What motivation did low energy single celled lifeforms have to evolve into advanced complex lifeforms like humans...

What motivation did low energy single celled lifeforms have to evolve into advanced complex lifeforms like humans? I thought evolution didn't have a "purpose"?

Checkmate atheists.

They don't have motivation. It just happens randomly.

None, but changes accumulate and its far harder to lose information than gain it

Why were unmotivated, single celled organisms competitive?

>le random chance
That's obviously not a correct response. Something forced them to compete, which lead to evolution.

I don't give a shit, I just love this image.

Limited food sources perhaps?

So they did have motivation to consume their environment?

>its far harder to lose information than gain it

And why is that so?

mfw atheists are literally on damage control

God made them do it

ITT: theists BTFO

There are single celled life forms that live together in clumps.
Multicellular life is an advantage because transportation/eating and reproduction can be compartmentalized as opposed to being a matter of either one or the other since reproduction takes away microtubules for its duration and those are used for other things normally.

>Multicellular life is an advantage because transportation/eating and reproduction can be compartmentalized as opposed to being a matter of either one or the other since reproduction takes away microtubules for its duration and those are used for other things normally.

But why? Why does it have to be that way?

See this is the problem with you atheists. You're very good at explaining how something works, but not why.

"why" and "how" are equivalent when you're talking about the mechanical cause of a phenomena

the phenomena is complex life's existence
the cause is evolution over a very long period of time
organic molecules exist because chemistry
organic molecules changed over time to become more complicated because chemistry
so much time has passed since life began to evolve that it makes your puny little head spin and you're convinced that somehow, science has to be wrong because you cannot even fucking fathom how old the earth is

and that would be all well and good if you had any interest in developing your own hypothesis and testing it, but you would rather read an antiquated book and believe in fairy tales about magic wizards in the sky that love you

tell me: why is whatever god you believe in the 'actual god' rather than any other religion's god?

The ones that didn't died.

What I want to know is why sexual reproduction evolved only once. Surely it's not THAT unlikely, right?

Why do you think a belief in a god and a belief in evolution are mutally exclusive? The only group a belief in evolution is absent from is retards.

What do you mean once? Nearly every creature on Earth sexually reproduces...

They all descend from a common ancestor.

Your textbook explanation is admirable. But you still haven't provided an explanation as to WHY these phenomenon occur in the first place.

I can understand that Science doesn't have all the answers yet, but to rule out the possibility of a God already with nothing more than circumstantial evidence is just ludicrous.

>believing in God means you automatically don't believe in science

Not all of us are evangelicals you retard. I believe science can explain (with approximations) the physical world around us but thats about all it can do really. It can't give a specific reason as to why stuff like why the speed of light limit is 300,000 km/s and not 1,000,000,000,000 km/s for example other than "muh divide zero error"

What is in your opinion the difference between why and how? Give us some definition of why.

Also a lot of these mechanisms of evolution have no "why" as I understand the word but are simply actions that we can describe ie. this particle in this space moves in this way when in this environment.

I can understand why the question of asking "why" may trigger the scientist. It implies the universe is deterministic with a cause to each and every action.

I don't rule out the possibility of a god, just your God, because your God is clearly made up nonsense.
Also, I did explain why those phenomena occur, but you're not listening. Chemistry exists because the chemical elements exist and they interact in very specific ways. Chemical compounds are able to change over a period of time because time passes. That's what a chemical reaction is.

believing in god means you shouldn't be trusted to do accurate science, because you're prone to magical thinking, confirmation bias, and other nasty buzzwords that basically flag you as a dipshit

>I don't rule out the possibility of a god, just your God

Nigger, I'm agnostic.

>Nigger, I'm agnostic.
Nigger, you're an atheist

>It can't give a specific reason as to why stuff like why the speed of light limit is 300,000 km/s and not 1,000,000,000,000 km/s
You seem very certain about that. Care to explain why?

>I'm agnostic.

Because some bearded kike said so thats why

>What motivation did low energy single celled lifeforms have to evolve into advanced complex lifeforms like humans?

Adaptation to environment.

The only motivation there is.

Complex lifeforms have lower a entropy density than simple ones. Life is the process of using energy (mostly from the sun) to lower it's entropy.

That's a pretty stupid view on evolution. There is only one reason why evolution happens, and that is to survive. No motivation is happening, unfit organism just have a higher probability that they will die and that environment.

if you have bacteria that are good at digesting celulose and some of them (from common ancestor) happen to have "organs" that can handle sucrose as well, in the time of low levels of celulose, the ones that can adapt to sucrose will survive if present. There, evolution just happened. I don't think I can explain this in a simpler way.

as you can see ,there was no motivation behind it, those that were unfit simply died, confused as to why they can't find any food. period.

>First life came 4 billion years ago
>First multicellular came 1,5 billion years ago

"Multicellularity has evolved independently at least 46 times,[5][6] including in some prokaryotes, like cyanobacteria, myxobacteria, actinomycetes, Magnetoglobus multicellularis or Methanosarcina. However, complex multicellular organisms evolved only in six eukaryotic groups: animals, fungi, brown algae, red algae, green algae, and land plants.[7] It evolved repeatedly for Chloroplastida (green algae and land plants), once or twice for animals, once for brown algae, three times in the fungi (chytrids, ascomycetes and basidiomycetes)[8] and perhaps several times for slime molds and red algae.[9]"