What does Veeky Forums think of my tiny collection?

>validate me

I asked what do you think of my collection, not what do you think of me. Can't you read?

I don't get these kind of threads. The books are okay but I have more books lying under my coffetable and I don't have the urge to show them off. In some bookshelf thread we came to the conclusion that a normal well read person has at least about 500 books at home and doesn't make a fuss about it. So why do people come here and post the 10 books they own? Makes you look a bit foolish.

Validation

Books are a fashion statement for ugly lonely as socially inept teenagers

/thread

like unless you wanted to show us a small selection of books and wanted us to give a recommendation then that would be neat, other wise is right and it looks like you just took 10 good books to be validated

It's not about validation, I'm asking what do these books communicate as a whole.

They communicate that you wish to be validated for your choice of books

they communicate you started reading books 3 months ago, and half of the books you have you have never read and only bought to show off.

You apparently own 13 books. Out these I have 8 of them as well. You are somewhere in the very beginning of your Veeky Forums career but still lack the knowledge to understand most of these books, especially the philosophical ones. Get more books, read more and read your old books again. But maybe it's of course just a big joke and you took a pic from r/bookshelves to bait us, who knows.

prob bait, with his 'what do these books communicate as a whole' faggotry

All you idiots valudating me by claiming I only wanted to be validated. Thanks, I guess my choices turned out to be good.

i*

>le Veeky Forums is my special place and only people who act like me are allowed in

Yeah yeah, whatever. It's just not a great collection. As i said, the books are ok but collection is pretty much an overstatement. Whoever owns these books should just read more. Or not. Whatever.

dude you must be sooooooooooooooooooo fucking new, stick around for more then 3-4 years and you'll be acting like the rest of us

First I was just playing with you, but now I pity you.

Well, atleast one person said something sensible. Cheers.

>current year
>still buying physical books

That's another of these fruitless discussions we have here way too often. Many believe that a physical copy of a book makes you read it in a more concentrated and focused way but if you prefer reading it as an ebook, we can hardly stop you. Enjoy!

Very well memed my friend but nonetheless its a good start.

Haha, ur a funny joker.

Very fresh, keep up the good work buddy.

I think it's pretty cool. I would add "Letters From a Stoic" by Seneca, I think you'd love that. What I love is that your books are very re-readable, so you don't need much. If that is indeed your thinking, I would add a legendary novel that's rather bulky. War and Peace, Infinite Jest, Don Quixote, etc

>cheap mass-market paperbacks
>collection

Might as well just print the books and bind them yourself.

Do you like Huey Lewis and the News?

Up and coming patrician.

>Collected Short Stories of Roald Dahl

B A S E D
A
S
E
D

I was thinking War and Peace and Don desu. Somehow not interested in IJ at all.

>current year
>not buying physical books in case of an imminent world wide EMP attack

I'd be inclined to say the same thing as well, but you also don't know why OP has so few books - it could very well be a monetary thing, so you shouldn't be such a snob.

All the books are decent, some great, and it's a good beginner's collection for books, OP.