-new-york/

youtube.com/watch?v=I1ZFh1vMkZQ

Theres only a limited amount of magnetism in each object, its a fuel like coal

>if I repeat it without linking maybe someone will take me seriously
no, you're wrong, that's not the reason why it doesn't work
you don't know the first thing about electromagnetism

>no, you're wrong, that's not the reason why it doesn't work
>you don't know the first thing about electromagnetism

I was going to post this, but it was going to be autism level text. Glad you beat me to it with a condensed version.

Except he's right you fucking retard.

What's the efficiency of these things. It seems like it would bleed a lot of energy.

He means he built a fly wheel to store energy. He is not saying he built a perpetual motion machine or that an electric motor creates rotation with just a magnet.

He said he used magnets to make something spin, which is wrong.

He's wrong, that's not the reason why it doesn't work. Never give your mouthbreather opinion about something you don't understand again. Either you never took electrodynamics, or you were just too stupid to understand it.

>He said he used magnets to make something spin, which is wrong.

Magnets, both permanent and electric are used in electric motors. We can both agree that a single permanent magnet is insufficient to create a motor. We would have to ask the user in question what he meant, but I take it to mean he build a flywheel and electric motor that was able to convert electricity into the rotation of the flywheel and then convert the rotation of the flywheel back in electricity.

At this point it seems to be an argument of semantics, so let me find out if we can all agree:

You can't make energy form nothing even if you add magnets.

Well couldn't you use magnetic axels to stop friction from being an issue?